Rhapsody

MJDMV

We are also just back from our first cruise which was a week on Rhapsody. Difficult to compare it therefore to any other cruise but can compare to the big world outside.

We didn't do specialty dining. They were pushing it a lot as the restaurats apart from chef's table were pretty empty when we went past any time. We enjoyed both MDR and Windjammer. Never ate dinner at Windjammer as the kids enjoyed the main restaurant so much.

Ours was an inside cabin x 2. Bigger than I thought it would be. We were mid-ships deck 4 which was ideal for us. No noise from other parts of the ship at all and a dark room at night!

The entertainment was mixed. Loved the live music around the ship. Often sat sipping a beer waiting for the others listening to the guitar and violin duo each evening. The live music was a definate plus.

The main shows were however hit and miss. The "guest" entertainers were in the main very good, especially the comedy string quartet and the tenor. The mime artist was funny at first until he started to do the none moving suitcase etc, which says much about the number of mime artists I see around Edinburgh at this time of year with the fringe on. The last night magician was average in my opinion. However it is difficult to do a magic act without words. However the ships own singers and dancers were hot and cold. The piano man show I enjoyed.the others far less so.

Did you try any specialty dining? How was the food in the MDR and Windjammer? What type of room did you have? Any comments on the entertainment?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Chops was excellent. I had an interior which was obviously small but clean and just right. Didn't go to the theatre but the general entertainment from the CD and his staff was very good.

Personally - keep up to date with emails FB etc.

Teenagers - contact friends, facetime, streaming music and/or video (if worth bothering).

No problems with emails and texting. Video streaming would likely be a problem.

Personally - keep up to date with emails FB etc.

Teenagers - contact friends, facetime, streaming music and/or video (if worth bothering).

We used FaceTime on Rhapsody both in Europe and on a Transatlantic. It worked well. Also did wifi calling on my iPhone. Streaming music/video/netflix could be iffy depending on ship location.

We are also just back from our first cruise which was a week on Rhapsody. Difficult to compare it therefore to any other cruise but can compare to the big world outside.

We didn't do specialty dining. They were pushing it a lot as the restaurats apart from chef's table were pretty empty when we went past any time. We enjoyed both MDR and Windjammer. Never ate dinner at Windjammer as the kids enjoyed the main restaurant so much.

Ours was an inside cabin x 2. Bigger than I thought it would be. We were mid-ships deck 4 which was ideal for us. No noise from other parts of the ship at all and a dark room at night!

The entertainment was mixed. Loved the live music around the ship. Often sat sipping a beer waiting for the others listening to the guitar and violin duo each evening. The live music was a definate plus.

The main shows were however hit and miss. The "guest" entertainers were in the main very good, especially the comedy string quartet and the tenor. The mime artist was funny at first until he started to do the none moving suitcase etc, which says much about the number of mime artists I see around Edinburgh at this time of year with the fringe on. The last night magician was average in my opinion. However it is difficult to do a magic act without words. However the ships own singers and dancers were hot and cold. The piano man show I enjoyed.the others far less so.

Do you remember the name of this duo? (or did you save your Cruise Compasses and can look it up?)

Are there any specialty tastings onboard such as a martini tasting at a specific bar or food tastings? I remember doing this on a Carnival cruise and really enjoyed it when we were at sea. I leave on Rhapsody 3 weeks today for the Greek Isles! So excited!