Fort Lauderdale- How early can you get off ship?

Banks822

I'm Diamond, did a walk off, grabbed a cab, and got to the FLL airport a little after 8AM in plenty of time to switch my booked 11AM flight to a 9:30 AM departure.

We will be on the Conquest and it says we'll dock at 8am, but we have never gotten back that late. We're hoping to be able to make a 9:15 flight.

We will be on the Conquest and it says we'll dock at 8am, but we have never gotten back that late. We're hoping to be able to make a 9:15 flight.

Have a back-up plan. US immigration can hold up a ship. If someone died onboard or there was an incident, they are going to handle that before they start letting people off.

If you don't mind going standby on a later flight then go for it.

I did Platinum, luggage in terminal and it was more than an hour in Customs, taxi to airport at 9:30 am. Time before got caught in full immigration for crew (every crew member had to get off) but that time they were still doing Mobile Passport so I got thru quick. However, the regular line was over 90 minutes. Got to the airport before 9. At the airport, it was so crowded that they weren't letting you get in line until 2 hours before your flight.

You certainly can make a 9:15 am flight but is it worth the potential stress of missing it if something goes wrong? People have made this time in the past and people have missed this time in the past . . . In a perfect world, with getting up early and doing self walk off . . . You "should" make it. Any delay in customs and that timeline goes out the window. Hopefully you booked a good airline with flexible changing abilities (Southwest).

I am a "cut it close" person myself and for me that is a bit uncomfortable . . . 10 a.m. I would roll the dice.

You certainly can make a 9:15 am flight but is it worth the potential stress of missing it if something goes wrong? People have made this time in the past and people have missed this time in the past . . . In a perfect world, with getting up early and doing self walk off . . . You "should" make it. Any delay in customs and that timeline goes out the window. Hopefully you booked a good airline with flexible changing abilities (Southwest).

I am a "cut it close" person myself and for me that is a bit uncomfortable . . . 10 a.m. I would roll the dice.

We really don't want to try for so early, but the next option was close to 5pm and double the price. We are just going to hope and pray for the best this time and be more careful with planning in the future.

We really don't want to try for so early, but the next option was close to 5pm and double the price. We are just going to hope and pray for the best this time and be more careful with planning in the future.

Completely understand that, have fun and good vibes that everything will work out perfectly :cool:

There is a reason the flights are cheaper before the recommended cruise line times.

• 3 months later...

Update: We made our early flight yesterday! We were in the Theater by 6:45, off the ship by 7:10, and to the airport before 8am. I'm thankful we made it, but I never want to cut it that close again!