Daily Service Charge Changes

Penny Pannon

Yes. From $13.99 to $14:50 for my September cruise on the Star. I️f I️ prepay before March 31 I️ can keep the old rate. Problem is, then I can’t use my OBC from my TA. Big deal, it’s only $7 total for two of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

yes, they are a few dozen topics on this and it is posted on the ncl website

for some odd reason, i never gotten an email from NCL about this for my cruise next year

Not to worry - your booked cruise before March 31 2018 - you will pay the old fees as long as you do this before sailing.

So your booked next year cruise - pay the old fees before sailing and you are good !

It is TRUE - NCL FEE-STYLE cruising is getting more fees for the same ole same ole service.

yep, just like the other lines. BTW freestyle cruising never had a thing to do with FREE and most of us know it. You can always choose another line if you think you can do better or think .51 a day is going to create a serious hardship?

I agree that .51 isn't going to break anyone. People state on the boards how they "scored" the haven, the vibe passes, etc which cost a great deal of money and no one blinks an eye to the cost. The increase of $.51 has caused such a stir with page upon page of mostly complaints. The solution is simple. Either pay it or go elsewhere. I, myself, who humbly books inside/studios, have no problem with this small increase because cruises bring so much joy to my life. It is well worth it!

It is TRUE - NCL FEE-STYLE cruising is getting more fees for the same ole same ole service.

How witty. Did you make that up yourself?

This is an expect d annual increase. Just like you expect a pay raise every year.

It helps the hard working crew serving you from those who would routine stuff the waitress at Denny’s.

How witty. Did you make that up yourself?

This is an expect d annual increase. Just like you expect a pay raise every year.

It helps the hard working crew serving you from those who would routine stuff the waitress at Denny’s.

Looks like you didn't catch your chill worm today yet!

Looks like you didn't catch your chill worm today yet!

Exactly. Anyway, the fees have went up 21% in a few years - show me an employer that awards 6 or 7 percent pay rises a year over the same period.

If you want a 21% increase in salary, you have to take on extra duties. Here, NCL are providing the same service for a substantially inflated price.