New Press Release on the Revolution

dkjretired

You can be certain if new ideas work on Celebrity other lines in the same category will be close behind.

Perhaps, but each cruise line will do their own thing on their own schedule. We already spread our $'s...celebrity, Disney (family cruises), Princess (celebrity Norway itinerary is unexciting), a rental house for a couple of weeks, birthdays and so on....something like $40K last year. Celebrity will get a piece if they continue to offer what we consider a good value. If we feel like second class citizens, we'll move elsewhere (Sometimes I already feel like the unwashed masses with the focus on suites). They already lost our aqua upgrade $'s (for us the 1A cabins on S-class are better cabins). I don't think we'll ever go back to the Caribbean again...the sting rays already spell out Welcome Back GH on the bottom when we get to Grand Cayman.

OTOH, I"m a stockholder (yup, the 100 shares) so if they do well, every little bit helps. But I'm also a 100 share Carnival stockholder, so no allegiances.

But I can understand Celebrity not wanting us. I bargain for specialty restaurants paying 35-50%, I enjoy the elite drinks on TA's and classic drink package on other cruises (sometimes upgraded to Premium). We tend to set up our own excursions, we don't buy artwork, we buy relatively inexpensive wines, we aren't spa folks although we like the gym...in other words our bill at the end of the cruise is generally nothing because we get pretty good perks from TA's and Celebrity. OTOH, we have recommended Celebrity to a number of folks...something I don't think Celebrity HQ ever thinks about...that's actually good value to them.

We all just have to wait and see how all this rolls out....

Edited by ghstudio

LLP does not want long time cruises who no longer spend money on photos or purchase mdse in the overpriced shops on board. She appears to want the torn jean crowd, the socially diverse and those with a cause. All you have to do is read her various comments. Might be time to exit.

I have said this for a long time. Loyalty means nothing to her and she has taken the true identity of Celebrity and made it RCI. Making all the ships the same is a foolish idea. Been with Celebrity since 1992 and enjoyed the differences, doing Edge in January along with Silhouette and probably no more. Sad.

She wants young folks. Just have to find another cruise line that meets our needs. Loved Celebrity but, sadly, things are changing and that's what they are looking for so, whatever. I wish them all good luck.

Pat C

Agree with the Bees, look at their actions since she took over and look at the Press Releases

Don: Just happened upon another item that proves my point. If I post it would cause a stir. That is not my intent. I feel that you as a retired officer have figured it out. Funny how things pop up. Good sailings ahead. Larry

Just more LLP babble. When she has something interesting to say, such as the schedule of said renovations, I'll listen. In the meantime, I'm off to MSC's Yacht Club. Got a screamin' deal with them and really looking forward to it. I've already cancelled my other Celebrity cruise scheduled for this year and many of the bookings I have for next year are in doubt. We'll see how it plays out.

Probably not as after the Revolution, I reckon it will revert to the vouchers per night ;).

That top right picture looks awfully like one of the examples that I was asked to rate a few weeks ago on a questionnaire from X. The question was something along the lines as to choose one photograph out of the four shown (4 different rooms - traditional, classic, ultra modern & the beige one above) which I thought represented ‘luxury’. Ironically, I didn’t choose that picture. It may have been a coincidence - who knows?

I suspect that will be the case on the Edge TA next spring. There will be so many Elites and Elite plus passengers that I can’t imagine where they’d host a cocktail party. Not to worry, I’ll enjoy the laundry benefit regardless:D

Speaking of Edge, I’ll be interested to note how well all that off white and ecru fabric holds up. There should be perhaps six cruises before ours, so we shall see. I’ll admit that some of the projected Edge decor leaves me cold (though it may be much better in person) but I’m amused by the “Whoville” elements. DH catches me humming the Whos’ “Welcome Christmas” song whenever I look at photos of the deck containing the Garden Grill;p

I get that she doesn't want to run a Sr.'s cruise line. That's been coming since Michael Bailey, probably before that when Dan Hanrahan started allowing Jeans in the dining rooms. But some of the blatant derogatory and sexist comments that are posted about her over and over on this forum are out of line.

If you'd like my take on a particular press release then post it, I'm not about to go hunting for them.

Not asking for you to look them up, just pointing out that I referred to press releases not a press release.

I have never made a derogatory comment about her but reserve the right to disagree respectfully with her.

It does leave lots of questions unanswered....We have a cruise booked 2020 on Silhouette post upgrade, we are presently considering another cruise on Equinox post upgrade....before committing $xxxx it would be nice to know exactly what we are getting....

We have the same dilemma. We are booked on the Summit in a Suite 2 sailings after drydock. Would like to know something more before we commit to airfare. Once we have the air secured, there's no cancelling the cruise.

We are also booked on the Equinox after drydock in a Suite, but that doesn't require air for us so not as worried.

You can be certain if new ideas work on Celebrity other lines in the same category will be close behind.

I am impressed by all the changes but have to wonder which M class ship will go in first for Azipod problems. Been a problem we know since their launch.