Self Departure Allure Ft Lauderdale

dvmvet

I have used self departure in past and found it to be quite fast and efficient. I assume RC is still doing it.

Our family is doing Allure 7 nite, Carribean March 11. We have a 9 am flight out of Ft Lauderdale that leaves at 9am, and that flight was the best one to get us back home that afternoon.

Now, if we are all set to go for self departure when the ship docks on the 18th, does anyone have any comments on the chance of making the 9 am flight?

Thanks

DVM vet

I've done self-assist on the Oasis and Harmony, I don't think Allure would be any different. As Bob said, jump in line early and you should have no issue at all getting to the airport around 7. You can also just walk down around 6:30 - 6:45 and there probably won't be any line at all. You should be to the airport around 7:30 or so at the latest.

Are there taxis waiting at 6/6:30am?

Carnival Paradise - August 2015 - 5 nights

Carnival Splendor - August 2016 - 6 nights

Carnival Magic - August 2017 - 8 nights

Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas - August 2018 - 7 nights (booked)

Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas - August 2019 - 9 nights (booked)

No problem- we came off Allure on Easter sunday - in the thick of spring break season. With self-debark and getting in line by 530am, we were at the airport by 8am, easy.

Plenty of taxis and ubers - you'll have no problem! You might also download the Customs app on your phone which should speed the process further.

Thank you everybody, you were so helpful! That is great. I am sure it will be a bit ugly that early in the morning for us, but hey! We would have just had a tremendous time on our cruise, and early morning ugly will be more tolerarable

DVMvet

5:30 a.m.? Wow! Self-disembarkation must be so different on Allure than it was on Harmony. We walked off the ship with our luggage at 7:30 and arrived at the airport by 8:00a.m....in plenty of time for our 9:30 departure. We do have TSA, so that does help. We thought we could do the same thing when we disembark from Allure in May.

Thank you everybody, you were so helpful! That is great. I am sure it will be a bit ugly that early in the morning for us, but hey! We would have just had a tremendous time on our cruise, and early morning ugly will be more tolerarable

DVMvet

I'm assuming you found a great flight back to Toronto. When I sail out of FLL anymore, I can't get a flight before 2 or 3pm.

Yes, we get back to Buffalo by 3 pm or so - though we had to go thru NYC on the way. We generally like to use the Buffalo airport as prices are better. Though its expensive traveling during March break no matter what. Sigh!

DVMvet

Are there taxis waiting at 6/6:30am?

Carnival Paradise - August 2015 - 5 nights

Carnival Splendor - August 2016 - 6 nights

Carnival Magic - August 2017 - 8 nights

Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas - August 2018 - 7 nights (booked)

Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas - August 2019 - 9 nights (booked)

Plenty of them.

It sounds like self disembarking is slower on Allure than on Harmony, if you have to get in line at 5:30am. When we self disembarked on Harmony at @7:25, we were at the airport by 8:00! There was a very short line going through immigration at the port, so maybe we were just lucky. With TSA, we had plenty of time to make out 9:00ish flight.

It sounds like self disembarking is slower on Allure than on Harmony, if you have to get in line at 5:30am. When we self disembarked on Harmony at @7:25, we were at the airport by 8:00! There was a very short line going through immigration at the port, so maybe we were just lucky. With TSA, we had plenty of time to make out 9:00ish flight.

While I am sure this would work most of the time, it would be much safer imo to get in line much earlier if you really want to catch a 9am flight.

While I am sure this would work most of the time, it would be much safer imo to get in line much earlier if you really want to catch a 9am flight.

Good advice, but 5:30: YIKES! I think I may be able to talk my DH into 6:30"ish", especially because the taxis are waiting for the short ride to the airport. But, hey, maybe Allure is just much slower than Harmony.

We can be in line by 5 or 5 30. My 15 yr old son isn't too pleased-> But come on: we would have just been on 7 days in cruise paradise, so a little early morning is not something to carp about, IMHO.

DVMvet

I would walk down at 6:20 - 6:30, personally. Self-disembark is the same on Harmony as it is on Allure.

Do you mean it’s as “quick” as Harmony self disembarkation? If so, that’s really good news because there is no way we’re walking off the ship at 5:30a.m.! We’ll do what we did when we were on Harmony:) Can’t wait...only 4 more months!