Do the minisuite beds split into two?

Nevitales

I've tried searching online and the forums but haven't came to a solid answer. Does the bed in the minisuite split into two beds? I'm looking to book a cruise on the Epic with my mom. I'm torn between a balcony and a minisuite; the price is pretty similar. I know the beds in the balcony rooms can be split. I've even watched some videos and haven't found any where there was a split bed in a minisuite.

I've tried searching online and the forums but haven't came to a solid answer. Does the bed in the minisuite split into two beds? I'm looking to book a cruise on the Epic with my mom. I'm torn between a balcony and a minisuite; the price is pretty similar. I know the beds in the balcony rooms can be split. I've even watched some videos and haven't found any where there was a split bed in a minisuite.

When I was working with my NCL Cruise Consultant, they said our mini-suite normally had two twins, and he asked if we wanted a queen instead, which I did. I would call in advance and ask them to set it up as two beds for you.

Ours on the Gem last year were split. I think we requested it when we booked, but even if they aren’t when you first get to your cabin the steward will do it for you. I’ve had to do that once too. So far my experience is the only beds that cannot be split are the kings in full suites!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We’re booked in a penthouse which has a queen. I’m traveling with my SIL and so I called NCL about this very issue. The young man I spoke to told me it would NOT divide and that we either had to share the bed or one of us will have to use the sofa bed. He said he was 100% certain of this. If I had realized this ahead of time, I would have went with the balcony. So guess I’m sleeping on a sofa for a week [emoji12]

I realize you’re asking about a mini-suite...but could be the same.

Here is what the NCL web site says about mini suites on the Epic:

Mini-Suite with Balcony

The Mini-Suites with a Balcony have room for up to three and feature curved walls, a sitting area, two lower beds that convert to a queen-size bed and a luxury bath with shower or tub. They also include a private balcony with an amazing view.

Yes the bed in mini-suites do separate to two twin beds, no problemo. If you find them together upon embarking, simply ask the room steward to have then separated (if you don't see him/her, simply leave a note on bed for them to see before you leave cabin to go out for dinner). Don't bother calling or asking NCL beforehand to do so.

Keep in mind that half of the mini-suites have bathtubs, and the other half have big shower.

MA and MC cabins have bathtub, MB and MD have shower. Bear in mind that the bathtubs are short and aren't exactly soaking tubs, They have high edges and you can enter them only at the back.

Unfortunately, we had booked a MA when DH broke his ankle 4 weeks prior to cruise and he had difficulty using the tub (for the combo bath/shower). The next Epic mini-suite we had had the shower and we loved it.

ENJOY!!

We’re booked in a penthouse which has a queen. I’m traveling with my SIL and so I called NCL about this very issue. The young man I spoke to told me it would NOT divide and that we either had to share the bed or one of us will have to use the sofa bed. He said he was 100% certain of this. If I had realized this ahead of time, I would have went with the balcony. So guess I’m sleeping on a sofa for a week [emoji12]

I realize you’re asking about a mini-suite...but could be the same.

Ouchies, some penthouses do have "fixed" queen beds that cannot be separated :(. It's true. But if you ask for separate twin sized duvets/sheets on the bed, would it help?

ENJOY (well, try to ..)!!!

Ouchies, some penthouses do have "fixed" queen beds that cannot be separated :(. It's true. But if you ask for separate twin sized duvets/sheets on the bed, would it help?

ENJOY (well, try to ..)!!!

I’d happily share but SIL is insistent she cannot. So, I told her I’d take the sofa. I did call ahead of time and ask for an egg crate topper. Hopefully they’ll come through with that. SIL offered to trade off between the two, but I’ll be fine as long as I get the topper.

It’s going to be a great cruise!

The default arrangement is the bed is set up for two.

Contact your cabin steward either on boarding or sometime before dinner.

The beds will be split and ready for turn down later in the evening.

Where the bed occupies the center of the cabin with two end tables -

one of the end tables goes between the two beds.

In some cases one of the beds will be pushed up against the cabin wall

the other bed will have access on both sides.

It is possible to have both end tables in the middle and both beds against

the walls of the cabin for better aisle access.

Moving splitting the beds may hinder access to any electrical outlets behind

the bed(s) - CPAP users may need an extension cord from another area

of the cabin - discuss this with your cabin steward.

It is easy to see if the beds can be split - when putting your luggage under

the bed for storage if the bed frame is one piece - no can do - this happens

in suites with the King bed. Another way to check see if the top mattress is

one piece but the box spring underneath is two pieces. The cabin steward

will have to lug out the one piece mattress and replace with two units.

I was in a mini suite on the Jade in December and yes they were twin beds. Made another NCL cruise reservation for this November via NCL and was asked would I want a queen or split. I'm sure they can split. :D

I’d happily share but SIL is insistent she cannot. So, I told her I’d take the sofa. I did call ahead of time and ask for an egg crate topper. Hopefully they’ll come through with that. SIL offered to trade off between the two, but I’ll be fine as long as I get the topper.

It’s going to be a great cruise!

If she's the one who can't share, she should be the one on the sofa!!

If she's the one who can't share, she should be the one on the sofa!!

Lol...well, she’s told me we’ll trade off back and forth, but it’s really not a big deal.

Besides, I have restless legs!

It’s going to be her very first cruise and she’s going to LOVE it!!!