P&O Customer Service complaints overload

katieemily

To continue the saga. I received a reply to my refusal to accept the offer. I feel like big brother has been watching me. The reply said P&O had been monitoring my movement around the ship and ashore and that I had still been able to enjoy many of the ship's facilities. I had already pointed out that I wasn't able to use the pools or hot tubs which I had been enjoying and we could no longer take part in the dance classes or any dancing in the evenings. We had been going to the morning gym classes ad I did attempt to go to one more after the accident but it was too painful to bend my foot so I didn't go to any more. Whilst I did get off the ship in the ports I was unable to walk for long and we couldn't do many of the things we had planned to do. In Gibraltar we had to join a long queue shuttle and pay for it as it wasn't run by P&O. We would normally have walked.

P&O have said that there offer is fair and are not offering any more.

Does that mean they have withdrawn the offer and are saying “see you in court”?

P and O monitoring my movements. Presumably they must have been concerned. How did cruising become so confrontational. Monitoring movements, new alcahol policies, cancelling cruises, additional charges for everything, waiting to 3.30 to board, and undesirable dining time allocations. It is meant to be a holiday not a battle with Customer Services.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know you were advised to do that and as I said I think that was bad advice. You have to ask yourself if you are the kind of person who pushes and pushes to maximise what they can get out of an accident or if you aren't. I hope you don't mind me saying but you don't come across as the former and I suspect you would have accepted £500 cash (or settled for it off your next cruise) and have been happy enough at that. Life's too short as they say.

You are right. I have never been in this situation before and I just wanted some advice form someone who maybe had a similar experience. I certainly have no intention of taking legal advice, I just wanted to know what others though was a fair amount for a ruined holiday.

I haven't exaggerated what happened as Mercury is suggesting. In fact my foot still hasn't completely healed. It wasn't my fault that there was a sharp corner in the cabin. I have an autoimmune condition which makes any wounds slow to heal so maybe that is why it took so long and I definitely wasn't exaggerating the pain I was in for the rest of the cruise. I have been told by several medical consultants that I have to be very careful with my feet and now I know why. I just hope I never have a repeat experience of this.

Sorry Folks

Cannot support this.

Might well have been an incident, but being overly exaggerated IMO

Using the forum in an attempt to gain some sort of support IMO

I wasn't trying to gain support, I just wanted advice about what to accept. I have been trying to upload photos of my foot, the blood in the bathroom and the offending sharp corner but I cant do it. I wish you could see it then you might not be so quick to accuse me of exaggeration.

You are right. I have never been in this situation before and I just wanted some advice form someone who maybe had a similar experience. I certainly have no intention of taking legal advice, I just wanted to know what others though was a fair amount for a ruined holiday.

Good luck with what you decide to do.

I wasn't trying to gain support, I just wanted advice about what to accept. I have been trying to upload photos of my foot, the blood in the bathroom and the offending sharp corner but I cant do it. I wish you could see it then you might not be so quick to accuse me of exaggeration.

Yet you did not take yourself to the medical centre. It wouldn’t have prevented the original injury for which P&O have offered you what I think is a generous settlement, but it may have lessened the effect it had on your holiday.

And you have said, that if it had been properly dealt with at the start that you would not have made a complaint.

Yet you took photo's!

Roll the dice!

I didn't take the photos, my husband did. I haven't even shown them to anyone and I don't think I like your attitude. I came on here for some friendly advice, not to be accused of exaggeration.

I didn't take the photos, my husband did. I haven't even shown them to anyone and I don't think I like your attitude. I came on here for some friendly advice, not to be accused of exaggeration.

On of the advantages of that not to be mentioned social media site is that you can block people. Definitely an advantage.

Accepted!

I rolled a five!

No need to be so arrogant. This lady was just hoping that some experienced cruisers could help her with a very justified claim. I am sure she did not expect the negative and patronising response that you gave.

IMHO, how much should I claim is what's being asked

As has been said did not contact or visit medical centre at the outset.

Put a sock on it overnight.

Reported it to the Steward in the morning

Turned down various offers on board.

In the end we all pay.

I received an email from P&O today offering me £500 future cruise credit. It doesn't seem much for the pain I experienced and a ruined holiday. Any advice on what I should do please.

Based upon my personal experiences, I would say that this is probably as good as you will get when dealing with the land based P&O customer services team (unless you incur the cost and stress of legal action) as they take a very uncompromising stance and don’t seem to give a damn about customer retention.

Sadly, if you had assertively pursued it on board and built up a relationship with the ships Customer Services Manager, I think you would have received at least double what you have now been offered. In complete contrast to the land based team, they want you to leave happy and I have found that they exceed expectations. I guess it helps when you are able to talk face to face and it is far harder to palm someone off when they are sat in front of you.

It is an interesting proposition, "eye-to-eye", or remotely? From contacts with fellow guests, there seems to be quite a few who live relatively near Southampton. Has anyone had, or heard of, an experience where a complainant has directly "eye-balled" member(s) of the Carnival (UK) shore based Customer Services department? Perhaps, they would not be as able to deal with a human as they can mail? Indeed, it may be quickly estalated up the chain of command to an employee with a larger budget authority.

49 cruises 17 ships 3 liners

To continue the saga. I received a reply to my refusal to accept the offer. I feel like big brother has been watching me. The reply said P&O had been monitoring my movement around the ship and ashore and that I had still been able to enjoy many of the ship's facilities.

P&O have said that there offer is fair and are not offering any more.

A while ago Mrs Kalos had the misfortune to be in a car accident, which was not her fault, she was only a passenger.

The car drivers insurance solicitor contacted her, took note of her injuries and the first words out of

his mouth was " I will sort this out for you but do not post anything on any media/face b'k/ forum of any kind as this could hinder your case ."

He went onto say they can and do get someone to check these out if they think it could save them paying out.

You would not be hard to find, we know your injuries/ship you was on and we are aware that you

have turned down £500- so they would find you pretty easy.

You say you were being watched on the Ventura ? So was everybody else not just you .

If at my works someone comes along saying " I've had an Accident." First response from us is..

1 are you OK and do you require medical help? " 2 How where and when did it happen and then we would play our vast CCTV system back at the time you gave us. The Ventura will have done the same watching and picking you out before and after the event. It did not just film you as I said .

A little advice from me is Stop posting on sites like this if you intend to take it further, that is your choice, take what's on offer or as others have advised take legal advice but not from us lot on here. Just remember They do have films of your coming and goings and possible copies of your media postings they can present to a judge should it go that far.

Hope I have been of help .Good luck with your choice.

Maybe P&O have hired a Private Detective as well just in case the case goes to court and they finish up being sued for millions. The alternative is of course is that they've made a fair offer and have no intention of paying more and are bluffing about watching the lady and her movements.

Maybe P&O have hired a Private Detective as well just in case the case goes to court and they finish up being sued for millions. The alternative is of course is that they've made a fair offer and have no intention of paying more and are bluffing about watching the lady and her movements.

I doubt they were watching her, but they will be able to track some of her movements from her cruise card. When she went ashore and returned, when she used her card to buy anything and probably when she used it to enter her cabin.

I am not aware that P&O use cctv, RCI do have signs in the lift foyers to say that cctv cameras are in use, so I assume that P&O would also need to advise passengers if cctv was being used.

I doubt they were watching her, but they will be able to track some of her movements from her cruise card. When she went ashore and returned, when she used her card to buy anything and probably when she used it to enter her cabin.

I am not aware that P&O use cctv, RCI do have signs in the lift foyers to say that cctv cameras are in use, so I assume that P&O would also need to advise passengers if cctv was being used.

I agree with you about "watching her". I'm not sure about the cctv although I take your point. I recall on returning from a med cruise we were on the Britannia when the passenger went overboard and, as far as I understand, he was picked up on cctv. We never did hear what happened to him BTW.

It seems to me the injury was caused through disrepair and spoilt the enjoyment of an expensive holiday. The chances are the injured party did their best to enjoy what they could, I would do the same, this does not detract from the cause and result. In life you get what you settle for, I don’t agree with unsubstantiated claims but genuine cases should be upheld. The injured person is the best judge of whether £500 OBC is an appropriate compensation, if it isn’t I hope they don’t settle for it. These things are very wearing, I’m guessing the majority of people give up. I would advise not to worry about CCTV or corporate lawyers, for that matter we don’t even know if people here work for P&O. Do what you think is right, shame on P&O for not being more honourable in these circumstances, OBC should not be a solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is a difference between Cash Award, Credit to be used against a Future Cruise Cost, and Future Cruise Onboard Credit (FOBC).

The actual cost to Carnival (UK) and the value to the ex-guest varies in each case.

Taking FOBC, money must be spent before any Peninsular discount is allowable, thus reducing its actual value. A double plus for PO, share of profit margin on sales and no Pen discount.

Credit for a future cruise, can therefore be worth more to the ex-guest, but only if they cruise with the company. Another plus for PO, profit from a future cruiser.

Whereas a Cash Award comes straight to the ex-guest, who then has the choice of when and how it is spent.

49 cruises 17 ships 3 liners

• 3 weeks later...

My problem has been resolved! Thanks for all the suggestions and thanks to P&O. They are overstretched due to the Adonia issue and others, but they came through in the end. Patience, being calm, being in the right and talking to the right people won out in the end (in this instance).

John