Quest on Carnival??

crazy4themouse

It dawned on me that I have seen pretty much nothing mentioned on this board about the adult game Quest being played on Carnival... That *can't* be true!! I've played it on Royal and even Disney -- SURELY they play it on Carnival too, of all lines. Specifically on Magic? Please tell me they do!!

Depends on the CD and the crowd.

On our Miracle cruise a few months ago it was cancelled because only 20 showed up, most just to watch.

Wasn't offered on our cruise last week because the crowd was early-to-bed

Thanks for the reply, although discouraging.. =/ In all my cruises, Quest has been the biggest turnout of any onboard event, bar none. Everyone looks forward to it, whether they're participating or just spectating. I figured Carnival would have the biggest, craziest version of them all. O_o

Think I'll start begging Wee Jimmy now to have Quest on our upcoming cruise! :D

It dawned on me that I have seen pretty much nothing mentioned on this board about the adult game Quest being played on Carnival... That *can't* be true!! I've played it on Royal and even Disney -- SURELY they play it on Carnival too, of all lines. Specifically on Magic? Please tell me they do!!

I just came off the January 30 Breeze cruise without my correct bra so yes, we had Quest lol

I have done it frequently on RCCL so when I saw it posted that it would be done on the Fascination last year, I was really excited. It was totally boring! Done in the main theater and the host were more interested in flirting with each other than leading the game. People left in droves.

We were on the Conquest a few weeks ago and I did not see the Quest listed in the Fun times. We were disappointed. At the end of our cruise, I was looking over the old Fun times and saw where they had listed for one night at 11:30 pm an Adult entertainment game show.

Maybe that was the Quest?? So sorry we missed it!! :)

I always participate in Quest! Of our team of 15, only 4 of us participated. I wish people would participate though instead of just sitting there. Or at least move to the back. We still managed 3rd place though.

Last time the CD had people run to various places in the lounge to make it more fair.

should limit teams to say 8 people to make it a more equal competition.

They had it on our NYE cruise on the Miracle. It was a pretty small turnout and the assistant CD that hosted didn't do a great job. The CD was there but acted like she was too much of a "good girl" to participate. Lame. We were pretty disappointed as Quest has been the unexpected highlight of past cruises.

My guess is that they kept it "too secret", so people didn't know what the heck it was, so they didn't show up.

We recently went on 2 Carnival cruises in 2015 and NEITHER had the Quest. The Magic I assumed would because it was a summer cruise out of Galveston with tons of younger people. The Triumph was over Thanksgiving break and somewhat of a BOOZE cruise so I was shocked they didn't offer it. OUr Magic CD, James, told us he was not a fan. Kirk, the Triumph CD at the time didn't give a reason why they didn't offer it!

RCI offered it in 2014 and the Conquest in 2013... i LOVE the Quest! Best 2 hours on the ship... I hope they bring it back!

We were on the Conquest a few weeks ago and I did not see the Quest listed in the Fun times. We were disappointed. At the end of our cruise, I was looking over the old Fun times and saw where they had listed for one night at 11:30 pm an Adult entertainment game show.

Maybe that was the Quest?? So sorry we missed it!! :)

I looked back at my Fun Times from the Conquest and it did list it as "Adult Game Night" but when Eric (CD) was describing it he kept telling everyone that it was definitely for open minded adults so I just assumed it was the same.

The first time I saw Quest was on a RCCL cruise. They separated the audience into several teams so everyone were participating. It was a lot of fun.

On Carnival, you create your own team. The size of the team is much smaller. And most people there are just watching. As a Fun ship, Carnival should've done better.

Edited by guxu

There was the Quest on the Conquest on the week of January 9-17. They ran out of number cards, the room was packed. However, it was very tame compared to others I have been to on NCL and RCI. This WAS the adult game.

We got a group together, but couldn't get a card. We tried to join up with others standing beside us, but they were a bunch of prudes, so there were lots of things they refused to participate in, so they were a bit of a waste of space unfortunately. The game was tamer than I have seen it on other ships, that was probably due to the CD.

There was the Quest on the Conquest on the week of January 9-17. They ran out of number cards, the room was packed. However, it was very tame compared to others I have been to on NCL and RCI. This WAS the adult game.

We got a group together, but couldn't get a card. We tried to join up with others standing beside us, but they were a bunch of prudes, so there were lots of things they refused to participate in, so they were a bit of a waste of space unfortunately. The game was tamer than I have seen it on other ships, that was probably due to the CD.

When they do the adult version at midnight it is a load of fun. When they do it much earlier not so much. All depends on how the CD does it.

• 10 months later...