What's Your Favorite Carnival Cocktail--off the menu...

winddawn

Don't remember what was in it, but it was called the "F*ck You Phil" at the Alchemy bar on the Glory. The Alchemist made it for a guy named Phil on the cruise who was a regular at the the bar. Another ship friend of ours asked to taste the "unnamed" drink, and choked on it, and said "F*ck You Phil"! After that, the rest of the cruise that was how we ordered them!

Oh yeah, last December on the Magic we had an Alchemist named Nickolaus. He made me a special drink, and I loved it. I named it after him and drank them the whole cruise. I present to you, The NickNack!

Grey Goose VX

Patron Silver

Hendricks Gin

Spicy Mango Syrup

Lime Juice

Cranberry Juice

Lemon Garnish

Edited by MasterMason
Just remembered....

Ooh that is a good idea. I also like

Kahlua and cream with coconut rum. There might be a name for that but I don't know. My sister gets a drink called a Smith and Kerns. (I think.) Name doesn't matter as she has to tell them how to make it. It's a kahlua and cream with club soda. Makes it much lighter than traditional kahlua and cream.

I used to love Smith and Kerns!!

We've all tried or read about the typical Carnival cocktails. What's your favorite off-the-menu cocktail on Carnival? I like a rum Ricky....rum, lime juice, club soda, and lots of lime wedges. It's like a rum version of a margarita without all the margarita sugar. So what's yours?

Death in the Afternoon. Ernest Hemingway invented this drink later in his life, as he was an alcoholic, he wanted something that packed a punch. [emoji15]It's made with absinthe and champagne. Ask for it at the Alchemy bar, if they don't know how to make it, ask them to look it up in their book of drinks. I can drink tequila all day long, but these maybe 4, 5 tops, after dinner. Then it's back to the room. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Death in the Afternoon. Ernest Hemingway invented this drink later in his life, as he was an alcoholic, he wanted something that packed a punch. [emoji15]It's made with absinthe and champagne. Ask for it at the Alchemy bar, if they don't know how to make it, ask them to look it up in their book of drinks. I can drink tequila all day long, but these maybe 4, 5 tops, after dinner. Then it's back to the room. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've never even heard of absinthe. I had to Google it to find out what it is. With an alcohol content 45-74%, it really packs a punch! I can see why 4 or 5 could do you in. Lol.

Vodka and milk of magnesia. It's called a Phillips Screwdriver. I'll wait for some of you...

This one had me rolling on the floor. Lol

Yes, and for a smoother taste, I have a white Russian made with vanilla vodka.

Ooh that is a good idea. I also like

Kahlua and cream with coconut rum. There might be a name for that but I don't know. My sister gets a drink called a Smith and Kerns. (I think.) Name doesn't matter as she has to tell them how to make it. It's a kahlua and cream with club soda. Makes it much lighter than traditional kahlua and cream.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

Anyone know if they have elderflower/elderberry St. Germaine on the ships for martinis? Haven't been able to find it yet.

Well I Googled it cuz I've never heard of it. And on the Alchemy Bar menu I found The Youthful and Bold Beritini. It shows St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur as an ingredient. So they must have it. Visit the Alchemy Bar and ask for it! Be sure and come back here and let us know what your experience was! You must be a serious martini drinker. :-)

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/onboard/bars/menus/alchemy-bar-menu.pdf

Alchemy anything. I like gin and the bartender one time wanted to use me as a guinea pig for a drink he had read with vanilla and lavender. I don't remember what else he put in it and he didn't have a name for it but it was excellent!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well I Googled it cuz I've never heard of it. And on the Alchemy Bar menu I found The Youthful and Bold Beritini. It shows St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur as an ingredient. So they must have it. Visit the Alchemy Bar and ask for it! Be sure and come back here and let us know what your experience was! You must be a serious martini drinker. :-)

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/onboard/bars/menus/alchemy-bar-menu.pdf

Wow! How did I miss this? Thanks so much! It sounds scrumptious :hearteyes:

I can't wait to check this out.

If you drink it really quick you'll be Faster To The Fun...

I WANT to be Faster to the Fun! Always!

On Magic, one of the officers introduced me to a Carnival Cosmo with peach schnapps instead of lemoncello. It was delicious! Anyone know what it's called? Or maybe he made it up?

Mine I call Grape Coolade from the Alchemy Bar where they are creating vodka infusion drinks from scratch. Mine started with pineapple infused vodka and she added muddle blackberries, pineapple juice, lychee, and lime juice. Strained and poured over ice. Really good and looks like grape koolade.