Koningsdam OV cabin

flyboy3

We recently stayed in cabin 1170, which is cat. FB family oceanview. We had no problem booking this cabin for just the two of us. The cabins will sleep up to five people, if necessary. Our PCC said that these cabins are rarely sold out until last minute. Our friends just booked this cabin for their upcoming cruise, also without issue.

We loved the full size sofa instead of the usual love seat, the extra storage and the 2 bathrooms....one with tub, sink and toilet and one with sink and shower. I could bathe/shower in one, while my husband showered in the other....fabulous! Loved the larger cabin size, too. It felt more like a mini-suite, than a standard o/v cabin.

Yes, these cabins are more expensive, but really not by much. We paid only $100.00 (Canadian) per person more than the other o/v cabins and it was very well spent.

Koningsdam also has the CQ class cabins I mentioned when you asked about Eurodam. CQ 10001/10002 are pretty big. Not sure if you are looking for a cabin that fits more than two people. The FB/FA Family Ocean views would be a better value if you have three or more people, though you certainly can book them for just two, as Lady Arwen mentioned.

Our friends had 11004 (pretty sure that was the number). Right at the front of the ship with the window facing forward. The cabin was bigger than our veranda cabin and they loved the view out the front. If you're not prone to motion sickness it would be a great choice.

Floor to ceiling windows?

Do you know where one can find photos?

Not yet for the four that I mentioned, but you can go to halfacts.com and look at many deck 4 G/H/HH cabins on the Signature and Vista class ships which have them. They just look like a balcony door that doesn't open.

CLICK HERE for 4121 on the Westerdam which has the long windows and no life boat directly in front.

We are considering a transatlantic of the Koningsdam. Can someone recommend OV cabins they liked.

In January 2018, we spent 21 days in stateroom 1021, a Family Ocean View. It was quite large with one full bath and one bath with sink and bathtub/shower. We did not feel at all claustrophobic for the entire 21 days.

here are links to my Koningsdam videos on youtube. They have lots of photos of the cabin and of the ship.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/31/2018 at 4:29 AM, Daisyloo said:

Our friends had 11004 (pretty sure that was the number). Right at the front of the ship with the window facing forward. The cabin was bigger than our veranda cabin and they loved the view out the front. If you're not prone to motion sickness it would be a great choice.

Hi Daisyloo,

as inside cabins on MS Koningsdam seem to be extremely small we think of booking cabin 11004 which you might have seen. But: our travel agent tells us that the stateroom is equipped with only one desk chair while a youtube video shows that very cabin with two chairs and a small couch.) But one of us always sitting on a bed is not a good option. Can you tell me something about size and chairs in that stateroom?

11 hours ago, schifffan said:

Hi Daisyloo,

as inside cabins on MS Koningsdam seem to be extremely small we think of booking cabin 11004 which you might have seen. But: our travel agent tells us that the stateroom is equipped with only one desk chair while a youtube video shows that very cabin with two chairs and a small couch.) But one of us always sitting on a bed is not a good option. Can you tell me something about size and chairs in that stateroom?

It's been over a year since my friends had that cabin so my memory might wrong,  but I am pretty sure there was one desk chair and one small sofa.  The cabin was quite roomy and our friends were very happy with it. It was bigger than our balcony cabin (not counting the balcony space)  And the view out the front was great.

Edited by Daisyloo

On 3/30/2018 at 2:10 PM, Lady Arwen said:

We recently stayed in cabin 1170, which is cat. FB family oceanview. We had no problem booking this cabin for just the two of us. The cabins will sleep up to five people, if necessary. Our PCC said that these cabins are rarely sold out until last minute. Our friends just booked this cabin for their upcoming cruise, also without issue.

We loved the full size sofa instead of the usual love seat, the extra storage and the 2 bathrooms....one with tub, sink and toilet and one with sink and shower. I could bathe/shower in one, while my husband showered in the other....fabulous! Loved the larger cabin size, too. It felt more like a mini-suite, than a standard o/v cabin.

Yes, these cabins are more expensive, but really not by much. We paid only $100.00 (Canadian) per person more than the other o/v cabins and it was very well spent.

We upgraded from an inside to this very room. I loved it! I would definitely stay in this one again. So easy to get on and off the ship. And the elevators were right there.

20 hours ago, Daisyloo said:

It's been over a year since my friends had that cabin so my memory might wrong,  but I am pretty sure there was one desk chair and one small sofa.  The cabin was quite roomy and our friends were very happy with it. It was bigger than our balcony cabin (not counting the balcony space)  And the view out the front was great.

Thanks a lot for your quick answer. If your memory is right and it was really cab. 11004 we will love it. We hesitated to book that cabin because looking at the deck plan, 11004 and 11003 are the smallest cabins in the front row on Sun Deck. Your comments made our decision easy. - Dankeschön and greetings from Germany.