Surprise Cruise on the Explorer!

So I'm planning a surprise cruise for my OH and me, planning to go in Feb. I want to give it to the Mr. As a combined anniversary/Christmas present (anniversary is end of Nov so it's close to Christmas) so I have to keep it a secret until THEN and I have NO IDEA how I'm going to manage that :D.

SO here I am, the one place I can talk about it freely!

I've never sailed with RCI (have been with Carnival and P&O) before but I've heard good things and I'm so excited!

What a nice surprise, hope you can pull it off. I think you will enjoy Explorer, we will be going on her for the 2nd time in 97 days.

I hope I can!! It's going to be so hard not to tell him haha. Keeping a secret for 6 months is going to be a challenge!

Lucky you!! Enjoy! :D

We surprised our kids a few years ago, although ours was a drop and go, so we only had to keep quiet a couple of months. It was hard not to slip up and say something, plus had to pack all their clothes in secret. But their reaction was all worth it!!! Enjoy planning your cruise and surprising your hubby!

We surprised our kids a few years ago, although ours was a drop and go, so we only had to keep quiet a couple of months. It was hard not to slip up and say something, plus had to pack all their clothes in secret. But their reaction was all worth it!!! Enjoy planning your cruise and surprising your hubby!

Haha luckily I won't have to pack his stuff, he loves the anticipation and looking forward to a holiday so I'll give him the cruise papers a couple of months before we're due to go :D that way he can help plan the excursions etc for the ports (he liked doing that in our last cruise).

So I'm planning a surprise cruise for my OH and me, planning to go in Feb. I want to give it to the Mr. As a combined anniversary/Christmas present (anniversary is end of Nov so it's close to Christmas) so I have to keep it a secret until THEN and I have NO IDEA how I'm going to manage that :D.

SO here I am, the one place I can talk about it freely!

I've never sailed with RCI (have been with Carnival and P&O) before but I've heard good things and I'm so excited!

I loved Explorer, so hope you will too. I did break my leg on the Flow Rider on Explorer, so just be careful if you go on it! The medical team were pretty great and I have some unique scars to remind me of this cruise!!

SaveSave

I loved Explorer, so hope you will too. I did break my leg on the Flow Rider on Explorer, so just be careful if you go on it! The medical team were pretty great and I have some unique scars to remind me of this cruise!!

SaveSave

:eek: You poor thing! I'll be safe because I have no intention on going on it ;p

We surprised our kids last week! Had to hold the secret for over a year! Drove up to canaveral and said let’s go on Oasis! They were shocked and had a blast

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We surprised our kids last week! Had to hold the secret for over a year! Drove up to canaveral and said let’s go on Oasis! They were shocked and had a blast

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh wow! Over a year! And here's me thinking keeping it secret for 6 months is bad enough! Glad you pulled it off though- would have been awesome for them!

How fun and exciting! We surprised our kids with a Disney trip several years ago. We didn't tell them until we arrived at the airport. It was so fun but they were little and it was easy to pack for them. I don't think I could do that fort he kids again now that they are teens.

I'm planning a surprise trip for my husband's 40th right now. I'm going to tell him about the trip though, since the timing is a bit complicated since we will be in the middle of a major move BUT I am not going to tell him that his best friends (we all live in different parts of the world and we haven't seen some of them in years) will be meeting us there. I can't wait!

OMG I could never keep quiet about a cruise from DH. Good luck with that. But come on here and tell us all about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Haha thanks! I'm going to try my absolute best to keep it a secret/surprise!

This place will be my outlet to talk about it/ plan stuff for sure :D

How fun and exciting! We surprised our kids with a Disney trip several years ago. We didn't tell them until we arrived at the airport. It was so fun but they were little and it was easy to pack for them. I don't think I could do that fort he kids again now that they are teens.

I'm planning a surprise trip for my husband's 40th right now. I'm going to tell him about the trip though, since the timing is a bit complicated since we will be in the middle of a major move BUT I am not going to tell him that his best friends (we all live in different parts of the world and we haven't seen some of them in years) will be meeting us there. I can't wait!

Oooh that would be so fun! I'd looove to get another couple to cruise with us as the Mr has always said he'd really enjoy that but anyone I've asked so far can't go then- the timing is off for them which is a shame- will keep trying though because I know how much the Mr would enjoy it (he's definitely a more the merrier kind of guy lol).

We have done a few Christmas cruises, and almost always spot a family at the harbour telling the kids they are going on the cruise! The kids are always so excited, and it is lovely to see.

My sister wants to take her kids on a cruise when her youngest is a bit older (she has a 6yr old and 19month old) - will definitely be telling her to surprise them for sure... my nephew (6yr old) would absolutely loose his mind with excitement...

My TA has come through and has given me a great price. I will be paying the deposit by the end of the week. I've also had a sneaky chat with my boyfriends boss who has confirmed that he can go on leave from work. It's all systems go!