"FREE" drink package

beller

My wife, daughter, and I are wanting to go on a Norwegian Getaway cruise in March. If the first and second person in the cabin get the free drink package does the third have to buy it? Daughter is 24 years old.

My wife, daughter, and I are wanting to go on a Norwegian Getaway cruise in March. If the first and second person in the cabin get the free drink package does the third have to buy it? Daughter is 24 years old.

No. The requirement for everyone to have it only applies when it is purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only pax 1 and 2 have to take the drink pkg together if one person takes it. 3rd person does not. However, I'm not sure the third person would get the promo rate of almost free (tip add on) as one of the perks since we only ever get it for the wife and I. Kids are not old enough. I don't know that I could recommend buying it full price unless you were the type to drink 10 fruity drinks OR 15 beer OR 10 glasses of wine in a day, everyday, including port visits. That is the only way to make it worth while. Best thing about the new, as of last year, change to the UDP is that you can get two drinks at a time now instead of one. For what that's worth.

Best thing about the new, as of last year, change to the UDP is that you can get two drinks at a time now instead of one. For what that's worth.

The back and forth between 1 or 2 drinks per transaction (it's currently 1) doesn't change the fact that drinks are not supposed to be given from those with the package to those without the package.

The back and forth between 1 or 2 drinks per transaction (it's currently 1) doesn't change the fact that drinks are not supposed to be given from those with the package to those without the package.

God forbid! Anyone who 'buys' a drink for someone not on a drinks package should be thrown overboard!!

I wouldn't bother with 3rd person package. I found you can get 4 drinks in one visit to the bar with UBP as long as you take two cards - no drama.

God forbid! Anyone who 'buys' a drink for someone not on a drinks package should be thrown overboard!!

I wouldn't bother with 3rd person package. I found you can get 4 drinks in one visit to the bar with UBP as long as you take two cards - no drama.

Nobody would be thrown overboard but...

They will revoke your drink package saw it happen twice on the Getaway when they were caught! Shut down their Free at Sea drinks faster than I can type this - was not pretty! Don't think they would kick you off but they would take the package away!

Two wheels, is that fleet wide? We’re sailing in two weeks on Bliss and I was looking forward to bringing two glasses of wine to my room and enjoying on the balcony....

Two wheels, is that fleet wide? We’re sailing in two weeks on Bliss and I was looking forward to bringing two glasses of wine to my room and enjoying on the balcony....

On paper, it is currently 1 per transaction. In reality, the bartenders usually have no problem giving 2. I've sailed when the terms were 1 and when they were 2 and there was no difference BUT some people have been told to either bring both cards or were told "1 at a time". Bartenders are human. They (probably) won't give you a hard time about 2 glasses of wine.

It's been both and it has changed several times in the past few years. The most recent change after the renaming of the UBP to UOB fleetwide (both names are still used, however) is that it is back to 1 per transaction....technically;)