November Celebrity Reflection Cruise Question: Wait or Book Now

Auburn1998

Need all of you Celebrity Experts help. Thinking of booking November 5 - 11 Night. Price now is about $5200 +\- for 2. The promotion running right now is only one perk and not really any incentive to jump other than possible price increase. Seems to be quite a few cabins available.

If we wait, should we see better promotions at end of summer as the cruise lines turn their attention back to the Caribbean?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would book now and if a better deal comes up before final payment is due, cancel and rebook or just ask them to change your booking to the new offer. If you wait until after final payment, anything can happen...no perks, higher price, lower price, etc....or no good cabins left.

Price seems a bit high to me, but as ghstudio says you can book and hope for a price drop. Another alternative is to book and then transfer to a TA for and additional perk, OBC or group pricing.

We are not big fans of the Caribbean so our view is a bit jaded. Currently on a 12 night British Isles Cruise in AQ with 4 perks for <$5k so >$5k for the Caribbean sounds high to us.

Book now. We booked this cruise a while ago and locked in a S1 for 5600 total with Go Best. We’ve only seen the price steadily rise since then. You can always rebook if price changes before final payment. I’m very excited for this itinerary as it’s definitely not your typical “Caribbean” itinerary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 2 bookings for that sailing....one that I booked while on a TA in Aprll 2017 with about $350 US OBC and about $1,200 CDN higher than another booking I made (for the same sailing) while on a TA in April 2018, with only $150 US OBC. Final payment is Aug 7....but my plan is to move the first booking made in April 2017 to another sailing. And transfer my second booking to a big box online travel agent for the additional incentives as I am still within the 60 days. I have been checking prices since April 2017 and they have not gone down....not sure how the agent on the ship was able to give me the same category, with no perks, but for $1,200 less. So there could be a lot of cabins that will become available after 'final payment' is my guess.

We booked Silhouette for March 2019 Veranda CAT 2A in July 2017, now the prices are higher more than $1,400 and few cabins available. Other side our Cruise to Hawaii in Sept/Oct 2019 booked in December 2017 the price dropped $1,100 and a lot of cabins avalaible. Also I booked past week the Summit to new England and Canada a GTY $1,100 less than the inside CAT 12.

I have seen good deals one month before final payment to 1 month before sailing they try to fill the ship with huge price drops. But exist the risk that you don't find the desired cabin.

Need all of you Celebrity Experts help. Thinking of booking November 5 - 11 Night. Price now is about $5200 +\- for 2. The promotion running right now is only one perk and not really any incentive to jump other than possible price increase. Seems to be quite a few cabins available.

If we wait, should we see better promotions at end of summer as the cruise lines turn their attention back to the Caribbean?

Thanks in advance.

What cabin category? For a veranda that seems very high, but for a sky suite it sounds good. All depends on which category you are looking at.

Thanks in advance.

We are also thinking about this cruise and I think we are going to wait. There are lots of cabins available and more may become available when final payment approaches. The process seem really high. Perhaps a July 4th sale or maybe process will drop later in the summer.

That seems like a lot for a six day cruise. Of course, X's prices seem to have seriously increased with the price bundling.

Generally, I find that if I booked as soon as the cruise was posted on the website, that I will get the lowest price. I have had only 3 cruises out of 19 that I have taken or have booked where prices dropped below what I booked. However, we don't do any more Caribbean cruises after our first.

That seems like a lot for a six day cruise. Of course, X's prices seem to have seriously increased with the price bundling.

Generally, I find that if I booked as soon as the cruise was posted on the website, that I will get the lowest price. I have had only 3 cruises out of 19 that I have taken or have booked where prices dropped below what I booked. However, we don't do any more Caribbean cruises after our first.

It's an 11-night cruise that leaves an November 5 not a 6 night cruise from Nov 5 -11. But it's still a lot for a cruise in November.

• 2 weeks later...

We just booked today while onboard an RCI ship for 10night celebrity reflection sailing 11/16/18 for the thanksgiving holiday. We booked Sky Suite Corner Aft Cabin and it is $7200 plus a $600 OBC and all perks because of the suite. Considering holiday, perks, etc. and not many Sky Suites left I thought that price was okay. We only had to do $100 deposit and can cancel or watch for lower fare BUT the July 4th fare sale did help.

I would book now and watch your fares.