Laundry Package

TheCalicoCat

Lucky you- how do you find out your perks as we think we are 3 star?

maria

Hi Sasha. If you log into your account at the HAL site it will show you what level you are at. We had a nice surprise moving from 2 to 3 star while we were on our recent New Zealand cruise. :)

I don't know of an email contact but you can call Ship Services at 1-206-626-8602 from outside of North America. The hours are Monday to Friday 7 am to 5 pm Pacific Time.

(If calling from inside North America, the toll free number is 1-800-541-1576.)

However, as Crew News mentions, you could simply order it once onboard. If you want really want to pre-pay, you could purchase OBC for yourself which could offset the cost of the laundry package (or other items). That could be done online and would save you the cost and hassle of the long distance call to Ship Services.

Thanks for that, only thought we should pre pay as someone said it was cheaper if you did?

Hi Sasha. If you log into your account at the HAL site it will show you what level you are at. We had a nice surprise moving from 2 to 3 star while we were on our recent New Zealand cruise. :)

Thank you, we are from New - Zealand and hope you enjoyed your visit here.

Thanks for that, only thought we should pre pay as someone said it was cheaper if you did?

It depends on where you're cruising. If you're cruising in Europe, the cost is higher, about $9/day. Recent reports have indicated that pre-paying at $7/day saves you the extra $2/day for European cruises. If you're cruising in North America, where it's $7/day, there would be no benefit to pre-paying (other than for budgeting purposes). I haven't read any reports about the cost of unlimited laundry in Aus/NZ/Asia so I don't know how much it is there.

I have signatures turned off so just looked at your profile to see that you are cruising to Europe. Then it is probably worth your while to call to pre-pay the cost of the laundry.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

Yes European costs more than Caribbean. But we paid $7/day when we prepaid, onboard they were charging $9/day.

So, if you prepay, how do you fill out your laundry ticket? And how does the ship know you have prepaid?

So, if you prepay, how do you fill out your laundry ticket? And how does the ship know you have prepaid?

I mark "unlimited" on the laundry form. I also bring along my proof (the email stating that I did prepay).

I didn't need that proof, but you just never know. Better safe than sorry.

Thankfully after our next cruise next week we will reach 4-star. Can't wait for that free laundry :):)

Lucky you- how do you find out your perks as we think we are 3 star?

maria

As Sasha said you can check your Mariner status on the HAL website. You can also see the benefits of each star level.

Rockfan2

• 3 weeks later...

Does the unlimited package mean you can send out a bag a day for duration of your cruise or does it mean that you can send out as much as you need per day? I realize that it is not available the last day but was wondering if I can send out everything the day before that so I come home with clean laundry and not have to do any of my own once I get home. Thank you!

A couple of laundry questions:

If we chose an unlimited laundry package, could we have laundry done on the last full cruise day? (I do not mean on the day we dock to leave, but the previous day.)

Does the laundry come back same day or next day?

Thanks, we are first time HAL cruisers this summer.

If we chose an unlimited laundry package, could we have laundry done on the last full cruise day? (I do not mean on the day we dock to leave, but the previous day.)

Thanks, we are first time HAL cruisers this summer.

Ours always came back the same day but I seem to remember a cut off date of 2 days before docking.I could be wrong as we cruise different lines

No, That's the day they need to get it back to you, so you can pack. :( The latest I would send it out is the evening two days before that. However, I expect you could send it the morning of the day before the last full day.

If you send it in the evening, it may be back the next evening. If you send it in the morning, it may be back the next morning. Give both about 26-28 hour turn-around.

But, the ship tells you to give them 48 hours to get your laundry back. They don't usually take that long, but they might if there's a lot sent on the same day.

I am still not sure if it is cheaper on Holland America on the Med to pay before you cruise or just pay when we get on board for unlimited laundry?

For European cruises they will charge you $9/day if you pay on board.

Call or email and ask. If they quote you $7/day for prepay, do it.

For us, it was cheaper to pay before the cruise. YMMV.

For European cruises they will charge you $9/day if you pay on board.

Call or email and ask. If they quote you $7/day for prepay, do it.

For us, it was cheaper to pay before the cruise. YMMV.

Thanks

I e mailed ship services and they quoted $7 but did not say if it would be $9 a day if done on board. They just said there were two options ; to pay on board or pre pay . I am in N-Z so a phone call in business hours is tricky. M

Thanks

I e mailed ship services and they quoted $7 but did not say if it would be $9 a day if done on board. They just said there were two options ; to pay on board or pre pay . I am in N-Z so a phone call in business hours is tricky. M

Understand :)

Can you order it by email?

Understand :)

Can you order it by email?

Should try , not sure as you would have to e mail credit card details. I think I will try and confirm costs on board are the same or not first . Thanks

My experience..

Researched on CC the options for unlimited laundry on our April/May 2016 19 night Eurodam BCN to BCN to VCE.

You have to call HAL to pre-purchase the unlimited laundry. There is no way to order it on-line due to the numerous variations in no of nights, location (Europe vs NA etc).

Cost was $7 USD per cabin per day if pre-purchased but if purchased on-board it would have been $9 USD per cabin per day due to the cruise being in Europe. I have no way of verifying that if you would have purchased on-board that the Spanish VAT would have been added also. Both segments included a non-Schengen country (Gibraltar and then Croatia).

When you call HAL get them to send a confirmation e-mail for the purchase to you as it does not show up on your booking. Do not get off the phone with them until you receive the confirmation e-mail. Take a copy of the e-mail with you.

They will try to sell you the "pressing" package at the same time and tell you the clothes are not returned ironed. This is false.

When you first use the service on-board check off the "regular service" for delivery the next day. Expedited service for delivery the same day costs extra. We used the service 8 times over the 19 night cruise and in every case the delivery was the next day, never the same day.

Also check off "Return on hangers" instead of "folded". Your shirts, pants, t-shirts, shorts etc will come pack pressed on hangers and your underwear/socks will come back folded in a basket.

Finally, check off "unlimited service" and sign. Keep the pink copy until you get your laundry back. It is best if you fold up the form and put it in the top of the laundry bag before cinching it closed. That way the bag and form will stay together.

Kept having to ask the stateroom attendant for bags/forms so stay on top of them for spare bags/forms.

Checked my account on the second day and they tried to charge me for unlimited laundry (at $9 USD per cabin per day). Took three trips to Guest Services to get it corrected, luckily I had a copy of the pre-payment e-mail on hand.

Next time I will take two copies of the pre-payment. One for my records on-board and the second to put in with the form/bag the first time I use the service on-board.

My pre-payment cost was $133 USD for 19 nights and due to pre-cruise time and post-cruise requirements our cleaning, if priced separately, would have been around $450 USD.

No "laundry by the bag" specials were offered during our cruise. Only the "by the bag" option (about $35 USD) was available on the form in the stateroom.

Hope this helps.

Edited by CHOPPERTESTER

Should try , not sure as you would have to e mail credit card details. I think I will try and confirm costs on board are the same or not first . Thanks

THe cost when purchased on board is $9/day. Many, many people here will confirm that. No one has ever gotten it for a lower price.

• 3 weeks later...

Had no problem calling and adding the prepaid laundry at $7/day for our 12 night Med cruise. They did try to get me to add pressing, which I declined. As advised, asked to have receipt emailed.

I have a question ... Has anyone tried to put delicates into a washable laundry bag for laundering on the ship? I have a few washable lace tops that do just fine washed in a machine if separate from item with buttons. If I brought my own bag, would they wash as is?

Had no problem calling and adding the prepaid laundry at $7/day for our 12 night Med cruise. They did try to get me to add pressing, which I declined. As advised, asked to have receipt emailed.

I have a question ... Has anyone tried to put delicates into a washable laundry bag for laundering on the ship? I have a few washable lace tops that do just fine washed in a machine if separate from item with buttons. If I brought my own bag, would they wash as is?

From my experience I would just do delicate stuff in your bathroom. They tag each item individually. So would take out of bag to do this. You would need to write instructions if you wanted this but then there is no guarantee that they would or could do . They do dry cleaning also. Personally I would not risk it. There is a dry leaning service also.

From my experience I would just do delicate stuff in your bathroom. They tag each item individually. So would take out of bag to do this. You would need to write instructions if you wanted this but then there is no guarantee that they would or could do . They do dry cleaning also. Personally I would not risk it. There is a dry leaning service also.

I called Ship Services just a few days ago re the unlimited laundry costs on our lengthy cruise to Australia and New Zealand in the fall.

I was certainly willing to pre-pay if there was a benefit, but the gal at Ship Services said the price WOULD BE THE SAME.....about $7/day on cruises to this area of the world WHETHER WE PURCHASED ON BOARD OR AHEAD..

I will certainly be a little annoyed if that turns out not to be true.