Can't register for Connections Party

polymedia

Glad I saw this posting - I tried to register today for and Aug. 28, 2016 sailing and got that message. I thought it might have been because I had just completed the booking this past Friday - good to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing this! Will keep trying.

Glad I saw this posting - I tried to register today for and Aug. 28, 2016 sailing and got that message. I thought it might have been because I had just completed the booking this past Friday - good to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing this! Will keep trying.

I can't believe they haven't taken care of this problem yet. That's ridiculous :mad: :rolleyes:

I was able to register for the Meet and Mingle for our upcoming cruise (Millie on June 17th). However, my parents, brother and the rest of our ten person party has not (at this point, everyone is fully paid and checked in online). It is bad form to allow an issue to linger on for weeks and weeks as this has. This is our first time sailing Celebrity and I have to admit that this is putting a bit of a damper on our opinion about Celebrity guest service. Obviously, the issue has been brought to the attention of those who need to know, and without any resolution. My mother has emailed the connections email address twice with no response. She has also posted multiple times on our Roll Call about this issue. I can only hope that this is not an indication of what we can expect in regards to guest service. I am certain that Celebrity reads these boards, as I have seen them post on here in the past.

Dear Celebrity,

Please partner with your technical services department and the cruise critic connections team to remedy this issue as quickly as possible. The fact that many people have been having difficulty registering indicates there is an issue that needs attention. I am concerned about an apparent lack of urgency related to guest satisfaction. Please advise.

A Concerned First-Time Celebrity Cruiser

Of course we can go to guest services or Captain's Club host once on board. The problem is that if 50 people try to sign up and only 20 succeed in signing up online, there will be no party for anyone to attend.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Unfortunately none have worked so far.

I can at least take comfort in that others are having the same problem and it's not just me.

Too bad. I go to all of these and have met some great friends as a result of M&M (although lately some of them aren't as well attended).

Add me to the list of dissatisfied customers. I've been trying for a couple of months (cruise departs 17 July), but have been getting same message. Emails to 'connections' go unanswered. What a shower!

All the more reason to think they are just trying to save money on the cheese and crackers. We have three cruises booked, I was able to sign up for the party for Sept 3 months ago but July 8 on Millie and March 11 also on Millie won't work and only show two sign ups....so no party. It is frustrating and there is no good reason for this to continue.

Add me to the list of dissatisfied customers. I've been trying for a couple of months (cruise departs 17 July), but have been getting same message. Emails to 'connections' go unanswered. What a shower!

Add me to the list as well.

My cruises are Dec 2016/ Feb 2017 but I would rather register now as sometimes life gets in the way and you forget??

Annie

I spoke with Celebrity yesterday and was told the problem is not them. They said there is something broken in the link and it's up to cruise critic to fix the problem. I'm not saying this is correct but it's what I've been told.

I tried to register my Infinity cruise for September....no such luck.

I don't care whose fault it is, I just wish someone would take the initiative th fix it.

I spoke with Celebrity yesterday and was told the problem is not them. They said there is something broken in the link and it's up to cruise critic to fix the problem. I'm not saying this is correct but it's what I've been told.

I tried to register my Infinity cruise for September....no such luck.

I don't care whose fault it is, I just wish someone would take the initiative th fix it.

Hi

I agree - I tried to register again for both cruises last night and no luck.

Could possibly Host Walt or Host Andy use what influence/connections they have??

Annie

One of the previous posts mentioned going to the Celebrity website and registering there. Anyone know how to find it? They don't seem to have a search box.

I, too, have sent an email but have not received a response. I've tried multiple times over the past few weeks to register, but always get that same error message mentioned in the original post.

I'm on the 6/24 NB Alaska and we are four people shy of having a party. If I could just register the five in my family, we'd be all set!

Edited to add: Today I have tried using Google Chrome, Explorer, and Safari on my iPhone. Same error message everywhere. It allows me to search for the party and tells me how many guests are registered already, but it does not allow me to register.

Edited by love2driveinct

I just spoke with someone at the Captain's Club. They have been told to manually register anyone who calls them. Although I wish the online system were working, I am happy that they are dealing with the problem in this way. I was also told that because of this system glitch -- or whatever you want to call it -- they will be holding a Connections party regardless of whether there are at least 25 people signed up.

Captain's Club number is 1-800-760-0654. Just give them your reservation number(s) and asked to be registered for the party. Only takes a moment.

Good luck everyone and happy mingling! :)

It seems some of you are getting conflicting information.

This is all of the information I have at the moment:

We are aware that some of our members may be having issues registering for the Connections party on board their Celebrity Cruise. Celebrity is aware of this issue, and they are working on correcting it. At this time we do not have an eta on the fix.

We do apologize that you are having this trouble, You could send Celebrity a note at: connections@celebrity.com to see if they can manually register you

If you have not registered by the time you sail, please check with guest relations on board to ensure that you are added to the party invitation list

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this causes. We do hope you have a wonderful cruise

Been trying for weeks now for our Millie July alaska cruse, not luck at all. Maybe Celebrity is secretly trying to save some $$$$ on the cheese and cracker platters?

While trying to get us to spend lots of $$$$$$$$$ on their extras,some of which used to be standard fair :(

It seems some of you are getting conflicting information.

This is all of the information I have at the moment:

We are aware that some of our members may be having issues registering for the Connections party on board their Celebrity Cruise. Celebrity is aware of this issue, and they are working on correcting it. At this time we do not have an eta on the fix.

We do apologize that you are having this trouble, You could send Celebrity a note at: connections@celebrity.com to see if they can manually register you

If you have not registered by the time you sail, please check with guest relations on board to ensure that you are added to the party invitation list

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this causes. We do hope you have a wonderful cruise

The only problem with some of this advice is that if less than 25 people have registered there will not bea party.

I called the Captain's Club today as suggested by love2driveinct and they were very happy to register me. They said they would email the ship and take care of my registration.

I will continue to register online but they were accommodating.

I have tried on desktops, laptops, iPads, in different locations and on other people's computers and always got an error message. In fact, the site said invalid sail date in red before any information was entered.

I am thankful that the suggestion to call was made. My emails were unanswered.

Susan

I called the Captain's Club today as suggested by love2driveinct and they were very happy to register me. They said they would email the ship and take care of my registration.

I have tried on desktops, laptops, iPads, in different locations and on other people's computers and always got an error message. In fact, the site said invalid sail date in red before any information was entered.

Susan

:

I'm not sailing till Oct 2nd..I've been trying to register and like all of you get the same message..I can and will call Celebrity captain's Club. Should l I call tomorrow or wait till closer to sail date? This will be my 3rd celebrity cruise and first connections party...so I'm a semi-newbie I guess.:D

Susan

So glad that you called and it worked out! I am happy to hear that. :)

One thing I appreciate so much about Celebrity is that they assign you a Vacation Planner, while many other cruise lines put you through to whoever answers each time you call. My VP did not hesitate to suggest calling the Captain's Club when I explained the issue I was having. This is my first Celebrity cruise, but so far I am happy with the service.