Internet Plans

MsSoCalCruiser

I'm platinum and my friend isn't. I read a while back that there were some new plans being tried out. Does anybody know what the latest plans are for platinum members and Ruby members? This will be for a five-day Cabo cruise. I'd like to have Internet access for various reasons. Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm platinum and my friend isn't. I read a while back that there were some new plans being tried out. Does anybody know what the latest plans are for platinum members and Ruby members? This will be for a five-day Cabo cruise. I'd like to have Internet access for various reasons. Thank you so much!

Because you're Platinum, you'll have 100 minutes.

Platinum members receive 150 mins for cruises 7 days or less. These can be shared with your friend if you provide the friend with your sign on. Only one device on line at a time. Some ships are trying out the newer fast internet service where you purchase plans by the day. Don't know if your ship has this service yet. You can contact Princess to see if your ship has the old or newer service.

Thank you! I hope that the Ruby has the $9.99 special per day.

Doubt it. That's *****-equipped ships only. Crown Princess is not *****-ready and when I was on my last cruise a week ago, we still had pay-per-minute.

Here is a link to a previous post that showed the various plans offered on the Grand in October. It includes both loyalty plans and the new social/Surf/premium plans. We had something similar on our trip on the Emerald in Oct. and Nov. Neither of those are ***** ready ships, so it was not limited by that. I do think this may have been a trial program, perhaps limited to just certain ships to see how it went over. No way to tell if it will be common in the future or when/if it will be available on the Ruby.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=54315469&postcount=1

Here is a link to a previous post that showed the various plans offered on the Grand in October. It includes both loyalty plans and the new social/Surf/premium plans. We had something similar on our trip on the Emerald in Oct. and Nov. Neither of those are ***** ready ships, so it was not limited by that. I do think this may have been a trial program, perhaps limited to just certain ships to see how it went over. No way to tell if it will be common in the future or when/if it will be available on the Ruby.

Grand was refurbished in December 2016. They could've installed high speed networking equipment required to use these plans back then. Ruby's refurbishment was in December 2015. Doubt they had the equipment installed back then. But hey, I may be wrong.

I purchased a minutes plan on the website the week before our cruise to Mexico on the Grand started Nov 2. When we got on the ship we had a letter stating the plan had changed and our payment was credited to our account. We had to purchase internet by the day at a very high price which I refused to do. Very disappointed in Princess. No longer a premium cruise line.

I purchased a minutes plan on the website the week before our cruise to Mexico on the Grand started Nov 2. When we got on the ship we had a letter stating the plan had changed and our payment was credited to our account. We had to purchase internet by the day at a very high price which I refused to do. Very disappointed in Princess. No longer a premium cruise line.

How expensive was it?

Thank you for the link to Pam's post. This is exactly what I wanted. And thank you, Pam too!