Royal April 2019 - No OM

Sea Hag

Just got an email from Princess apologizing for the fact that we aren't getting ***** on the cruise we booked for 4/19. I thought for sure that a cruise that far out would have it, but I guess they've had more problems with it than I could imagine. Minor bummer. Only minor bummer.

I got the same email about *****, but my cruise is the Royal Princess repositioning to the west coast Feb 2019.

WOW! ***** is not doing well, I have some doubts it will actually make it. But then I do not want it anyway. I really don't understand the hoopla, sorry.

I received the “No *****” email for our April cruise on the Royal today too. I called Princess to ask if it meant they were scrapping ***** altogether because they were canceling it for a cruise so far out. The rep said that they weren’t scrapping ***** but were just retracting the original schedule since they are still working through the technology on the Regal. But once the Regal is fully implemented, they will roll out a new schedule. He said there’s a chance the ***** will be implemented on the Royal by our April 2019 sailing.

I bet it rolls out before '19. I say that since I doubt Princess wants even more egg on their faces if another deadline is missed. So what advantage is there to try to predict when the rollout will come? I suspect that instead, Princess will announce things once timelines are essentially certain.

Stay tuned.

I received the “No *****” email for our April cruise on the Royal today too. I called Princess to ask if it meant they were scrapping ***** altogether because they were canceling it for a cruise so far out. The rep said that they weren’t scrapping ***** but were just retracting the original schedule since they are still working through the technology on the Regal. But once the Regal is fully implemented, they will roll out a new schedule. He said there’s a chance the ***** will be implemented on the Royal by our April 2019 sailing.

Interesting! I guess we'll find out some time down the road.

We also got the email for the repo cruise in 2019. I’m pretty sure they are sending letters so they don’t have to keep giving OBC. This is costing a pretty penny.

We were on the cruise before the ***** was to go live. We knew then there was going to be problems rolling it out in time. Evidently the problems are way bigger than we had thought.

While it would have been fun trying out new technology, we have cruised for 20 years without it. All is fine.

Cheers, Denise

Had you already made final payment?

Yes. I called the day after. I had heard that they might say, well take another cruise! I did not get the email, but they were sending it just after final payment to many people.

Yes. I called the day after. I had heard that they might say, well take another cruise! I did not get the email, but they were sending it just after final payment to many people.

That’s great they gave it to you instead of telling you to take another cruise. Hope you enjoy your cruise! I’m sure it will be wonderful even without the *****.

That’s great they gave it to you instead of telling you to take another cruise. Hope you enjoy your cruise! I’m sure it will be wonderful even without the *****.

I knew they would not say that after final payment!:cool:

We can live quite happily without the latest technology!

No. Not for the 2019 cruises as they "are not authorized to give compensation" of any kind "at this time".

We’re on the Regal leaving 4/15/19 for a Baltic TA.....any idea how ***** is coming along on that ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums