Guarantee ferry!!

a.madruga

You mean fairy ?

Without knowing all the details, most of which are proprietary, hard to tell you what the chances are. But it is commonly discussed here there are very few SCs, so an upgrade is pretty likely.

Thanks on the spelling correction

Made final payment now waiting on Neptune SC guarantee to show up. What are chances of SB or SA.

While there are few SCs on most HAL ships (so upgrading is common), the way HAL seems to be "working" the upsell process could reduce your chances. They offer people paid upsells to SA and SB cabins before assigning the guarantees (in my experience). Not saying that this is "fair", but it seems to be how they do it.

If you are booked in an SC guarantee, you won't get offered any upsell offers to SA or SB since they are basically the same category. Your cabin will not be assigned until upsells (if any) are offered to lower category cabins.

Exactly. Which is why the people in a Signature (or Vista) cabin sort of get an advantage over the SC guarantees, as they will be offered an upsell (on a first come first served basis).

Exactly. Which is why the people in a Signature (or Vista) cabin sort of get an advantage over the SC guarantees, as they will be offered an upsell (on a first come first served basis).

Is it to be expected that any who book a Signature or Vista guarante will be offered an upsell? Rather routine and is the case for most?

What if you booked an SC.....not a guarantee....are you going to get offered upsells to SA and SB?

That is my question.

It is my understanding that you will not be offered a paid "upsell", but rather will get a free upgrade, depending on how many SC guarantees were sold and how many SA and SB remain unsold. Booking a SC guarantee gives you a good chance at a free upgrade most times, but it is the luck of the draw so to speak.

On a recent cruise, we booked a Signature Suite and were offered an upsell to a SA cabin in a great location (I got to pick my cabin). My friend booked a SC guarantee and was assigned a SB cabin one deck below the Neptune. Thus, I got a better cabin (IMO) for less money totally. However, it must be remembered that I could have ended up in my Signature suite while my friend knew he would have a Neptune. You make a choice and take your chances as they say.

It is my understanding that you will not be offered a paid "upsell", but rather will get a free upgrade, depending on how many SC guarantees were sold and how many SA and SB remain unsold. Booking a SC guarantee gives you a good chance at a free upgrade most times, but it is the luck of the draw so to speak.

On a recent cruise, we booked a Signature Suite and were offered an upsell to a SA cabin in a great location (I got to pick my cabin). My friend booked a SC guarantee and was assigned a SB cabin one deck below the Neptune. Thus, I got a better cabin (IMO) for less money totally. However, it must be remembered that I could have ended up in my Signature suite while my friend knew he would have a Neptune. You make a choice and take your chances as they say.

We booked an SC gty because I wanted a Neptune, any Neptune :) but we weren't fussy about location, and didn't want to be hoping for an upsell from a Sig or Verandah. (Like your friend, this time we knew we'd be in a Neptune.) We got assigned an SA. I agree with you, we each need to choose what works best for us, depending on our circumstances :)

We booked an SC gty because I wanted a Neptune, any Neptune :) but we weren't fussy about location, and didn't want to be hoping for an upsell from a Sig or Verandah. (Like your friend, this time we knew we'd be in a Neptune.) We got assigned an SA. I agree with you, we each need to choose what works best for us, depending on our circumstances :)

Agree! We are very happy with a Signature Suite, especially so if you can select the cabin location we like, so thats what we book. If an upsell comes our way and we like the price and the cabin location, we take it. If not, we are still happy with our choice.

takemewithyou, in answer to your specific question, I repeat my answer that you will not get an upsell offer if you have a confirmed SC booked (not a guarantee) because it is the same category as SA and SB (neptune suite). The only upsell offer you could be given is to a pinnacle suite because it is a higher category.

takemewithyou, in answer to your specific question, I repeat my answer that you will not get an upsell offer if you have a confirmed SC booked (not a guarantee) because it is the same category as SA and SB (neptune suite). The only upsell offer you could be given is to a pinnacle suite because it is a higher category.

Thanks. We are happy with what we booked. The only advantage would have been to move closer to the NL.