** Best beach to go to**

Dalton51

Eliminate all that nonsense cough up the $35 per person and do the St. Kitts Marriott day pass. So. Friars/ Frigate Bay been to all of them Carambola :rolleyes:. No way to compare any of them to the sand, beaches, vibe and layout of the Marriott, pool is awesome, the swim up bar cant be beat, I forgot to mention an actual REAL beach tons of room and endless beach. Marriott on St. Kitts there really is no comparison on the island, none. Hope that helps Todd

Think $35.00 per person may be the deal breaker for Towles.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
typo

You must email or call the Marriott, if the are full they will not take day guests.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've been to this resort when it was very busy, have no idea whether or not if it was at capacity. In 4 separate visits I've never once been told they aren't taking "day guests". I've heard that on this board in the past, but it has never been an issue with our group or myself personally. Staff is VERY friendly, actually I thought the staff at this resort is consistently friendly and very professional(beautiful people). Go have a wonderful day, headed back there this Dec. I can't wait. Good luck Todd

Put some cash aside for your bar tab, it's worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Todd,

We are on the Vista right now. We arrived in St. Kitts without a plan. We are beach people. We read your post and we were sold on the Marriott. My husband and I had a blast there today. We thank you very much for your recommendation. Tomorrow we are in St. Martin, again we have no plans. My husband wants to know if you have any recommendations for beach sun and fun in St. Martin!! Please let us know. Thanks again for your help Todd.

Lisa

Eliminate all that nonsense cough up the $35 per person and do the St. Kitts Marriott day pass. So. Friars/ Frigate Bay been to all of them Carambola :rolleyes:. No way to compare any of them to the sand, beaches, vibe and layout of the Marriott, pool is awesome, the swim up bar cant be beat, I forgot to mention an actual REAL beach tons of room and endless beach. Marriott on St. Kitts there really is no comparison on the island, none. Hope that helps Todd

Todd,

We are on the Vista right now. We arrived in St. Kitts without a plan. We are beach people. We read your post and we were sold on the Marriott. My husband and I had a blast there today. We thank you very much for your recommendation. Tomorrow we are in St. Martin, again we have no plans. My husband wants to know if you have any recommendations for beach sun and fun in St. Martin!! Please let us know. Thanks again for your help Todd.

Lisa

Hey Lisa!!

Take a taxi over to the French side and spend your day on Orient beach, only way to go, or do Maho if it were me I would spend my day on Orient great vibe, beach is second to none, nice bars, atmosphere is excellent, cab fare isnt bad either. Have a great time. Todd

Just for the record there are always plenty of taxi's coming and going from Orient, never a problem. If you can try and get with others and your cost will be a bit less.

Say you liked the St. Kitts Marriott!! Nice isn't it, that layout is SWEET.

When I'm on the beach walking all by myself at the Marriott, the east and the west ARE MINE, the north and the south ARE MINE, the world belongs to ME!!! Sounds like you got it!! Have a great day today on Orient Beach cant wait to hear about it later. Todd

No problem with the Marriott day pass just walk right up to the front desk on the left, act like you own the place like I always do, BIG SMILE, BIG credit card and your in!! Works for me every time!! Go have a blast like everybody else does!!:D:p Later Todd

Todd,

I just got your response. We sure did love the Marriott! We ended up getting into a cab in St. Maarten and going to Simson Bay where we hung out at Karakter Beach bar the whole day. We had an awesome day. Chairs were free and the only money we paid was for what we ate and drank. A bucket of beer was $17.50 for 6 beers. Food was awesome and water was beautiful. Traffic was a bit tough with all of the clean up from the hurricanes still going on. Thanks so much for your advice!

Lisa

Just for the record there are always plenty of taxi's coming and going from Orient, never a problem. If you can try and get with others and your cost will be a bit less.

Say you liked the St. Kitts Marriott!! Nice isn't it, that layout is SWEET.

When I'm on the beach walking all by myself at the Marriott, the east and the west ARE MINE, the north and the south ARE MINE, the world belongs to ME!!! Sounds like you got it!! Have a great day today on Orient Beach cant wait to hear about it later. Todd

Lisa that's wonderful!!!

Yes, that beach you went to is GREAT, I just forgot how to spell it, I knew it started with a K, you made a great choice, probably better there than Orient. $17.50 for a bucket of 6, cant beat it. St. Maarten is always one of my favorite islands.

I think about this all the time simply because I'm down there so often, but could you ever imagine being on or simply being a resident of one the islands when one of those monster hurricanes came through? I'm not sure I have what it takes to ride one out, especially if you know it's going to hit, hit at night, and if I had a way out of there I would take it. It's rather unsettling, and something I kinda don't like thinking about. Most of those folks are very nice and terribly humble people, like I said thinking about it doesn't do a a whole lot for me. Glad you had a great time. Take care Todd

• 2 weeks later...
Todd,

Lisa

Lisa

Did you call ahead for day pass reservations ?

We are on the Jewel right now and may head there tomorrow [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lisa

Did you call ahead for day pass reservations ?

We are on the Jewel right now and may head there tomorrow [emoji4]

Ps I just called and they said no day passes available tomorrow [emoji22]

I've been to this resort when it was very busy, have no idea whether or not if it was at capacity. In 4 separate visits I've never once been told they aren't taking "day guests". I've heard that on this board in the past, but it has never been an issue with our group or myself personally. Staff is VERY friendly, actually I thought the staff at this resort is consistently friendly and very professional(beautiful people). Go have a wonderful day, headed back there this Dec. I can't wait. Good luck Todd

Todd - how do you get to Marriott? taxi? Cost?

Thanks

Get off the ship go right towards Port Zante entrance, you may be asigned a taxi or you can walk out and get your own, never a problem just try and get others to go to lower your taxi fare.

Cost I think was $5 a pop plus $2 tip, it's really not very far, just a few minute drive.

Only way to go on St. Kitts. Have fun. Todd

I sent an email regarding our Christmas Freedom cruise. Was told since hotel was full, there would be no availability for day passes. Would you suggest going inperson anyway?

• 3 weeks later...
Cockleshell Beach is awesome and there's a beach bar! You can book an excursion or take a taxi there.

I wrote all about my day trip there:

https://justinpluslauren.com/cockleshell-beach-in-st-kitts/

Thanks for your review. That beach looks perfect! We will be there on the Summit in November.

• 3 months later...
Cockleshell Beach is awesome and there's a beach bar! You can book an excursion or take a taxi there.

I wrote all about my day trip there:

https://justinpluslauren.com/cockleshell-beach-in-st-kitts/

Looks beautiful. We visit in December and are looking to visit a beach or beach club. The Marriott is reporting a significant seaweed issue and we only want to visit a nice white sandy beach. We've looked at Park Hyatt, which is significantly more expensive, any reviews? any recomendations other than Cockleshell?

• 2 weeks later...
Lisa that's wonderful!!!

Yes, that beach you went to is GREAT, I just forgot how to spell it, I knew it started with a K, you made a great choice, probably better there than Orient. $17.50 for a bucket of 6, cant beat it. St. Maarten is always one of my favorite islands.

I think about this all the time simply because I'm down there so often, but could you ever imagine being on or simply being a resident of one the islands when one of those monster hurricanes came through? I'm not sure I have what it takes to ride one out, especially if you know it's going to hit, hit at night, and if I had a way out of there I would take it. It's rather unsettling, and something I kinda don't like thinking about. Most of those folks are very nice and terribly humble people, like I said thinking about it doesn't do a a whole lot for me. Glad you had a great time. Take care Todd

Hi. I live in Puerto Rico and let me tell you something: I rode out hurricane Maria in a house made of masonry from top to bottom and it was one of ,if not THE worst experience of my life. It's no fun when the wind is so strong that it made even masonry walls vibrate!! Wind driven water was coming in through the most tightly closed window pane. Puerto Rico got devastated just as other islands did. Even so my heart goes out to those still struggling to get back up, not only here but also to or neighbor islands. As bad as it was here, I know for a fact others had it even worse. It just doesn't make the US news like Puerto Rico.

I sent an email regarding our Christmas Freedom cruise. Was told since hotel was full, there would be no availability for day passes. Would you suggest going inperson anyway?

Sorry about the late reply I just found this post, if you want to go to the Marriott on your Christmas cruise, the hotel will definitely be sold out, that doesnt mean they wont sell you a day pass. If you want to go I would just show up and hand them my credit card, works every time, contrary to what you may be reading on this board. I'll be there in December as well, no problems. Go and have fun Todd

Sorry about the late reply I just found this post, if you want to go to the Marriott on your Christmas cruise, the hotel will definitely be sold out, that doesnt mean they wont sell you a day pass. If you want to go I would just show up and hand them my credit card, works every time, contrary to what you may be reading on this board. I'll be there in December as well, no problems. Go and have fun Todd

Are they still having seaweed problems at the Marriott? We plan to go there in 2 weeks.

Are they still having seaweed problems at the Marriott? We plan to go there in 2 weeks.

I don't have the foggiest idea, and could care less.

The beach is awesome, they're maybe seaweed it's the ocean, as far as "a problem with seaweed" I've never heard of such nonsense. If anyone has "a problem with seaweed" I would recommend them staying on the ship and staying in they're cabin. Really, if you have "a problem with seaweed" I would stay on the ship and never leave my cabin. Take care Todd