Hotel near the port of Miami

Kruising Kevin

Welcome to the boards! :)

Several threads on this very subject - just do a little reading down the board or use the search function (upper right side on your computer screen).

Lots of hotels in downtown Miami are close to POM, and offer nearby local dining and nightlife. Often suggested hotels include Hampton Inn Mary Brickell, Hyatt, Intercontinental, Holiday Inn, various Marriott properties and the Doubletree. All of these are a quick, under $20 UberX ride from MIA airport; another under $10 UberX will get you to your ship in the morning.

Unless you are flying into MIA late and just want a room I would avoid airport area hotels.

If you choose to fly into FLL instead of MIA I would stay near FLL and Uber or shuttle to POM the morning of your cruise. http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel and tourist info.

Budget? Travelling as a couple or with kids? Honeymoon? A few more details will help the suggestions to be closer to your target. :confused:

Have a great cruise! :D

Welcome to the boards!!

There are a lot of hotels in the port area in the Brickell/Downtown area to fit all kinds of budgets.

If you search, you will find many threads on the subject. These are just a few off the top of my head..

In the Brickell area is Four Seasons, Hampton Inn & Suites, JW Marriott, East Hotel, The Conrad, the brand new Hyatt Centric opening any day, SLS, SLS Lux about to open, Mandarian Oriental, Aloft, Homewood Suites, Atton Brickell, Fortune House Hotel & Suites, W Hotel, Hotel Urbano.

Right over the bridge into downtown you have a Courtyard, Marriott Marquis, Intercontinental, Kimpton Epic, Hyatt Regency, Holiday Inn, The Langford, Miami Marriott Biscayne, Doubletree....

There are so many hotels to choose from.

Prices for taxis and uber from airport and to hotel are reasonable.

These are some hotels to consider:

We spend about one week in Miami each year before a cruise.

Not knowing your price point that you want to spend on a room I will give you several selections; some of which have been mentioned.

They are all within about one mile of each other.

Close to the Port:

Intercontinental

Marriott Maquis (about four years old)

Epic Hotel (priciest of the ones I am mentioning)

Holiday Inn (some like it but I would recommend the other two)

Hyatt (I like the location better of the first three even though it is close by)

These hotels are about five minutes from the port. Near restaurants and CVS Pharmacy which is good to pick up last minute items and near a Whole Foods.

Just a couple of minutes further from the port

Mandarin Oriental (priciest of the ones mentioned). Private man made beach.

About 10 minutes from the port or maybe 15 depending on traffic but relatively close so no worries.

JW Marriott

Conrad Hilton

East Miami (relative new hotel so doesn't get mentioned much and is near the new Brickell Centre. More on Brickell in a moment.)

And then just another few minutes away

Four Seasons (like Mandarin a bit pricier then most I've listed) but in a very quiet location.

Hampton Inn (a lot of value here. It is not a full service hotel but it is a nice Hampton and includes breakfast)

The last group of hotels I have mentioned starting with Mandarin Oriental and ending with Hampton Inn are near lots of restaurants.

There is Mary Brickell Village and right near there are lots of restaurants (for Italian I like Perricone's) and also near two CVS Pharmacies (JW Marriott right next to a 24 hour one) and near Publix (there are two in the area) where you can pick up lots of last minute items.

Then there is the new Brickell Centre which opened last in 2016. Lots of stores and restaurants.

I have stayed at some of these hotels and have been inside each and everyone.

Again, they represent a wide range of price points.

Keith

It would be helpful to know what your budget is or what star hotel you are looking for. South Beach is going to be expensive because many hotels are on the ocean. There are also a lot of hotels in Downtown Miami. Both of these areas will be around $10 Uber/Lyft ride to the pier. I would suggest checking your favorite travel website and read some reviews. Most websites can filter by number of stars, ratings, etc

We have recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Brickell and the YVE right at Bayside. The YVE was closer to Bayside Marketplace and the ship, but I would recommend the Hampton Inn Brickell over it! The Hampton Inn had a free breakfast, a pool and because we are Hilton Honors Members (sign up free before you book!) we got free wi-fi, snacks and a drink voucher for each guest for the bar in the lobby by the pool. They kept our bags as our flight to Miami got in early and we were able to walk to the Mary Brickell Village and in the area for lunch. When our room was available we made it back, took a rest and then took the Metromover (free and very easy to navigate) down to be Bayside area for the evening. The pool was open for a late night swim and we were able to sit out on the pool deck and have our free drinks. The next morning we had the free breakfast (a standard hotel continental breakfast but enough until you get to the ship) and then we checked out. One thing that was only a slight inconvenience was that you check out on the 6th floor and you exit on floor one. We just took all the bags down and left them with with two of us and one person went back up to check out. We took an Uber XL to the port and it was about $18 dollars. There was a starbucks, CVS, publix, 7-11 and other things within walking distance of the hotel. Overall we were extremely happy with the hotel. The YVE was nice as well, it doesn't have a pool, and had a paid breakfast buffet. We got a cheap deal through a big box store. When we arrived only one elevator was working, and the second was not fixed during our stay. I unfortunately had a walking cast so I couldn't take the stairs to our room and we often waited 15-20 minutes for an elevator. Needless to say we really limited our trips up and down! On the morning of our cruise we waited forever to get an elevator and I actually rode with both suitcases while my mom walked down multiple flights and started checking out. The room was clean, as quiet as you would expect for a downtown room in a major city, but very small. Putting any more than two people in a room would have been a challenge. There was also no amenities such as free drinks, breakfast or pool. We did have wi-fi.

We booked the Hampton Inn Brickell for this summer even though it was more expensive than the YVE, and Holiday Inn ad Bayside because we had such a great stay last time.

I also thank you MUSIK07 for the helpful information on the Hampton Inn. We will be staying on a Sunday night, pre-cruise, in Oct. After a long flight, we want to eat dinner someplace casual. Are there casual restaurants near the Hampton Inn Bricknell?

I also thank you MUSIK07 for the helpful information on the Hampton Inn. We will be staying on a Sunday night, pre-cruise, in Oct. After a long flight, we want to eat dinner someplace casual. Are there casual restaurants near the Hampton Inn Bricknell?

Yes. There is everything. If you want to walk in with shorts and spend $10 on a meal or $300 on a meal and anything in between. You are in the heart of Miami, all within walking distance.

Yes, as Flymia posted, there are a lots of casual restaurants near the Hampton Inn Brickell. Batch Gastropub is right below the hotel.

What kinds of food are you looking for? You'll have tacos, pubs, cuban, Italian, etc. all within a few minutes walking distance. There is also a great Italian food hall right at Brickell Citi Centre called Casa Tua which is great!

I live a very short distance away from the hotel so I'm out and about in the area constantly.

Thank you for the heads up about Hampton Inn Brickell. I'll be booking it during the next CC cycle.

Any suggestions on the best shuttle service from FLL to this hotel? Or, just take a cab?

Thank you

Welcome to the boards!!

There are a lot of hotels in the port area in the Brickell/Downtown area to fit all kinds of budgets.

If you search, you will find many threads on the subject. These are just a few off the top of my head..

In the Brickell area is Four Seasons, Hampton Inn & Suites, JW Marriott, East Hotel, The Conrad, the brand new Hyatt Centric opening any day, SLS, SLS Lux about to open, Mandarian Oriental, Aloft, Homewood Suites, Atton Brickell, Fortune House Hotel & Suites, W Hotel, Hotel Urbano.

Right over the bridge into downtown you have a Courtyard, Marriott Marquis, Intercontinental, Kimpton Epic, Hyatt Regency, Holiday Inn, The Langford, Miami Marriott Biscayne, Doubletree....

Thank you for the heads up about Hampton Inn Brickell. I'll be booking it during the next CC cycle.

Any suggestions on the best shuttle service from FLL to this hotel? Or' date=' just take a cab?[/quote']

We used Uber....better ride & cheaper than a taxi

Welcome to the boards!!

This is excellent information! Thanks so much!

We walked to a Subway for lunch near Publix and then we took the metro mover down to Bayside for dinnertime. We did notice a taco restaurant across the street from the hotel and a restaurant just below the hotel. There was also construction across the street. Around the corner there were restaurants as well. You should find something within walking distance!

Any suggestions on the best shuttle service from FLL to this hotel? Or' date=' just take a cab?[/quote']

We have used SAS shuttle both times. They actually waited for us over an hour and a half (we were their last run of the day) when our flight was delayed two summers ago. I was in a walking cast and it was a MISERABLE day. We had anticipated a long uber trip down to Miami while we were on the plane, and then we had a text waiting when we landed that our SAS shuttle driver was waiting! We used them again last summer and they were great again.

We walked to a Subway for lunch near Publix and then we took the metro mover down to Bayside for dinnertime. We did notice a taco restaurant across the street from the hotel and a restaurant just below the hotel. There was also construction across the street. Around the corner there were restaurants as well. You should find something within walking distance!

Batchgastropub is below. There is also 3 chefs chinese but I do not recommend it.

Coyo Taco is the taco restaurant across the street. Very good.

Another new place is going in between 3 chefs and Batch, I just forget what the saw the other night while walking.