Pregnancy Form Question

Hopep84

Hi all. I will be 18 weeks pregnant on our cruise in two weeks. I swear I thought I remembered there being a pregnancy form in our cruise documents (with the health form) when we have cruised before but admittedly I could be wrong. I cannot find a pregnancy form anywhere! I dont want to not fill one out then risk being turned away at boarding. Has anybody cruised pregnant recently?

Siestakey, I did check the boxes that I was pregnant and not past my 24th week but neither my husband or I could find a form to be printed. Do you remember where you saw it? Sorry to be so dense!

There is a specific pregnancy form that must be filled out by your MD. Daughter had to submit it with boarding pass. We had our PVP send it to us to print.

This form is necessary if you are pregnant

Edited by Muumuu
adding line

Here it is at another site. I just talked with Carnival today as well and they said that I must have the form and must keep it on me at all times and have to bring a signed original to the port or they will deny boarding and cancel my cruise with no refunds.

http://www.lovelikeyoumeanitcruise.com/sites/default/files/pregnancy_certification_form.pdf

Techhoney, I think I'll bring it just in case but they have made this whole process so odd that I do bet they are phasing it out. If not, it should be clearly stated somewhere on all that paperwork. (Right?!!! So crazy!!!) Are you just bringing it or faxing it ahead of time too? Thanks for the link!!

Yes joepeka - thank you!!! That's what I remember! The ones I printed today are just two of the health screenings side by side - NO pregnancy questionnaire at all now. I think I will just print it from the above link and bring it just in case. I hope this whole change up doesnt cause any problems with boarding!

Yes joepeka - thank you!!! That's what I remember! The ones I printed today are just two of the health screenings side by side - NO pregnancy questionnaire at all now. I think I will just print it from the above link and bring it just in case. I hope this whole change up doesnt cause any problems with boarding!

You're welcome. I will add that, last week upon checking in at Port Everglades, no one asked for, collected or looked at the questionnaires we had filled out and had in-hand. :confused:

Techhoney, I think I'll bring it just in case but they have made this whole process so odd that I do bet they are phasing it out. If not, it should be clearly stated somewhere on all that paperwork. (Right?!!! So crazy!!!) Are you just bringing it or faxing it ahead of time too? Thanks for the link!!

--

I'm faxing it ahead of time and making copies to carry with me, one for my carry-on, and the original for the ship. I had to call Carnival today because I booked a Sea Lion excursion in Nassau last June for this April (we cruise the 22-26) and of course now that I'm pregnant I can't do it so I wanted to cancel them and book excursions I could do. She said she would update my reservation (which I had already done) and she said she would email me the form to fill out but I told her I already printed it out and was taking it to my midwife next week at my next appointment, she reminded me that it was really important to send it at least 14 days before and bring it with me or they will cancel my cruise and turn us away at the port.

I literally printed the form from that link I posted just yesterday so they seem to have pulled it today and that's crazy that they would do that and not forward that page to their new policy. I'm guessing that only some of the staff will be aware of the change so I would go ahead and print it, fax it, bring it with, just in case. I'd hate to get to my cruise and have someone not informed and cancel our cruise with no refunds because they don't know their own policy.

Here is what was included in our documents for our trip on Conquest last week:

img20180322_12385949_zpsztdvsnyb.jpg

img20180322_12392523_zpscvineher.jpg

I can't copy/paste my documents here (challenged, I know!!!) but on my travel docs, the whole Important Pregnancy Questionnaire section is missing. Just the first section, rest of page blank, then the health questionnaire... so it seems something is afoot!

--

Reading the fine print on that side by side, it states: "Pregnant guests who meet the foregoing requirement must submit, prior to departure, Carnival's Attending Physician Certification. This form must be filled out by the guest's attending physician, certifying that the gestational status is in accordance with this policy and that the pregnant guest is medically fit to sail. If this certification is not received prior to arrival at the pier, the pregnant guest must obtain it from her attending physician. If a pregnant guest is unable to obtain the certification before sailing time, she will be denied boarding."

It looks like they don't even know what they want anymore.

I'd say be safe and have your Dr fill it out and send it in and bring it with because chance are that if you don't, you'll encounter boarding crews who haven't received the memo!

It's scary that we have all received such different information about the same thing. I got the link to the Dr form a few days ago when I went to do all the preboarding paperwork, I just didn't have a chance to print it until yesterday but I did type the address in yesterday into my work computer and it came up fine but today it's a defunct link. They need to get their story straight!

Yes technohoney, I agree 100%! I said the same thing to my husband about the port employees possibly not knowing about the rule change. Our cruise is 2 weeks from today and I think my office is closed on Fridays, so I'll just fax it on Monday and include a note about conflicting info from Carnival. Thank you for all your help!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got off the phone with CCL. Their policy has changed and the physicians form is no longer required.. The rep I talked to, looked it up and read me the policy. All that being said, I would still like to take the form because we leave in 3 weeks, but I cant find it...

I just got off the phone with CCL. Their policy has changed and the physicians form is no longer required.. The rep I talked to, looked it up and read me the policy. All that being said, I would still like to take the form because we leave in 3 weeks, but I cant find it...

Just out of curiosity, if the form is no longer required and it's not their policy anymore, why would you want to take it?

Because she’s smart. The three reps I’ve talked to at Carnival at this point have all said it is required. Fax at least 15 days before, make a copy for your suitcase, make a copy for your lanyard to keep with you at all times, and the original for embarkation.

While it may be their new rules, it’s very obvious that the memo hasn’t made it all the way through and you can be denied boarding if you happen to be at a ship where they haven’t gotten the memo yet.

I link to the form earlier in this post.

Edited by TechHoney
Spelling mistake.

Okay I called again AND this woman had no idea about the pregnancy form being eliminated and insisted they emailed it to me - which they didn't. So then she emailed me "the form" and all it was a page from their policy manual stating you can't sail past 24 weeks. No doctor's form. I mean it's fairly comical, yes? Definitely bringing it with me but I never faxed it. My husband wants me to just uncheck the pregnancy section and avoid the whole issue :');) But I hate lying so I won't do that. I am extremely frustrated though! If the policy changed (which I think it did) inform ALL your employees!