Harmony Of The Seas - Maiden Voyage - Live Blog

Any chance you can try to obtain the email address for the concierge? I will be staying in a suite this January and would like to reach out to set up some things.

Last I checked the contact list in the forums it had their name but not their email.

Thanks in advance.

Any chance you can try to obtain the email address for the concierge? I will be staying in a suite this January and would like to reach out to set up some things.

Last I checked the contact list in the forums it had their name but not their email.

Thanks in advance.

Email addresses in this document:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hKBiGZ9Gqcp2G2owtX3RyQy7yQ0ijgxCL0nPjQKK8j4/edit?pli=1#gid=0

I checked that already. It has the name Raj Bhugwath started 4-18-2016, but no email/contact info listed.

You are misreading the Google Doc. Look two columns to the right of his name. The link for the email is in that column.

Wow! :D CruisenovicesUK...where did you learn to make a perfect ice cream cone? Very impressive! :D (mine never look like that)

Thanks for posting about your cruise.

Thanks, many many years ago while at college I worked in McDonalds where we sold a lot of ice cream cones. I guess it's must have stuck with me!

Here you go, we got our welcome aboard email yesterday HM_Concierge01@rccl.com and HM_Concierge02@rccl.com hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Was that service only available to GS and above? I know we didn't get anything in a lowly JS. 😕

We had " Royal suite class " sea class on our sea pass cards. I tried booking CK before we left.Not allowed . However after returning home and checking out the sea class info it says we can use CK. Annoyed about that.

Just seen Harmony on the BBC national news. Seems there is still considerable confusion what pax understand by maiden/(pre) inaugural cruise (IMVHO, state of readiness is another issue).

Just wondering, have you seen any 'inaugural ' merchandise either complimentary or for purchase?

Just seen Harmony on the BBC national news. Seems there is still considerable confusion what pax understand by maiden/(pre) inaugural cruise (IMVHO, state of readiness is another issue).

Just wondering, have you seen any 'inaugural ' merchandise either complimentary or for purchase?

I've not seen the news story, however, there is inaugural season merchandise for sale.

I think the confusion is around what this was sold as. We booked direct through RCI and I'm sure it was being advertised as its maiden voyage in the email which is why we booked, although deleted the email.

The booking confirmation also just refers to it as a 3 / 4 night short cruise and no mention of preview / pre inaugural / shakedown etc.

In reality it's not that bad, the first few days were much worse than now, as it is improving day by day. There are still a lot of workmen onboard, but things are opening slowly. For example one of the water slides is now open with work being completed on the other 2.

There are still issues with lack of availability of some things, especially wines but there is usually an alternative available.

Edited by CruisenovicesUK

Hi I think the concierge service is for sky class suites eg GS and above - apparently JS can dine in Costal Kitchen evenings only and you need to pre book? I downloaded a suite brochure which explained all the different perks, they should have given you a leaflet on boarding explaining your entitlement though

Other JS comments: no clothes line in the bathroom ( nor in the Broadwalk balcony either).

The plug in the bath is very raised and it is directly where you stand under the shower..... You will stub your toes!

As mentioned huge balcony but no loungers and only a very small table so not suitable for dining.

Kettle and coffee machine with 2 bags of Starbucks Seattle Pike Place roast. Tazo trabags do get your own Tetleys from Park Cafe.

3 USA plugs, 1 European and 2 USB ports.

Huge walk in wardrobe.

Fabulous room with access to CK for dinner too! Despite the compass still saying CK is for GS and above....

Wine was free flowing and complimentary in CK last night. Not sure if this is the norm or whether we just were lucky.

Food and service were superb.

d56fc6928f4f2fde31f657d3406f0d3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

We had tried to book CK before we went. Not allowed in there. Annoyed that it appears we could've used it.

Is there a curtain that separates the living room area from the bedroom area? They have had this in the other JS's we've been in...but I don't see any evidence of this in the picture you sent.

I know what you mean about the small table on the balcony. We kept looking at the Boardwalk balconies and wondered why they had large tables and JS had a tiny coffee table. It's not like the JS balconies couldn't fit a bigger table on there! We love to dine out there,on warmer days of course not like the Rotterdam cruise ❄️

Hi I think the concierge service is for sky class suites eg GS and above - apparently JS can dine in Costal Kitchen evenings only and you need to pre book? I downloaded a suite brochure which explained all the different perks, they should have given you a leaflet on boarding explaining your entitlement though

Not a thing in the suite. Didn't even get the Diamond robes. Apparently they're on request now and they didn't have any. The RCCL one was so small for my hubby 😊

I tried pre booking before we went as soon as dining became available. We're back on the Harmony 19th of June in a balcony cabin. Can't say I'm really looking forward to going on her again. If I could switch to another ship I would but I'm so restricted with time off work. So this time I can't use the CK anyway.

I don't know, the problem isn't the French, it's Royals decision to put passengers on to soon after taking delivery.

Oasis & Allure were both built at STX Europe in Turku, Finland. Harmony was built by STX France at Chantiers de l'Atlantique shipyard in Saint-Nazaire, France. Why they decided to go to STX France instead of the one in Finland is something that RCI has their reasons for.

the reason presumably is price....the french must have low-balled...

but as everyone knows, you get what you pay for...

and given that the french are not known for quality work, falling lights and the like are not at all surprising...

Interesting the differing opinions and expectations between, and from, UK and North American cruisers on this thread.

I am so glad Royal wouldn't let me move a cruise deposit onto either of these last two Southampton sailings unless I was willing to pay the full price, not the sale price. I didn't book because of that.

Those cruisers booked from the UK and elsewhere that have been complaining about the unfinished state of the ship, the various defects, hazards and so on, are fully entitled to do so - the cruise line advertised this fabulous all singing all dancing ship and then failed to impress so many or even deliver what they promised.

The UK BBC tv news this morning again carried the problems as a main news item.

Personally I hope Royal learn from this debacle, put it right for the people affected, and stop being so greedy - their reputation will have been severely tarnished in the UK, if not the world stage, all for a quick buck.

We had tried to book CK before we went. Not allowed in there. Annoyed that it appears we could've used it.

No you cannot book online before hand if you are in a JS. I was set to go up there and make reservations but they automatically appeared in my RoyalIQ.

I had also heard robes were on request but in both cabins they have been there waiting. Even got 2 when I was travelling with my first timer friend.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain

Currently on board Harmony and cruise director, Ken Rush, referred the sailing starting tomorrow to Barcelona as the inaugural voyage in his talk this morning.

I was under no illusions when I booked this that it was pre-inaugural and very early days of the ship. We've had a fabulous time and I'd happily book a pre-inaugural/inaugural again. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if the aqua theatre was up and running.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting the differing opinions and expectations between, and from, UK and North American cruisers on this thread.

I am so glad Royal wouldn't let me move a cruise deposit onto either of these last two Southampton sailings unless I was willing to pay the full price, not the sale price. I didn't book because of that.

Those cruisers booked from the UK and elsewhere that have been complaining about the unfinished state of the ship, the various defects, hazards and so on, are fully entitled to do so - the cruise line advertised this fabulous all singing all dancing ship and then failed to impress so many or even deliver what they promised.

The UK BBC tv news this morning again carried the problems as a main news item.

Personally I hope Royal learn from this debacle, put it right for the people affected, and stop being so greedy - their reputation will have been severely tarnished in the UK, if not the world stage, all for a quick buck.

I totally agree with you, and I saw the news too this morning.

I would guess that all the VIP's and Royal Caribbean 'top brass' didn't see, or were shown indeed, all that was/is still unfinished.

It will be very interesting to see what happens tomorrow and next week en route to Barcelona............