Need opinion on what color shoes

webecruzin2

I'm hoping someone on these boards can recommend what color heels would go best with this dress. The color of the dress is called mink. I already have a pair of Vera Wang Ivory strappy heels with a brushed gold heel (not Kohls) that I think might work, but I'm wondering if a contrasting color would look a little more fashion forward.

I'm going to try and upload a photo.

Thanks for any help. Oh, BTW this is for formal night on my next cruise.

689978088_Jaxdress.jpg.bfa6279ca01d60fc805f6e0e19dd9f47.jpg

I bought them before my first cruise because I considered them the perfect color go-with-everything dress heel. I planned on wearing them with black slacks, brown slacks and dresses. Everything but formals! I just cannot wear these, they kill my feet. So they are gently used, having only been worn on the ship for as little time as possible.

They still sell this, Calvin Klein Dolly, on Zappos, but not in this color. I believe it was called Anthracite Lizard. This is a tiny picture from my original Zappos order - hard to see. It's got great texture and has a metallic sheen. Sort of bronze, sort of gray - love the color, but my feet hate them.

http://vip.zappos.com/calvin-klein-dolly-mink <-- Link to the shoe at Zappos, but in a Mink color.

10157910.jpg.3c6072a7c2022752d94155b17236d008.jpg

Any metallic will "go" with that dress (which is pretty, BTW!)...looks sort of coppery/gold in the photo....

If you have something with sparkly stones and little or no color, that may be an option. The dress is too "dressy", IMO for colored pumps.....but the strappy shoe you describe will be fine!

Be sure that whatever you choose that it is comfortable. The ship is VERY LONG and the feet start hurting about halfway through the first lounge:(

The dress is so beautiful I think nude shoes or possibly even clear shoes with little gold accents might be beautiful. Good choice of dress. Add a big smile and have a good cruise.

I bought them before my first cruise because I considered them the perfect color go-with-everything dress heel. I planned on wearing them with black slacks, brown slacks and dresses. Everything but formals! I just cannot wear these, they kill my feet. So they are gently used, having only been worn on the ship for as little time as possible.

They still sell this, Calvin Klein Dolly, on Zappos, but not in this color. I believe it was called Anthracite Lizard. This is a tiny picture from my original Zappos order - hard to see. It's got great texture and has a metallic sheen. Sort of bronze, sort of gray - love the color, but my feet hate them.

http://vip.zappos.com/calvin-klein-dolly-mink <-- Link to the shoe at Zappos, but in a Mink color.

Oh me me I want them me me

Wow those really do look like they would match. Thanks!

Okay, thanks for all of your suggestions and keep 'em comin' please.

I found these on endless.com. They're named Nadira from Sacha London. Sorry, don't know why the pic is so small or how to enlarge it.

They're an irridescent (sp?) multi beigy pump. The URL wouldn't upload either but you can go to the website and search for Nadira by Sacha London to see a better photo.

What do y'all think?

721288988_sachalondon.jpg.3d03976ddbb15b20e3db3958b176adce.jpg

Uploaded a larger picture of the shoe for you, you just need to click it (I hope I got the right color).

I think they'd look very nice. I would prefer more of a contrast, but that is just one person's opinion. It's a gorgeous dress, so it would be hard to mess it up. Ultimately, just make sure to buy a pair of shoes you can see yourself wearing with more than just that dress. (Or plan to take lots and lots of cruises so you will have plenty of opportunities to wear the shoes and dress, which isn't a half bad option if you can swing it).

1706351308_shoeforcruisecritic.jpg.722470c490a24cba772e586bbed2e80a.jpg

Oh me me I want them me me

You want mine? If you wear a 9.5 I'd be happy to share them. I can list them in the thread dealing with recycling clothing. Not sure how you arrange something like that so I'll need some advice. I keep my shoes in clear boxes in my closet and since I had a new pair come in these are now OUT. If I can't give them away they'll be making their debut appearance at the Salvation Army store near me.

Uploaded a larger picture of the shoe for you, you just need to click it (I hope I got the right color).

I think they'd look very nice. I would prefer more of a contrast, but that is just one person's opinion. It's a gorgeous dress, so it would be hard to mess it up. Ultimately, just make sure to buy a pair of shoes you can see yourself wearing with more than just that dress. (Or plan to take lots and lots of cruises so you will have plenty of opportunities to wear the shoes and dress, which isn't a half bad option if you can swing it).

To me, these are perfect. They accessorize the dress, instead of competing with it. At the same time, I think they make a statement. I could see those being worn with a number of things, and each time, they would "complete" the outfit, if you know what I mean.

I'd go with an animal print. The dress is elegant and simple (in color - no print), so I think a bold shoe would be good.

http://www.6pm.com/guess-yamini-anniversary-collection-natural-multi-fabric

http://www.6pm.com/product/7846342/color/308979

http://www.6pm.com/fergalicious-utopia-leopard

Now, I wouldn't order online to match this dress - I would hit the mall with the dress.

Archived