Do You Have to Stick To Your Arrival Appointment Time Departure Day

Dina7

I just completed our online check-in & had to choose our Arrival Appointment Time at Cape Liberty in Bayonne. I chose the earliest that was available, 12:00-12:30. We were originally planning on getting to the cruise port about 10:30.

How strict is RC about you sticking to that Arrival Appointment Time? What if we get there at 10:30 instead of 12:00?

Thanks,

Dina

There is NO WAY to enforce arrival times...you get there when you get there! Folks planes arrive when they do...travel times are "iffy"...show up when you want!

Whilst I have not seen RC enforce arrival times, there are cruise lines that DO so there is a way. At the moment RC do not so to answer the OP you will be fine turning up early.

• 9 months later...

We always arrive early, it counts as the first day of our cruise. We are probably on the extreme side of early, but we just cruised on Allure and we arrived at the port at 9:45am and stood outside until 10 and then they opened the doors and let us inside. We progressed through the process and were sitting waiting to board by 10:30. We were on the ship of 11:08 and booking our excursions and buying drink packages and such before there were any lines. The kids were able to ride zip lining several times before it got crowded. We would rather sit at the port and talk to others around us while we wait. It's kind of fun.

We would rather sit at the port and talk to others around us while we wait. It's kind of fun.

This.

Sit at our hotel and chat or read, or sit at the port and chat or read? I'll pick the port anyday, with a view of that beautiful ship!

They do not enforce arrival times at Cape Liberty. I don't think the person even looked at the time on our SetSail pass when we were there last month. And we showed up an hour earlier than we originally chose. Had no issue at all.