Couple claims they were drugged at Nachi Cocom

Jellyfish21

Well, this is terrifying considering we have reservations for Nachi next week. Now I'm wondering if we should cancel? Our 23yo daughter will be with us, I certainly wouldn't want to put her (or us) in any danger. Trying not to over-react

Well, this is terrifying considering we have reservations for Nachi next week. Now I'm wondering if we should cancel? Our 23yo daughter will be with us, I certainly wouldn't want to put her (or us) in any danger. Trying not to over-react

Treat it the same you would anywhere else, don't trust a drink unless you see a bartender pour/open it.

Keep in mind this is 130 complaints out of tens of thousands of annual visitors.

Spoke with management at NC when we were there last year about these stories and they said they have used the same distributor for 18 years and had no issues. All the reports I had seen last year were chain resorts on mainland. Have not researched this new report to see if it has multiple credited sources or is "fake news". Cozumel is so very take compared with many parts of mainland Mexico. Don't know if you could even find trouble there if you tried.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
Here is a link to a story I came across the other day. If you scroll down, the one at Nachi happened in February.

https://projects.jsonline.com/topics/mexico-blackouts-investigation/#stories-anchor

If you read the Nachi story, 1) they waited 2 weeks to complain. 2) when approached by employee they declined assistance. 3)no other complaints registered that day or later at Nachi. 4) 2 margaritas but how much time between? Not saying they didn't get sick or "pass out" for a brief time, but so many things could go wrong without it being tainted booze.

Sent from my Acer Chromebook R11 (CB5-132T / C738T) using Forums mobile app

I was at Nachi in February with my family for the first time and have nothing but positive things to say. We only had a few drinks and had no problems at all. Unless more stories likes this pop up with a direct link to Nachi, I would definitely go again.

Yes that direct link - or evidence to support unfounded accusations - always seems very elusive.

Some posters, many of whom have no experiences in Mexico, are also known to be eager to spread negative things on many boards (“trolls”) and you just learn who they are. It’s more common on TA and Mexico-specific forums, and then someone posts it on CC even though the info or accusation is vague or unfounded. It just makes a mess...

I am considering a cruise with a stop in Cozumel. Last time we visited was may 2010 and it was a great experience.

We took a van to the resort. Seemed kinda shady. Can you recommend the best way to get there and your experiences.

Thanks.

I am considering a cruise with a stop in Cozumel. Last time we visited was may 2010 and it was a great experience.

We took a van to the resort. Seemed kinda shady. Can you recommend the best way to get there and your experiences.

Thanks.

Would you like to expand on “shady”?

Are you talking about protection from the sun, the resort, or the transport? Are you looking for different form of transport or a different resort?

• 2 weeks later...

Taxis are fairly well regulated and organized on Cozumel (unlike the crooks in Philly :mad:) and the far to Nachi will be posted on a board near the taxi line - along with the fares to most popular tourist spots will be listed. Fare to Nachi should be about $17 - same fare should get you back to your pier. It never hurts to confirm the fare with the driver BEFORE you get into the cab.