Cuba in February

ginnyeck

we are scheduled to go on the Paradise to Key West and Cuba. I am a bit concerned about Cuba since Havana is on the Federal do not visit list. We have a 4 hour educational tour booked through the cruise line so that should cover our required tour. Anyone been there since the new rules went into effect and thoughts?

we are scheduled to go on the Paradise to Key West and Cuba. I am a bit concerned about Cuba since Havana is on the Federal do not visit list. We have a 4 hour educational tour booked through the cruise line so that should cover our required tour. Anyone been there since the new rules went into effect and thoughts?

I'm more concerned about Cuba than you ,are that's why I'm not going ;p. Now Key West is definitely another animal :cool:

Cuba is awesome have a great time. the warning was issued when that weird stuff was going on at the Embassy. I have not heard about any tourists being affected. All my Canadian friends love Cuba.

We went there on the Paradise in October. There is nothing to be concerned about. We did the classic car tour. Boarded a bus that took us to the area where they all were parked. Then we got to choose the car we wanted to ride in. From there, they took us to a cemetery where the guide explained the history of it. Then we rode around for a while, boarded the bus again and stopped at a market place. From there, back to the ship.

The exchange rate at that time was for $100 US dollars, you got 87 COCs. When you exchange it back to US dollars, they charge another 3%. You are allowed 100 Cuban cigars duty free.

Going through customs to enter Cuba, they have infrared cameras checking to see if anyone has a high temperature. If you do, you aren't allowed into Cuba. You stand in long, long lines. When it's your turn, they take your passport, take your picture, stamp your passport, then you pass through. After that, on the same level is the bank where you can exchange your money. They do not take US dollars or credit cards.

Once you have completed the People to People requirement, you can go out on your own. On our cruise, not that many people did but it was raining that night too.

I am also going in Feburary and I received a letter from Carnival with the guidelines . Since we will be there overnight you have to do a tour both days to get off the ship . The new guidelines are on the Carnival website under Cuba what you need to know .

https://help.carnival.com/ci/fattach/get/2332877/1512656055/redirect/1/filename/Cuba_guest_qa120117.pdf

Since Cuba was reopened, I have been planning to take my granddaughter when she turns 16, next year.

Now, we have this administration and new concerns to deal with.

I am hoping to still be able to take her and have a wonderful BD celebration.

I was a very young child when Cuba was closed and have been waiting for most of my life to return.

As a Canadian, I've been to Cuba many times for a land holiday, and will return many more. It must be one of the most travelled of the islands for Canadians looking for an all inclusive land vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When going ashore in Cuba be sure to set your watch back fifty years.

And to me, that would be part of the charm of visiting Cuba, before mega hotels and tourist traps take over.

We visited the Cook Islands simply because we were told they appear like Tahiti did 50 years ago. And we loved Tahiti, Bora Bora and Moorea!

Closest thing to time travel.....!!!!

I was fortunate to go on a cruise to Cuba in May 2017. We did a 4 hour tour through the ship, then walked around Old Havana. It is very interesting, and a very safe country for tourists to walk around. Go with an open mind, understand that everything is changing for the people who live there, and enjoy their warm hospitality.