Understanding Non Refundable Deposit

slyster

Suss, we presently are booked for the Allure, April 19 & 26. Reason I wanted to move back to March if in fact the Allure isn't doing April, the itinerary doesn't change for either cruise.I looked at the Oasis but didn't care for the ports. If we did March 15th vs March 1, 2020. they switch ST Kitts for ST Maarten.

Gay

we love labadee so we hit that twice,

then it the usual east and west tour.

but honestly we switched because we found out it was coming out of dry dock.

that's weird. we had been booked for april 19th and april 26th.

oh well. we switched to the oasis april 19th and 26 while on allure. at this point i dont see oasis april 19th, 2020 online anymore. reason we changed to oasis is that it will be out of dry dock with all the new goodies.

on the phone now and it looks like you only have to apply FCC within a year but you can cruise anytime you like.

Just checked on the Oasis for April 19, 2020 and you are correct. It is closed for booking.

Both the 12th and the 26th are available .

There are 2 things that could be happening. It could be a charter or I wonder if they are going to offer this as a price protected cruise for the Allure sailings and are closing it temporarily while they take care of guests that are displaced from Allure.

• 2 months later...
that's weird. we had been booked for april 19th and april 26th.

oh well. we switched to the oasis april 19th and 26 while on allure. at this point i dont see oasis april 19th, 2020 online anymore. reason we changed to oasis is that it will be out of dry dock with all the new goodies.

on the phone now and it looks like you only have to apply FCC within a year but you can cruise anytime you like.

You switched because you liked the Oasis better or because you received an email that the 26th Cruise was cancelled ?

Can I wear shorts to dinner if I have booked using a non refundable deposit?

Only if you have nice flip-flops I mean sandals to match. ;p

Anyway back to topic, just be aware if you have purchased a next cruise cert or future cruise cert or whatever they call it, and you apply it to a non refundable deposit, your next cruise cert will become non refundable too.

At least that’s what the rep I spoke to told me.

Edited by molole

So I'm glad this thread popped back up (I'm the thread starter). This was the first time doing the non refundable deposit route and now I'm regretting it LOL

Since this post, I changed itineraries/ships and paid the $100 per person change fee. We are almost positive that we will need to cancel the cruise we have for next year (summer). I'm going to wait until the Spring time (2019 to cancel.

From what I have read, I have to rebook within a year. Can someone clarify for me...is it I have to rebook a to another cruise that happens a year or less from when I cancel?

OR does it mean, I can just tell them I am cancelling and then contact them within one year to rebook? Say, I cancel March 2019, call them December 2019 to book a Dec. 2020 cruise.

I hope that makes sense.

I'm asking because I'm almost positive we can't go on any cruise next year and possibly in 2020 too. Just trying to figure out the best way to not lose more money than I have to.

So I'm glad this thread popped back up (I'm the thread starter). This was the first time doing the non refundable deposit route and now I'm regretting it LOL

Since this post, I changed itineraries/ships and paid the $100 per person change fee. We are almost positive that we will need to cancel the cruise we have for next year (summer). I'm going to wait until the Spring time (2019 to cancel.

From what I have read, I have to rebook within a year. Can someone clarify for me...is it I have to rebook a to another cruise that happens a year or less from when I cancel?

OR does it mean, I can just tell them I am cancelling and then contact them within one year to rebook? Say, I cancel March 2019, call them December 2019 to book a Dec. 2020 cruise.

I hope that makes sense.

I'm asking because I'm almost positive we can't go on any cruise next year and possibly in 2020 too. Just trying to figure out the best way to not lose more money than I have to.

You have a year from when you cancel to use the FCC so it's best to cancel right before final payment date to buy as much time as possible

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

You have a year from when you cancel to use the FCC so it's best to cancel right before final payment date to buy as much time as possible

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

Ok so given that scenario, if I cancel just before final payment and again, have to cancel for the future one, am I just in the same scenario? Lose another $100 and then rebook within the year?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok so given that scenario, if I cancel just before final payment and again, have to cancel for the future one, am I just in the same scenario? Lose another $100 and then rebook within the year?

Yes, except whatever funds were on the first FCC are lost.

I had reported earlier regarding our FCC which was from our cancelled April 2020 Allure sailings. Each was for 300 or 600 total. This morning I received the 2nd Certificate and 300 each has been applied to our new sailings on the Freedom for March 1 & 8 of 2020. I was told in the beginning that as long as they were applied to a new booking before they expired I could use them toward any cruise of my choosing. slyster, to let you know and others, you can apply FCC to any cruise you will be booking or have already booked as long as it is done before the Certificates Expire. I had to use mine by August of 2019.

Customer Service for RCCL Re FCC you receive 1-800 - 529-6918