Carnival legend collides with rccl ship!

formercruisestaff

If true, I imagine John will be blogging about it. RCCL should have known better than to ram a Carnival ship. :mad:

It takes awhile for something to get posted on his blog as it has to go through the Stephanies and then someone in Corporate before it gets posted.

Since John is onboard, maybe he convinced the Captain that he should be driving on the left side of the seaway.:cool:

Hopefully it is just some scraped paint and not major structural damage as there are no close drydocks in that area. Mobile, AL would be one place.

Dave

I got friends currently on the Enchantment.. the Legend collided with it.. the harbor attempted to get a tugboat between the 2 ships but it was too late.

From his blog:

From the Enchantment of the seas. OK, so we're sitting in port. A few of us are on the pool deck watching the Carnival Legend pull out of port. As we're watching it, it's getting closer and closer. It looked like the wind was pushing the other ship toword us. I looked down and saw a tug boat try to get between the two boats, but it was too late. Then the collision became inevitable. There was some crunching and breaking glass noises and the ship rocked to one side a little. It was such a slow crash that it was barely noticeable. We could see scraped paint on the other ship, Really, nobody was hurt and we're waiting for the all-clear from the Harbor master to leave port.

Archived