Carnival legend collides with rccl ship!

formercruisestaff

A blogger quoting another blogger:D He did get statements from the spokespeople to validate things.:)

Only difference is the second blogger is with USA Today so he has an editor to answer to even on blog postings. So if he posted major damage to both without contacting both companies for known sources then it would have been irresponsible journalism. As far as him referring to the other blogger that would be the equivalent to back before the internet an eyewitness reported seeing.

Hey there samiam....how have you been? I haven't seen you in a long time..wishing I was on another cruise soon...

I see by your signature you will be headed out of the country soon...be safe my friend and enjoy your upcoming cruise.

Hey lady! Yeah, I've been in 'read' mode on Cruise Critic, not 'post' mode lately. :o Looking forward to the next 2 cruises in Nov before I head out of the country (with no cruises) for a year. :mad: Hope you're doing well and are cruising again soon!

And to stay on topic, here's to hoping the Legend isn't hurt too bad. Maybe there's a big Cruise Critic group on board and can pool their duct tape to make repairs? :D

It takes awhile for something to get posted on his blog as it has to go through the Stephanies and then someone in Corporate before it gets posted.

Since John is onboard, maybe he convinced the Captain that he should be driving on the left side of the seaway.:cool:

Hopefully it is just some scraped paint and not major structural damage as there are no close drydocks in that area. Mobile, AL would be one place.

Dave

Here.

29 minutes ago:

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruises/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=68500121.blog

Okay, according to the reports, it seems the damage to both ships was fairly minor. We sail on Sunday on the Legend. Any chance they will cancel our cruise in order to make repairs? Just wondering what you think. It would be the pits if they cancel. We bought our airline tickets on Hotwire and we will be screwed. :(

BTW, we do have travel insurance, so maybe that would cover us.

Really freaking out now.... just did a search on CCL website and no itinerary is shown for legend for Oct 4 or 11!!!!

Don't panic yet - could be they are just sold out being so close to sailing. :)

Here's hoping you leave this weekend for a great cruise!

Really freaking out now.... just did a search on CCL website and no itinerary is shown for legend for Oct 4 or 11!!!!

If they let the ship complete the cruise it's probably just cosmetic damage, which can be fixed in port. Your trip sould be fine :)

First of all, two deep breaths.

Second, check your reservation on carnival.com or call carnival.

I agree with vacruizer. It's entirely possible that it's just sold out so it's not showing up to book.

I know the last two or three days the dates showed up for the 4th though no rooms were available so that is probably why it was removed from the site...hopefully. Everything is still intact with my reservation for Sunday's cruise.

That is the reason for the dates removed - sold out. Searched for the Conquest out of Galveston and there is no Oct 4 date for that ship either.

I know the last two or three days the dates showed up for the 4th though no rooms were available so that is probably why it was removed from the site...hopefully. Everything is still intact with my reservation for Sunday's cruise.

Maybe they had a couple guarantees left that finally sold?

Hopefully all is well!

somebody better lay down a spike strip to stop 'em!

Now that thar's funny, no matter where yer from!:p

Seriously, I've gotten so many laughs on this thread. It's a very serious thing but you guys can always find humor in real life happening!

Thanks!:)

Archived