Carnival legend collides with rccl ship!

formercruisestaff

We've gotten word from both lines that the ships have been cleared and are both on their way to their next port of call: Belize. At this point, no itinerary changes are expected. Royal Caribbean wasn't able to say when repairs will be made to Enchantment, but Carnival expects to fix up Legend while it is in sailing, so cruises won't be impacted.

We've gotten word from both lines that the ships have been cleared and are both on their way to their next port of call: Belize. At this point, no itinerary changes are expected. Royal Caribbean wasn't able to say when repairs will be made to Enchantment, but Carnival expects to fix up Legend while it is in sailing, so cruises won't be impacted.

Thank you Melissa I think I'll be able to sleep in peace now.

Those pictures are crazy - as someone on that thread said - it seems like the dock could have done more damage than the boat!

What cracked me up was the number of people out on their balconies and on deck just watching it happen. I know I would have been there watching too but it was funny to think they all just watched.

All kidding aside, looks like the Captain of that ship made a major under-estimation of the crosswinds and/or did not check the weather prior to casting the lines. There's obviously a squall going though at departure. The Carnival Captain made a big mistake today that thankfully did not cost any lives this time - he will definitely have some explaining to do.

All kidding aside, looks like the Captain of that ship made a major under-estimation of the crosswinds and/or did not check the weather prior to casting the lines. There's obviously a squall going though at departure. The Carnival Captain made a big mistake today that thankfully did not cost any lives this time - he will definitely have some explaining to do.

Wind shear happens! as does ship!

Let's see if this works....

Nope it didn't....Trying to pull up pics of the Grandeur Of the Seas after the wind/current caught it and put a 30 plus foot gash in the hull just above the waterline after hitting the pier......

I will try again. Wind and high moving ojects do not get along. Just try driving a high van over a bridge in very windy conditions....

If they were leaving port wouldn't a Mexican pilot be sailing the ship at the time or do they only do that coming in?

I'm sure Carnival will have the pieces flown to Belize tonight and installed tomorrow at port. By tomorrow night nobody will know it ever happened.

If they were leaving port wouldn't a Mexican pilot be sailing the ship at the time or do they only do that coming in?

I'm sure Carnival will have the pieces flown to Belize tonight and installed tomorrow at port. By tomorrow night nobody will know it ever happened.

Yes...It would be one of their pilots.

By the way...Looking at the denting (slight) and the scrubbed paint it will be noticed. think I'll go down to Channelside at the Tampa pier this weekend and watch them do some painting.....:D:D

I just did a google search and USA Today has the story and links to pictures passengers on the ships posted showing the damage.

We are leaving on Oct. 25th on the Legend. The story said only minor damage and both ships were cleared to continue on.

Yes...It would be one of their pilots.

By the way...Looking at the denting (slight) and the scrubbed paint it will be noticed. think I'll go down to Channelside at the Tampa pier this weekend and watch them do some painting.....:D:D

Jessemon,

When we hit the pier in St Thomas on Liberty, they painted it that day while we were in port and was nearly invisible when we reboarded. I doubt they'll have such an easy time doing so in Belize though.....;)

And seeing that you have already decided the news with no facts what so ever maybe you should apply to MSNBC.

Actually, I don't think MSNBC can actually report on it. They can only report on how FOX reports on it.

Archived