New to HAL -what free beverages served?

Stevie44875

I'm thinking about taking a cruise with HAL in January and have only cruised with Royal. I'm wondering how HAL does their drinks. What do they consider as free beverages? Royal does water, lemonade, and tea. Does HAL have the same? Thanks for your help!

I'm thinking about taking a cruise with HAL in January and have only cruised with Royal. I'm wondering how HAL does their drinks. What do they consider as free beverages? Royal does water, lemonade, and tea. Does HAL have the same? Thanks for your help!

Yes, as well as a wide variety of juice at breakfast. Coffee and iced tea as well. EM

Hi Stevie44875,

In my experience the following drinks are offered gratis.

Coffee and decaf,

Hot & iced tea and decaf,

Fresh OJ in the morning,

Various fruit juices,

Cappuchino and decaf in the MDR

Latte in the MDR

Milk, various kinds,

Chocolate milk

Cocoa

I often put a pack of powdered cocoa in a mug, fill it with decaf coffee and top it with some cream. This probably has some fancy name. It tastes great and is gratis.

Scott & Karen

We sailed on the Statendam last week. At breakfast several different juices were served. But for lunch and dinner, only water and iced tea were available for free. We definitely missed the lemonade as we don't drink tea or coffee. Hot chocolate packets were also available, and we did indulge in those occasionally.

To tack on, and go the opposite way. I was wondering, what does HAL charge for a beer on average? Or say a gin & tonic?

Just got off the Nieuw Amsterdam, and if my memory serves me it was about $5.50 for a premium beer and about the same for a G&T. I think they tacked on another .50 for a call drink. Those prices included the 15% gratuity that they automatically tack on. They had some deals with beer buckets that I think was buy 5, get 6. And a few happy hours each evening with 2-for-1 drinks. A can of soda was 2.24 after the service charge.

Archived