Circumnavigation of oz!!

jenno10388

Well now it's time for me to start getting jealous. Its snowing today, winter storm watch until Fri morning....yesterday was 50 wonderful warm degrees and now a winter wonderland.

Jenno have a great time, I know how you are looking forward to this cruise. Embed a pic or two when you get back so we can see the heat of Australia in our dreary lives here in the northern hemisphere. :D

• 2 weeks later...
When I board in fremantle the temp should be around 35•c can't wait! Will DEFINATLY be using the pools haha! (as will everyone I assume) not looking forward to wearing the suit in such temps though! Hopefully the ship has great air con!

You will not find wearing a suit onboard a problem, the a/c works fine, it will be so nice looking out the windows at the heat while wearing our suits and not sweating..!!

Is anyone able to tell me if we can expect fireworks or any sort of send off at each port when the ship departs!? I know Sydney will probably put a big show on but what about other Aussie ports?

Cheers

I don't think we will get fireworks, but we should see a few/lot of people on the shore line waving us in with small boats along side, this happened also when it leaves port, just depends on the time of arrival/departure i suppose.

No doubt there will be a lot of small craft/tourist boats around having a look as well, especially in Brisbane and Darwin as she has not been there before, it sure add's to the excitement !!

Not long to go now.....the dry cleaners are making a fortune with all of us getting ready!!

I don't think we will get fireworks, but we should see a few/lot of people on the shore line waving us in with small boats along side, this happened also when it leaves port, just depends on the time of arrival/departure i suppose.

No doubt there will be a lot of small craft/tourist boats around having a look as well, especially in Brisbane and Darwin as she has not been there before, it sure add's to the excitement !!

Not long to go now.....the dry cleaners are making a fortune with all of us getting ready!!

I'm looking forward to Melbourne! My home port an maiden call of the QM2! You can expect a big turn out, no fire works though. But DEFINATLEY news crews and coverage! Melbourne news has always loved a visit from

A Cunard queen! Especially when the QE2 used to come. Can't wait!!! :-)

You will all enjoy cruising on Queen Mary 2 as everyone loves to see her. Everyone loves to wave at you as well. Nearest I have ever had to being a celebrity... You will love it when she blows her horn too. Wonderful....

Have a great time

Janice

Is anyone able to tell me if we can expect fireworks or any sort of send off at each port when the ship departs!? I know Sydney will probably put a big show on but what about other Aussie ports?

Cheers

Jenno, If your departure from Fremantle is anything like the one I did in 2010 (QM2) then you are in for a big treat !

I've done many a Cunard arrival & departure at Sydney and although they put on a go show, nothing tops the departure of QM from Fremantle ..... Even the Commodre at the time commented that the only time he'd seen such a farewell was at Hamburg.

Bell Boy:)

Jenno, If your departure from Fremantle is anything like the one I did in 2010 (QM2) then you are in for a big treat !

I've done many a Cunard arrival & departure at Sydney and although they put on a go show, nothing tops the departure of QM from Fremantle ..... Even the Commodre at the time commented that the only time he'd seen such a farewell was at Hamburg.

Bell Boy:)

This has made me very excited!!! Thank you for the info! I wasn't sure about Fremantle as when I board it will be the second time

The ship has been there in the circle around Australia so I thought perhaps they won't bother second time around :(

This has made me very excited!!! Thank you for the info! I wasn't sure about Fremantle as when I board it will be the second time

The ship has been there in the circle around Australia so I thought perhaps they won't bother second time around :(

Yes, its the same for me in Adelaide. QM has been to Adelaide a few times and each time it is special with helicopters and people line the shore to see it depart. There is usually media allowed on board. But second time in a month - actually the weather isn't going to be so great the first time so maybe people will wait for the next time, if they are made aware she will be coming around twice.

Will it be her first time in Melbourne? Well, that will be special for us then.

OOh, this time in four weeks I am off!

Hi everyone...just have a quick question and maybe you could email me your responses please! What TA do you use in Aust for Cunard and do you get good deals. I am in Melbourne and trying to find a good one. Not having too much luck at the moment. My email is barbie123 at iprimus dot com dot au

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Barbara

I'm hoping that when people see on the news te ship and the little story to go with it at the end they will say it will be back on what bet date and more people will say 'let's go see that ship' so should be a big turn out! First time to

Melbourne ever! Although it is a Monday so people will be working, but when the QE2 used to come it always drew a big crowed.. Also when the other queens have come it's been pretty special and had had news coverage! Nothing in the way of fireworks though I don't think. Melbournes an odd port as the ships dock at station pier and the general public isn't allowed on the pier at the time so viewing of the ships can only be done at distance and mainly u can only see the back of the ship.. You can walk further up the beach and see it but the terminal on the pier blocks the view of the lower half of the ship. I personally love when ships dock in Sydney and Auckland as the public can get up close and personal! Great photo op's! Melbourne, not so much.

Barbara I book the cruises myself as I have not found flight centers annharvey world in Melbourne to be very knowledgable with cruises.. I seem to know more so go figure!? There is a place on bay street port Melbourne called cruise about and they only deal with cruises, but I have never used them but they do have a website so check it out! Hope this helps. My main advice is look after yourself and do all your own research and you will get yourself the best deals as I have myself on all my cruise occasions..

Steve

Definitely no fireworks in Fremantle, still full daylight, but generally thousands lining the harbor entrance. This time Wednesday she should be docked and I will have the first lot of photos of her appearing on the horizon:D

Will be great to be on her for her maiden visits to Brisbane & Darwin, just a pity I will miss Melbourne, as my two sons are there:(. Wish she had called there on the first lap.

Definitely no fireworks in Fremantle, still full daylight, but generally thousands lining the harbor entrance. This time Wednesday she should be docked and I will have the first lot of photos of her appearing on the horizon:D

Will be great to be on her for her maiden visits to Brisbane & Darwin, just a pity I will miss Melbourne, as my two sons are there:(. Wish she had called there on the first lap.

Not to worry, I'll pass on a message for you! :D

According to https://www3.fremantleports.com.au/VTMIS/Public/PublicMovements.aspx

QM2 is scheduled to arrive in Fremante Harbour on Feb. 8 at 6:45. As I write this, the time in Fremantle is 6:59 Feb. 8.

For anyone wishing to view her arrival, here is the Fremantle Harbour webcam: http://www.fremantleports.com.au/Operations/Harbourcams/Pages/Harbourcam14.aspx

View #9 is where QM2 is scheduled to dock.

I'm not seeing the ship, and QM2 webcam looks like she's still at sea. Have I got the date and times wrong? Cheers, -S

According to https://www3.fremantleports.com.au/VTMIS/Public/PublicMovements.aspx

QM2 is scheduled to arrive in Fremante Harbour on Feb. 8 at 6:45. As I write this, the time in Fremantle is 6:59 Feb. 8.

For anyone wishing to view her arrival, here is the Fremantle Harbour webcam: http://www.fremantleports.com.au/Operations/Harbourcams/Pages/Harbourcam14.aspx

View #9 is where QM2 is scheduled to dock.

I'm not seeing the ship, and QM2 webcam looks like she's still at sea. Have I got the date and times wrong? Cheers, -S

No today is the day, and we have watched her arrive, majestically sailing past Rottnest Island and she shoul be on the harbour entrance cam very shortly!

Very excited about getting her later today:)

No it should be today!! I'm unsure of the time though although possibly 8am is a usual Cunard time? (bit of a generalization I know!) I'm so excited that she is arriving in oz today!! Hurrah! :-)

Cheers for the links

Hi Jenno. You're welcome. The Freemantle Port schedule has QM2 arrival time as 6:45am, so I guess she's a little late - should be on the Harbour Webcam anytime now:)

Archived