A Little Golden Princess Hawai'i News

Elua

Aloha Kakou,

I wanted to pass on some news that I heard today, and I thought that there would be some people on CC who would be very interested in it. I got a call today from our friend, cruise director David Cole, who many of you know, and many of you have sailed with. He just received his next set of rotations and...he has been assigned to the Golden Princess starting January 16, 2013. This means that for the second half of the Hawai'i season on the Golden, Leialoha and myself will be back together working with David, spreading the aloha to all of our guests, and sharing our love for Hawai'i.

I do not know if his assignment takes him through to the end of the season, but I sent an email asking him that question...as soon as I know, I will pass on that info.

Aloha No,

Dave Soreff

(of Elua)

http://www.eluaworld.blogspot.com/

That's good news for those sailing

those dates...They get the THREE

of you.. how lucky they are!

Know your going on the Star later..

my loss..think I'm going on the Star

this year to Hawaii. Out of SF..easy

for us no flying.

Going to miss you two. Sailed with you

in April and a few times before that.

Least I'll be going to Hawaii. Guess who

is the CD? Martyn Moss.

Aloha Kakou,

I wanted to pass on some news that I heard today, and I thought that there would be some people on CC who would be very interested in it. I got a call today from our friend, cruise director David Cole, who many of you know, and many of you have sailed with. He just received his next set of rotations and...he has been assigned to the Golden Princess starting January 16, 2013. This means that for the second half of the Hawai'i season on the Golden, Leialoha and myself will be back together working with David, spreading the aloha to all of our guests, and sharing our love for Hawai'i.

I do not know if his assignment takes him through to the end of the season, but I sent an email asking him that question...as soon as I know, I will pass on that info.

Aloha No,

Dave Soreff

(of Elua)

Who will be the cruise director for the fall 2012 sailing on the Golden to Hawaii?

Awesome! The Hawaii Dream Team is back together. Having sailed the Golden and being familiar with the quality of Hawaiian programs, lectures and music. Anyone sailing with David Cole and Elua are in for a very special cruise. Enjoy!

Mark

we are on that cruise..can't wait to find out what all the fuss is about!!

I can add this, and it might help understand the fuss. Aside from the Golden cruise to Hawaii, I just recently took a Star Princess 15 day to Hawaii.

On the Star, onboard activities, music and lectures representing a Hawaiian theme, were non existent. In 15 days I heard zero Hawaiian music anywhere, saw no Hawaiian lectures and attended not one known Hawaiian themed party. If they were offered, it was kept private from the passengers.

On the Golden, from the minute you board, there is no mystery where you are sailing too. Dave and his Wife LeiAloha (sp) (Elua) are everywhere, either playing music or offering well publicized cultural programs, lei making, dress/sarong, ukulele classes, Hawaiian hula dance, etc etc. These programs are very popular, so watch for the notice in the Patter and get signed up. You will have a great time.

Dave Cole will be giving the Hawaiian lectures and he is good at it. Very knowledgeable. Also he and his team heads up all other onboard activities and there are lots of them.

Hope that helps, enjoy your cruise!

That's good news for those sailing

those dates...They get the THREE

of you.. how lucky they are!

Know your going on the Star later..

my loss..think I'm going on the Star

this year to Hawaii. Out of SF..easy

for us no flying.

Going to miss you two. Sailed with you

in April and a few times before that.

Least I'll be going to Hawaii. Guess who

is the CD? Martyn Moss.

Aloha Belle,

Mahalo nui for the kind words...as far as us on the Star, yes it does look like we will be there for the 2013-14 season...all things being equal. Of course, these things are never official until later in the current season...I will make sure to keep everyone posted.

Martyn Moss? Lucky you...he is a great guy and a great cruise director. I know that he is over ont he Star for a little while, as his good lady is on board as well. Have a great cruise and spread the aloha!

A Hui Hou,

Dave Soreff

(of Elua)

Dave: Who will the CD be for the Christmas cruise?

Looking forward to seeing you again this December.

Greg

Aloha Greg,

These things are never 100%, as in my experience, there can be last minute changes, BUT, I believe that it will be Sammi Baker. I know she gets on the Golden November 7, so if I do the math, she should be there over the holidays. See you in a few months!!

A Hui Hou,

Dave Soreff

(of Elua)

I had the pleasure of sailing with these fine people to Hawaii on the Golden in Oct 2010. They are all delightful!

Dave- do you happen to know which ship Julio (the dance instructor) is on now - he was so much fun to take lessons from.

Aloha Kimmer,

Unfortunately, I do not know where Julio is...sorry.

A Hui Hou,

Dave Soreff

(of Elua)

We had Martyn with you in April.

I hope he has put some "HAWAII"

in the Star for the cruise in Oct..

Congrats..Saw you found a house.

Knew you were looking. Last I read

you couldn't find one.

Good luck with the rain and grass! lol

Aloha Greg,

These things are never 100%, as in my experience, there can be last minute changes, BUT, I believe that it will be Sammi Baker. I know she gets on the Golden November 7, so if I do the math, she should be there over the holidays. See you in a few months!!

A Hui Hou,

Dave Soreff

(of Elua)

Ooh fun! I usually never care what CD I get...with three exeptions: David Cole (on Hawaii cruises he is a true asset), a CD that shall remain nameless because he is the worst I have had in over 40 cruises, and Sami because we enjoyedher when we had her on a cruise to Asia. I look forward to having her on my sailing.

PS - Dave's blog is great, I really enjoy reading it. :)

Will this wonderful sounding treo still be onboard at the end of March

Aloha antsp,

Mahalo for asking...Leialoha and I will be on the Golden at the end of March. We sign on for the whole Hawai'i season...as far as David Cole, I am not sure if he will sign on and stay until the end of the season. I have an email into him about this, and as soon as I know, I will post it.so we will see you in March!!

A Hui Hou,

Dave Soreff

(of Elua)

Aloha antsp,

Mahalo for asking...Leialoha and I will be on the Golden at the end of March. We sign on for the whole Hawai'i season...as far as David Cole, I am not sure if he will sign on and stay until the end of the season. I have an email into him about this, and as soon as I know, I will post it.so we will see you in March!!

A Hui Hou,

Dave Soreff

(of Elua)

Looking forward to meeting you all:)

so now that you have a house on Hilo, do we all just assume we are invited for a house warming "lau" at you home when we port ??

which shuttle should we take ??

wouldn't that be a surprise for your wife !!

congrats on your new home. we will be on the golden 10/24. looking forward to meeting you both. (when we meet you, I'll ask for directions !!)

I can add this, and it might help understand the fuss. Aside from the Golden cruise to Hawaii, I just recently took a Star Princess 15 day to Hawaii.

On the Star, onboard activities, music and lectures representing a Hawaiian theme, were non existent. In 15 days I heard zero Hawaiian music anywhere, saw no Hawaiian lectures and attended not one known Hawaiian themed party. If they were offered, it was kept private from the passengers.

On the Golden, from the minute you board, there is no mystery where you are sailing too. Dave and his Wife LeiAloha (sp) (Elua) are everywhere, either playing music or offering well publicized cultural programs, lei making, dress/sarong, ukulele classes, Hawaiian hula dance, etc etc. These programs are very popular, so watch for the notice in the Patter and get signed up. You will have a great time.

Dave Cole will be giving the Hawaiian lectures and he is good at it. Very knowledgeable. Also he and his team heads up all other onboard activities and there are lots of them.

Hope that helps, enjoy your cruise!

One thing that I say about our 2010/11 cruise on the Golden is that it was the one cruise we've been on that you absolutely know what your destination is from the activities, food, music, even if you were kept in the dark where you were going, blindfolded and thrown onto the ship without the info.:D Hopefully we'll be going again on this same itinerary.

Aloha antsp,

Mahalo for asking...Leialoha and I will be on the Golden at the end of March. We sign on for the whole Hawai'i season.

The "whole Hawai'i season" going all the way to the April 24th sailing, I trust? We're heading to LA to sail on the Golden rather than sailing from our hometown of SF because the CC word about you two has been so great.

That and wanting to ride the coasters at Magic Mountain. :)

Archived