Avoid 8622 on Enhantment of the Seas

we just got off.This Jr.suite was almost unlivable due to CONSTANT odor and sewage problem in bathroom. Even backup every time tub was drained,all of floor.Called housekeeping to sanitize,but how healthy is THAT to deal with for whole cruise.??Had maintainance in 3 times with NO FIX.No other similar rooms(or better) available since packed ship.

My FIRST TIME on royal and LAST.

No apologies from crew(ex.excuses from them).No freebies,NOTHING.

Thank GOD only 3 nites.

So BEWARE of this cabin, a warning.:mad:

Unfortunately, avoidance may not help. Next week, the odor could move to a different cabin....it's the nature of ship's plumbing! Now, the drain back-up....that should have been fixed promptly for you!!!

We've had that odor issue before...and you're right...it sucks! Keeping the drains closed as much as possible helps, but doesn't totally alleviate the problem.

It's true, it can happen in any room on any ship. What's important is how they respond. Did you go to customer service, what did they say or offer in compensation?

maintainance,housekeeping,and called Guest Relations.Told NO other rooms,no offer of ANYTHING.

Happy that in 20 OTHER cruises,on other lines, have NEVER had this problem.So,it seems,Im LUCKY??

Would have done MORE IF it had been longer than 3 days.Sad because I was hoping to do a 12 day one later,but NOT NOW>so learned a lesson.

But,if this is SO COMMON,it wasnt dealt with well.:(

We had similar problems in another JS on Enchantment last year. We had excellent help from customer service. They worked on the plumbing again and again trying to fix it. Never did get it totally fixed but at least we only had the back up all over the floor once. We were on a 12 day cruise. We were given a very nice credit toward our next booking on RCI so I felt that was very fair.

Sorry you did not get treated like we did.

Yuck! I'd have been afraid to even use the tub once draining it caused after a back up or two. Maintenance came three times during a three night cruise, so your complaints certainly drew a response on board. I am sorry they did not get the problem fixed while you were on board.

Yuck! I'd have been afraid to even use the tub once draining it caused after a back up or two. Maintenance came three times during a three night cruise, so your complaints certainly drew a response on board. I am sorry they did not get the problem fixed while you were on board.

just drain the tub VERY SLOWLY, so it wouldnt back up ON FLOOR from drain there.Also, its an "old 17 yr.ship and stuff happens" essentially.

Have NOT heard back re my complaint email,but doubt even with a cruise credit I d go back again.:mad:

Sorry that you had that misfortune. I was on Enchantment a couple of weeks ago in cabin 8600. I don't think that avoidance of your particular stateroom would be the answer, as sewer smells could occur in ANY cabin on ANY floor. Maybe Royal could have compensated you better; some OBC or a percentage off your next cruise? I'm eager to know what their response to you will be, if any. :confused:

Sorry that you had that misfortune. I was on Enchantment a couple of weeks ago in cabin 8600. I don't think that avoidance of your particular stateroom would be the answer, as sewer smells could occur in ANY cabin on ANY floor. Maybe Royal could have compensated you better; some OBC or a percentage off your next cruise? I'm eager to know what their response to you will be, if any. :confused:

But this was even more,the floor drain backed up all over bathroom and even spilled in stateroom when tub drained.Not just clean water either.

Had to call housekeeping to sanitize whole thing,could NOT BE HEALTHY to smell,contact,etc. Will let everyone know when or if I get some reply.Had to ask repeatedly for clean towels as ours ended up on floor to mop it up.YUCK>:mad:

ex. to get form email saying they received mine and will respond in "order they were received".Must be a LOT of them. I keep checking.;)

Perhaps some of the service agents' attention has been diverted to assisting Granduer passengers.

Glad you stayed healthy.

Perhaps some of the service agents' attention has been diverted to assisting Granduer passengers.

Glad you stayed healthy.

when in cabin for long periods ,esp.at nite,even with balcony door open and bathroom door shut.But probably just from odor,did ask (and NEVER received) a deodorizing spray.

Yes, guess your right.The fire will have prededence over our complaint.

Just sad,as I said,WAS planning on taking a 12 nite cruise on same ship next yr.and NOW WON T.

OP I'm really sorry that your first cruise on Royal was so yucky. I've found that I get better response sending a "snail mail" letter than when I send an email. Perhaps you could write to Adam Goldstein

will wait a few days,then do as you say.Do you or others know if Royal also is associated with a luxury line?If,and only an assumption,i get any OBC perhaps I could apply to that ship?:confused:

If RC gives you a credit for a future cruise, it must be used on Royal Caribbean.

will wait a few days,then do as you say.Do you or others know if Royal also is associated with a luxury line?If,and only an assumption,i get any OBC perhaps I could apply to that ship?:confused:

I believe Azamara is the most upscale cruiseline under the Royal Caribbean's corporate umbrella. I have not sailed Azamara, but I would think one would consider it a luxury line. Celebrity is perhaps second most luxurious under that corporate umbrella, though I am not very familiar with all their lines, especially the one's concentrating on international markets. If you do get some future credit for any Royal Caribbean cruise mishaps, I am not sure that it would apply on only onRoyal Caribbean itself or if would also be other cruiselines under the corporate umbrella. You can ask if they make an offer.

First... we have... William Shatner lady... posting.

NOW we hv. random abbreviation and RANDOM uppercase words prsn.

Both are from Florida. :eek:

we nd. GRAMMER lessons on the brds DO we?? Is IT a FL pblm?

since I had NOT received any response to my original email complaint after 2 wks.I emailed AGAIN and got the response"any follow up emails would delay future contact re.first email".Not exact quote,but similar.

Wonder if anyone out there has ever received a satisfactory response from customer service,via email?I DID call and was told "taken in order of receipt".

It s very sad that even a form letter of apology could not be sent.But to ignore complaints completely,poor service IMHO.:(

Curious SINCE u do not plan to sail with RCI anymore WHY,you are SO concerned 'bout email rspnc,??

I don t plan on a future cruise.Second, customer service should be responsive to complaints.That s their job.Third,hoped to get some OBC that I could transfer to my son. He s going on Liberty in Nov.and recommended RCL in first place.

Sorry,but I spent 3 miserable days on ship and paid almost $2,000 for it.Don t you think the cruiseline should be aware of it?and offer some form of compensation or response.?:confused:

I don t plan on a future cruise.Second, customer service should be responsive to complaints.That s their job.Third,hoped to get some OBC that I could transfer to my son. He s going on Liberty in Nov.and recommended RCL in first place.

Sorry,but I spent 3 miserable days on ship and paid almost $2,000 for it.Don t you think the cruiseline should be aware of it?and offer some form of compensation or response.?:confused:

Yes, cruise LINE shld be aware,but much easier to adrs THIS onboard the ship.Also,,OBC cannot BE trnsf to anthr PERSON.,.Wld only be GOOD for you on another RCI ship. Why did YOU not spk with an officer WHILE on ship.? Alittle comp. wld be GOOD if u planned to sail again w RCI,,but since you WONT sail with them I donot see pt. of compensation.?

Archived