New Breakfast Cabin Menu

New Breakfast Cabin Menu (from Crew News - June 1, 2013)

Preferred Time Frame

6 AM - 6:30 AM; 6:30 - 7 AM; 7 AM - 7:30 AM; 7:30 AM - 8 AM; 8 AM - 8:30 AM; 8:30 AM - 9 AM; 9 AM - 9:30 AM; 9:30 AM - 10 AM

Juices

Grapefruit; Orange:; Cranberry; V-8; Prune, Tomato

Fresh Fruit & Yogurt

Half Grapefruit; Sliced Bananas; Sliced Oranges; Mixed Fruit; Seasonal Melons; Stewed Prunes; Plain Yogurt; Fruit Yogurt; Greek Yogurt

Bakery

English Muffin(1); White Toast(2); Wheat Toast(2); Rye Toast(2); Danish(1); Croissant(2); Blueberry Muffin(1); Bran Muffin(1); Bagel (1)

Cereals

Corn Flakes; Special K; Cheerios; Raisin Bran; Granola; Fruit Loops; Frosted Flakes; Rice Krispies; Shredded Wheat

With: Milk; 2% Milk; Skim Milk; Soy Milk

Two Eggs

Scrambled; Sunnyside Up; Over Easy; Poached; Hard Boiled

Omelettes

Cheese; Ham & Cheese; Vegetable & Cheese

Egg Substitute

Scrambled; Cheese Omelette; Vegetable & Cheese Omelette

Egg White

Scrambles; Cheese Omelette; Vegetable & Cheese Omelette

Sides

Ham Slices(2); Sausage Links(2); Bacon Strips(2); Veggie Links(2); Turkey Links(2); Turkey Bacon(2)

Condiments

Assorted Jams; Half & Half; Honey; Butter; Margarine; Cream Cheese; Peanut Butter; Ketchup; Tabasco; Nutella; Orange Marmalade

Beverages

Regular Coffee; Decaf Coffee; Tea; Decaf Tea; Hot Chocolate; Milk; 2% Milk; Skim Milk; Soy Milk

If you can wait until the main dining room opens -- usually 7:30 on port days and 8 on sea days, you can write in anything you want like Eggs Benedict. Waffles, Chocolate croissants, etc.

We rarely have room service breakfast these days but that menu doesn't look much different from what we've always had, is it?

There certainly is plenty on it from which to choose IMO

I'm happy. They didn't have the veggie cheese omelet previously, which is my favorite. We are so lucky HAL still does a hot room service breakfast. I thought the new one would be pared down, like on Princess. We always use the service on tour days!

Here is the previous Room Service Breakfast Menu.

I see they have added soy milk to the new one. I use soy milk so happy to see that.

They also have added eggs cooked more ways though we always were able to write that in on this old menu.

Cabin Breakfast Menu

Preferred Time Frame

6 AM - 6:30 AM 7 AM - 7:30 AM 8 AM - 8:30 AM 9 AM - 9:30 AM

6:30 AM - 7 AM 7:30 AM - 8 AM 8:30 AM - 9 AM 9:30 AM - 10 AM

Juices

Grapefruit; Orange:; Cranberry; V-8; Prune, Tomato

Fresh Fruit

Half Grapefruit; Sliced Bananas; Diced Oranges; Mixed Fruit; Seasonal Melons; Stewed Prunes

Low Fat Yogurt

Plain; Fruit

Breads

English Muffin; White Toast; Wheat Toast; Rye Toast; Danish; Croissant; Blueberry Muffin; Bran Muffin; Bagel

Preserves

Assorted Jams; Marmalade; Honey; Butter; Margarine; Cream Cheese

Cereals

Corn Flakes; Special K; Mueslix; Raisin Bran; Granola; Fruit Loops; Frosted Flakes; Rice Krispies; Shredded Wheat

With: Milk; 2% Milk; Skim Milk

Eggs & Meats

Two Eggs: Scrambled or sunnyside up or over easy

Omelet: With Cheese or With Ham and Cheese

Eggbeaters: Scrambled or Omelet with Cheese or Omelet with Ham and Cheese

Meat: Ham or Sausage or Bacon

Beverages

Regular Coffee; Decaf Coffee; Tea; Hot Chocolate; Milk; 2% Milk; Skim Milk; Half & Half

Ithink it is great there are MORE things on the menu than previously.

Far better IMO they are adding choices rather than taking some away, as they could have done.

I like to do room service when I'm going on an early shorex. That way I can get ready and eat at the same time.

I do this too. That way, I don't have to get up quite as early and then have to be concerned if the Lido is busy so that I am delayed.

Menu looks good! Thanks for posting it, KK.

I have never tried room service. As a solo traveler I like to get out and talk with people. The breakfast menu looks yummy.

I travel solo too but I like room service on an excursion day with an early start. Then I can eat and run. Otherwise I like to be with people too in Main DR or Lido for breakfast and chat.

We gave up room service a long time ago.

When we needed it -- no meal ever came -- we called -- concierges called. Nothing.

One time it was really bad as the ship was in Code Red. They wanted to get everyone off the ship as quickly as possible for a deep cleaning. So the Pinnacle was closed as all the help there had to deal with a ton of wheelchair people. Since we were taking a HAL bus from Vancouver to Seattle, we wanted a good breakfast. No food arrived bhy the time we were to report to a certain lounge at 8 AM. Lido was closing down and there was very little left in the Neptune Lounge. We had ordered breakfast for 6 AM!!

We usually choose to order breakfast from room service on early port days and on disembarkation days. I like the new choices and, IMO, what sets HAL apart is their commitment to service, which includes offering Room Service. I can count on one hand the number of times that the order was incorrect, or delivered other than when we requested.

We rarely have room service breakfast these days but that menu doesn't look much different from what we've always had, is it?

There certainly is plenty on it from which to choose IMO

The layout is also different and appears easier to see what you are checking and how many you are ordering.

You can see the actual menu here: http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Room-Service-Breakfast-Menu.pdf

Joanie

I kept waiting for Joanie's husband to start a thread -- knew that some of you would be interested in the additions.

I figured that some of you missed his link from their recent cruise.

Yonnie, I keep telling him he needs to start a thread and he just says, "yeah, Yeah..."

I feel that I would be stealing his thunder if I were to start the thread. So I am SO THANKFUL that YOU did it and not I!! THANK YOU!!!!

Joanie

I like to do room service when I'm going on an early shorex. That way I can get ready and eat at the same time.

And it is a great wake-up call too :) I too prefer this on port days with early excursions.

We gave up room service a long time ago.

When we needed it -- no meal ever came -- we called -- concierges called. Nothing.

One time it was really bad as the ship was in Code Red. They wanted to get everyone off the ship as quickly as possible for a deep cleaning. So the Pinnacle was closed as all the help there had to deal with a ton of wheelchair people. Since we were taking a HAL bus from Vancouver to Seattle, we wanted a good breakfast. No food arrived bhy the time we were to report to a certain lounge at 8 AM. Lido was closing down and there was very little left in the Neptune Lounge. We had ordered breakfast for 6 AM!!

That's too bad. We have had pretty good service and only once (on our last cruise) did we not get out breakfasts delivered (they never collected the order hanging on the door and we put it out by midnight). Now there were a few cruises where they did not get everything correct but we did not mind too much and enjoyed what we got; the fun of surprise: what will we have for breakfast today?!

Archived