New Breakfast Cabin Menu

Yonnie, I keep telling him he needs to start a thread and he just says, "yeah, Yeah..."

I feel that I would be stealing his thunder if I were to start the thread. So I am SO THANKFUL that YOU did it and not I!! THANK YOU!!!!

Joanie

I kept waiting and waiting.

His "name" will remain in the title whenever I have to give the menu to anyone.

You are welcome.

And it is a great wake-up call too :) I too prefer this on port days with early excursions.

I get up and get dressed because I feel weird standing there in my jammies. If they are really lucky I might have some makeup on too:D.

Wrote in waffles with strawberries and got two waffles and two bowls of fresh strawberries. I think adding "strawberry sauce" will get you what you really want. Don't forget to also write in "whipped cream" and "syrup" if you wish. "Chocolate syrup and whipped cream" is also a nice write-in for your waffles.

Also don't forget to write in "empty glass" unless you drink your milk from the carton.

Order an extra yoghurt for a mid-morning snack.

The egg-white veggie omelets are quite good and now you can add a check mark by the "ketchup."

Love the write-in "chocolate croissants."

Good eating.

I like to do room service when I'm going on an early shorex. That way I can get ready and eat at the same time.

So do I. Otherwise I have to get up even earlier so I can be dressed to have breakfast in the MDR or Lido. DH had to be convinced, but once he realized he could sleep a little later, he's enjoying it too. Plus it seems like we always pick early shore excursions!

I get up and get dressed because I feel weird standing there in my jammies. If they are really lucky I might have some makeup on too:D.

I think they are just happy if people are clothed! I just trow on a robe and open the door. Yes, I do tie the robe belt ;)

Can you only get the egg white omelet as veggies AND cheese? Can you write in just veggies, no cheese, or do you have to wait until the MDR is open? We don't eat cheese....

I am sure it will be fine if you write in NO CHEESE.

I didn't see mueslix (sp).

Yes, I enjoy the additions, but the morning muesli would be nice. As others have said, the room service is a real help with early shorex. Sometimes it arrives before the wakeup call.

Wow! Thanks for posting the menu. This is another reason to look forward to our first HAL cruise come January 2014. Celebrity has a poached egg station serving at least 6 styles, but having poached eggs or waffles for room service is really appealing.

-Rose

Wrote in waffles with strawberries and got two waffles and two bowls of fresh strawberries. I think adding "strawberry sauce" will get you what you really want. Don't forget to also write in "whipped cream" and "syrup" if you wish. "Chocolate syrup and whipped cream" is also a nice write-in for your waffles.

Also don't forget to write in "empty glass" unless you drink your milk from the carton.

Order an extra yoghurt for a mid-morning snack.

The egg-white veggie omelets are quite good and now you can add a check mark by the "ketchup."

Love the write-in "chocolate croissants."

Good eating.

Now THIS is what i am talking about! No hot breakfast room service on tomorrows cruise, its ok it was CHEAP lol.

Thanks for the New Menu! We always order Room Service Breakfast...we have had some minor glitches over the years, but overall have been happy. We order early, that way if it didn't come we could call.

I like the new healthy additions!

Karen

I love room service. I travel solo and have it daily. I have it delivered early, and I get my caffine fix at the start of the day. Since, I have room service daily, and I am on longer cruises, I don't seem to have any problems.

On those days when I want breakfast super early, prior to 6am, I mention it to the room service person (I have the same person everyday) the day before, and in those cases he is at my door prior to 6am. Also, if I forget to put in something from my normal request, it is on my tray.

Needless to say I love breakfast room service.

in almost 40 hal cruises, i have NEVER had a problem with room service, and to note breakfast. but, you MUST be specific, salt/pepper, extra butter, cream cheese, and on and on. they only deliver what you ask for, and it is ALWAYS wonderful. these folks can't read minds. same for dinner. extra mayo for that club? got to order it. they will bring it. they don't know you, princess, from, well, you know.

<snip>

On those days when I want breakfast super early, prior to 6am, I mention it to the room service person (I have the same person everyday) the day before, and in those cases he is at my door prior to 6am. Also, if I forget to put in something from my normal request, it is on my tray.

Needless to say I love breakfast room service.

That is the wonder service we almost always have on HAL ships. It's fantastic, most of the time. :) And we GREATLY appreciate it.

We order room service breakfast often and have not had any problems. I order oatmeal and write in raisins and it comes hot. DH orders egg white omlettes and never has had a complaint. The OJ from room service is not as good as that in the Lido, but I don't like the hustle and bustle of the Lido early in the morning. I need some quiet time and room service provides that. We always have our tip out and ready the night before.

We always order coffee and that is our wake-up call. It is + or - of 15 minutes of the time we put on the card, usually early. But like "dr dawg" said, you have to be specific - is the coffee for 1 or 2? check off whether milk, nonfat milk, cream, sugar, sugar substitute etc.

If you add croissant, check off butter and jam or better yet, write in chocolate croissant. The sliced melon plate is beautiful.

This gets us started with our caffeine fix while we get ready for our real breakfast in the MDR or Lido. If they had coffee makers in the rooms like hotels, it wouldn't be as elegant - packaged creamer, no real silver, no cloth napkins, or the cute little flower vase. I put the flowers on the desk and the steward lets me keep it until they die, but then I get a new one every day!

I hate it when I get home and have to make my own coffee.

Archived