Coral Princess Sewer Smell

Stentplacer

Hi,

I recently cruised aboard the Coral Princess from Los Angeles to Vancouver (May 10-14, 2016). I really liked this ship and did not notice a problem regarding a sewer smell.

Chuck

We were on the cruise prior (Panama Canal, FLL to LA) and have to say ditto, no smell that we noticed.

Anytime a sealed, vacuum sewer system is opened for service, usually to remove an item that a passenger flushed, there will be a smell involved. This goes for any ship, any line.

If you smell it, you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Happens all the time. For what it's worth, I don't remember smelling anything on the Coral, but I do smell it from time to time on other ships.

On Coral now. No sewer smell other than one time near a public bathroom, but all sorts of issues on Baja deck with water leaks and electrical problems. Our cabin B622 didn't have hot water for 3 days and now is still acting up. Will do a full report when I get home but now have to go enjoy a lovely day in Ketchikan.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Edited by Cruzin-K

I noticed a faint sewer smell when we were on the Coral in late February but on our trip earlier this month the smell was only strong in the public bathrooms on Plaza and Fiesta decks. On our earlier cruise the bathroom doors were propped open but they were shut on our more recent cruise. Thinking they figured out they would keep that nasty smell contained so passengers would only have to endure it for a short time.