Transportation from Seattle Sea-Tac air port to cruise ship

esper10

Too bad Royal doesn't port at Pier 66 (in the beginning they used to - I have pictures taken from my office building of Rhapsody in port every Friday during the summer). My DH built the cruise terminal at Pier 66 and it's right downtown Seattle instead of north of Seattle in the industrial piers.

on seattle tripadvisor forum on top right is a whole list of options but here you go:

speedishuttleseattle.com

shuttleexpress.com

flatrateforhire.com

A lot depends on how many people, how much luggage etc and you don't mention any of these factors which would help give you advise.

What is the best economic way to get to cruise ship pier 66 from Seattle Sea-Tac air port and back from the port to the airport? Thanks

I used Seattle Express shuttle from SeaTac to pier and then from pier back to airport. Price was $12 each way. They do accept credit cards but if you do pay this way, the receipt is hand written as was done in the 1970s. I paid with cash for a faster transaction. Both shuttles did not have air conditioning. Easy drop off at pier. Was told where to find shuttle back to airport, same general area but it was a different location than the drop off point. At the airport, there was only one stop for all passengers to exit from the shuttle.

If you do use Seattle Express, check their website as they do stop at hotels in the SeaTac area that they have contracted with. If you are at one of those hotels, you will wait in the lobby. If your hotel is not on their pick up list, you would have to wait at SeaTac.

Just a heads up on my experience with Shuttle Express. Fine from airport to pier, but not the other way.

From the pier you will wait. They will not be there until called and it will be at least 30 minutes. I always had the assumption that there was always a shuttle at the pier and it would leave when full. Not!!!

We were a group of 14 and found our way to the company booth at the end of the drop off area. Were told to call and reserve our transportation to the airport. Would be at least a 30 minute wait. We did so and waited 40 minutes and then said screw this. Cancelled. We got in 2 taxis and immediately left. Would never even entertain using the company again. People that had reserved before the cruise were still waiting when we left even though they were ahead of us.

We used Already There Towncar service to get from the airport to our hotel. We looked at using the Carnival transfers, but it would have been about $90 for the 3 of us (I think it was $29/person). Instead, the car service was $50, plus tip. We had it reserved for 10:00 a.m., but we were off the ship by 9. So we called them and they had a car there within 5 minutes.

https://alreadytheretowncar.com/

Just a heads up on my experience with Shuttle Express. Fine from airport to pier, but not the other way.

From the pier you will wait. They will not be there until called and it will be at least 30 minutes. I always had the assumption that there was always a shuttle at the pier and it would leave when full. Not!!!

We were a group of 14 and found our way to the company booth at the end of the drop off area. Were told to call and reserve our transportation to the airport. Would be at least a 30 minute wait. We did so and waited 40 minutes and then said screw this. Cancelled. We got in 2 taxis and immediately left. Would never even entertain using the company again. People that had reserved before the cruise were still waiting when we left even though they were ahead of us.

Shuttle Express works great. If you had a group of 14 for gods sake why wouldn't you pre reserve an exclusive van? Why would you pay 14 X $20 or whatever when an exclusive would be less. I understand your complaint but honestly there aren't a lot of empty mini buses sitting around hoping some group shows up and reserves it that second? Two cabs seems wrong for 14 pax with cruise luggage. I'd think there is more to this story other than being totally unprepared.

Shuttle Express works great. If you had a group of 14 for gods sake why wouldn't you pre reserve an exclusive van? Why would you pay 14 X $20 or whatever when an exclusive would be less. I understand your complaint but honestly there aren't a lot of empty mini buses sitting around hoping some group shows up and reserves it that second? Two cabs seems wrong for 14 pax with cruise luggage. I'd think there is more to this story other than being totally unprepared.

Especially that most taxis in Seattle are Prius.

We used Seattle Express in May. I reserved spaces in advance and it picked us up at the back door of the Doubletree at SeaTac. I was pleases with the price and service.

Roz

They had 14 in 2 taxis, it was Alvin and the Chipmunks with the Chippettes. They were doing the sequel to "Chipwrecked."

Exclusive van from that company? No way! By the way we did get a quote of $270. Some savings, LOL. We'd still end up waiting because they don't come until called.

We took 2 taxi vans because we only had carryons

Edited by cruisinfanatic