Club class dining

OzKruser

Hi OzKruser,

Thanks for taking questions.

Does anyone share tables with other people in club class they are not travelling with. Like when you go to anytime dining you are asked would you like to share.

We enjoy the social aspect of cruising and would miss table mates.

Have a great 2 cruises.

Hi All

I will try to answer as many questions as I can

The tables are generally smaller for 4-6 and you don't get asked to share.

The dining room where this is held has two entrances so they dedicate one entrance for this purpose. Whilst the rest of the dining room is anytime dining, we were told to go to club class at our designated dining time as we had traditional dining early sitting. I don't think this is correct as most people just turn up any time but it has worked for us nonetheless.

Didn't notice queues for ATD as it was at the other entrance.

In terms of service, its still the great main dining room service we all love but probably fewer tables per wait staff.

You can go to club class dining breakfast, lunch (on sea days) and dinner regardless of your assigned dining room. They check your cruise card at the door.

An extra benefit is that every night, in addition to the normal menu, they offer an additional menu item made right there in the dining room, normally a pasta or special salad. These have been great and having another item to choose from has been good. They also have a 'special' menu item, another additional item but not made table side.

In terms of number of tables set aside for CC, I would estimate 15 or so? It was hard to see where it ended and regular dining began

Hope this helps, please ask any more questions if you like

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

2. Did you notice any significant queues for ATD and at generally what time was that ?

Thanks

Since I have no intention of buying into Club Class dining this is the most important question that has to be addressed.

How does Club Class dining affect the wait times of everyone else? I'm not sure the OP can answer that since they're dining isn't affected in any way.

ie. separate entrance, special table each evening, same waiters.

Since I have no intention of buying into Club Class dining this is the most important question that has to be addressed.

How does Club Class dining affect the wait times of everyone else? I'm not sure the OP can answer that since they're dining isn't affected in any way.

ie. separate entrance, special table each evening, same waiters.

Any info on how many seats from ATD were allocated to CC?

...You can go to club class dining breakfast, lunch (on sea days) and dinner regardless of your assigned dining room...

I guess I am a bit confused by this. Are you assigned to a regular dining room like the non-Club Class pax, but still go to the Club Class DR anyway?

I am also wondering if a higher % of Club Class tables are window/ocean-view than in the non-Club Class area?

Thanks for taking our questions :)!

Hi All

I will try to answer as many questions as I can

The tables are generally smaller for 4-6 and you don't get asked to share.

Thanks OzKruzer for being so lovely and taking time out of your holiday to reply.

I appreciate it.

I guess I am a bit confused by this. Are you assigned to a regular dining room like the non-Club Class pax, but still go to the Club Class DR anyway?

I am also wondering if a higher % of Club Class tables are window/ocean-view than in the non-Club Class area?

Thanks for taking our questions :)!

Sorry I might not have been very clear, with your booking you are assigned a table for traditional dining (if that's what you dejected) or you are assigned anytime dining if you selected this option. Going to club class is in addition to your assigned dining option.

In fact in our cruise, we went to our traditional dining table once and then decided to go to club class and never went back. Then we got a call from passenger services asking us if we were going to stick with club class and if we were ok to give up our traditional dining early seating table in the other restaurant as they had a number of requests for this table.

We were happy to let it go as it wouldn't have been fair to retain it if we weren't going.

However if you choose to use both you can go to your assigned dining room and alternate with club class dining room also.

Sorry I might not have been very clear, with your booking you are assigned a table for traditional dining (if that's what you dejected) or you are assigned anytime dining if you selected this option. Going to club class is in addition to your assigned dining option.

In fact in our cruise, we went to our traditional dining table once and then decided to go to club class and never went back. Then we got a call from passenger services asking us if we were going to stick with club class and if we were ok to give up our traditional dining early seating table in the other restaurant as they had a number of requests for this table.

We were happy to let it go as it wouldn't have been fair to retain it if we weren't going.

However if you choose to use both you can go to your assigned dining room and alternate with club class dining room also.

Only a few window tables

Thank you so much for your responses, however I would still like to know if after your CC experience would you pay extra to have it again on a future cruise?

Also.....were there tables for two available?

Not sure I would pay extra just for club class, we generally pay extra because we want a mini or a suite but it's nice to have club class included as another dining option

I probably wouldn't book a club class mini suite to get this, can't remember what the other benefits are but if the price is markedly higher, I am not sure I would pay for it but it's a nice addition if you are in a suite or get a club class mini at a really good price

my daughter and her husband will be club class. can my husband and I dinewith her in club class

Sorry, No they can NOT! Several posters have discussed this issue. If you want to dine together, all of you will have to use regular traditional dinning or ATD.

Hope this helps:

Happy Cruising