Parking at vs. near the port of Miami

Twinmom1

Most of the posts I've seen relate to offsite parking where people are spending the night at a hotel nearby that offers shuttle service. I'm wondering if anyone can comment on any offsite options for the general public to park? A Shuttle isn't important because a cab will run less than $20. Can anyone comment on security, covered options, price etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My experiences with off site parking for POM were BAD.

The port is downtown and parking is expensive - I worked downtown and paid plenty to park. IME the offsites were in temporary lots ... land cleared pending reconstruction.

I park at the port in Miami.

There are a couple of well organized off site parking options near Port Everglades; you could leave your car there for under $10/day and use a shared shuttle/Uber to get to/from POM.

IMHO you are better off parking at POM - covered, convenient and secure. Off site Miami lots are unlikely to be covered, for sure will not be as convenient, and will be much less secure. I have yet to see a post from a Miami local who suggested parking anywhere but POM

It's your car - do you feel lucky? :o

Most secure would be at the port itself.

I haven't used, but some have mentioned ParknGo.

There's FLL too.

OOPS sorry. I reread topic and see you are talking POM. For sure do your research as some low cost options aren't very secure and in unsafe areas of town. I agree the port is the best choice if interested in safety and convenience.

Looking at costs, compare what the room and parking rate would be at la Quinta East, a popular place with cruisers looking for moderate stays. Or the Hampton Inn in the Blue Lagoon area is known for better security. You might find the cost of parking at the port is comparable with a free parking package at a hotel. That will give you a nice rest after a drive ...from ???

OOPS sorry. I reread topic and see you are talking POM. For sure do your research as some low cost options aren't very secure and in unsafe areas of town. I agree the port is the best choice if interested in safety and convenience.

Looking at costs, compare what the room and parking rate would be at la Quinta East, a popular place with cruisers looking for moderate stays. Or the Hampton Inn in the Blue Lagoon area is known for better security. You might find the cost of parking at the port is comparable with a free parking package at a hotel. That will give you a nice rest after a drive ...from ???

From Coral Springs. Lol. About an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 7 months later...
As many posters have said the best parking for POM is the port itself. Saving a few dollars parking elsewhere has its risks.

How far is it to our ship from the parking garage? We are sailing on Carnival Glory in December. Are there shuttles from the parking to our ship? Is it possible to make a reservation to park?

Thanks.

How far is it to our ship from the parking garage? We are sailing on Carnival Glory in December. Are there shuttles from the parking to our ship? Is it possible to make a reservation to park?

Thanks.

Literally across the street from the terminals. Sometimes you might walk 3-mins. Its right there. There is no shuttle I know of, because its so close.

As for reservations, I don't think there are. As long as you get there on-time you will be fine. The worst I have seen was getting to the port at 2:00pm for a 3:30pm last call and we had to park on the top floor that was out doors.

Thanks.

You can't make a reservation.

As mentioned you can park right across the street. Very easy.

Keith

We are planning on parking at POM for our cruise, but I was curious:

1. Is there plenty of parking? I believe there are 7 ships going out the same day as our cruise.

2. Is it one big garage, or do they have different garages for different terminals? Have never sailed out of POM, and not sure if it is spread out like PC or not. We are sailing on RCI Navigator if it makes a difference.

Thanks,