Connecting door on Solstice: Noise problem?

Am looking at an outside cabin on Solstice that has a connecting door. How soundproof are these doors?

I've answered on your other thread, but if you're referring to a balcony cabin, the connecting doors are outside in the vestibule on S class ships (except Reflection) and not in the actual cabin. Do a search and there are photos available here on CC (I can't post my pics since Photobucket changed its terms ;)).

This is them if you had booked and wanted them connected:

0b2e1682b5f1b3dfd734569dd506bba9.jpg

As you can see, the outer doors are now closed and the vestibule hallway is inside, making a perfect solution for families. The doors stay open, as in my previous post, if the cabins are booked by different individuals (as in your case).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

a33a46fb7b021bfaa67ecf4aca9805aa.jpg

Here you go.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is a perfect representation of the S class connecting cabins. Somebody was really thinking when they came up with this idea! The only negative ... and it is small ... is that if you are on the right side, that door handle on the outer doors sticks out just enough that my arm was bruised throughout the entire cruise. Just be careful and don't be a klutz like me running into it all the time. :D

Wow, Villauk, that was a good complete answer. However, I'm looking at an oceanview cabin and the deck plan shows a bar between the 2 rooms. I always thought that meant a door or double door.

On all the S class ships except Reflection the vestibule area is how they do the connecting rooms, not a door in the side wall of each room.

This is a perfect representation of the S class connecting cabins. Somebody was really thinking when they came up with this idea! The only negative ... and it is small ... is that if you are on the right side, that door handle on the outer doors sticks out just enough that my arm was bruised throughout the entire cruise. Just be careful and don't be a klutz like me running into it all the time. :D

There is another downside to this design and I've fallen foul of it a few times. If you have a door slammer in that cabin next to you there is no wall as sound insulation and they might as well be slamming your cabin door. It's an aspect of the S-Class ships that I really dislike.

Phil

There is another downside to this design and I've fallen foul of it a few times. If you have a door slammer in that cabin next to you there is no wall as sound insulation and they might as well be slamming your cabin door. It's an aspect of the S-Class ships that I really dislike.

Phil

Very true Phil. We are very careful to hold onto the handle to slow the door down so it doesn't slam.

Phil

I mentioned a similar concern here a while back, but got pooh poohed...I (fortunately) did not have a door slammer, but found it spooky when the other door was being opened.

The sound of the key being inserted, the lock unlatching, and the door opening so close to my space was jarring - Sounded like someone was coming into my cabin each time.

I got used to it, but was never comfortable with it.

I agree, for me, it is one of the very few downsides to the S Class.

The 3 of us can all be next to each other......Would be nice if all were like us.:D

Hee hee! Yes it would. I think someone up there must have been listening to me. I just booked an inside GTY (brave for me to do a GTY) for next year's Hawaii cruise on Solstice and they've allocated me 8148 which is in an odd position, but has no next door cabin. Fingers crossed it's OK in other respects.

Phil

Hee hee! Yes it would. I think someone up there must have been listening to me. I just booked an inside GTY (brave for me to do a GTY) for next year's Hawaii cruise on Solstice and they've allocated me 8148 which is in an odd position, but has no next door cabin. Fingers crossed it's OK in other respects.

Phil

Great job Phil. Should be a wonderful cruise.

Phyllis

Thanks for the heads up. We have one of these cabins next year on Solstice, and yes, n the right hand side. Perhaps I will leave all the door opening to hubby and he can gave the bruises.....lol