O'Sheehan's Menus 2017-18 ed. w photos + Breakfast & MDR Lunch (continued)

mking8288

Here we go - this is a continuation of an old 2013 thread - inactive but restarted - URL source/CC link is here < click it to read >

Here's the "old" O'Sheehan's menu from 2012:

Gem2012-BlueLagoon-S255.jpg?dl=0

I will toss in menus from 2017 for now with food pictures ... not responsible for triggering any food hunger and urge to rush onboard the next NCL ship sailing, etc. Please feel free to add, comment & post more pictures if you have them, as I go thru some of our old collections of these "comfort" food images ... time to stir up the pot here for some of the NCL addicts out there. It's lunch time here in NY, what is good to eat & choose from.

Please note, suggesting the scope of what is being included here - let's keep the MDR Dinner Menus and Specialty Menus out from this thread. - feel free to start another one to cover those.

Variations among ships & difference will and had been reported. However, by & large, these are fairly consistent across the fleet - not that we've been on some of the ships yet.

Review of food items served, quality & how they looked, tasted & temperature, portion sizes, etc. are fairly personal and subject, let's try to keep it fair & meaningful ... and, there are dozens of threads about warm/cold lobster tails, just not helpful to hijack or sidetrack the (hopefully) useful sharing of practical info, that newbies to CC and NCL might be looking for.

With the Bliss being launched shortly, I am strictly speculating, guessing and wondering what, if any, will be changed and added (and lost, gone) to these menu items now being offered. Some will be missed and others, glad to see it go - IMHO, of course.

Post #2 is next - images uploading directly, those are usually smartphone & iPad/tablet friendly to read ... including 1 OSH Breakfast Menu. There is a late night/limited menu for OSH, can't seem to find ours at the moment (will post if ...)

f709f063c21d60ea63b952eb449eb8c9.jpg

Here are the 2017 OSH menu, available for most of the day.

0aa8978eb47108e4e278fd4cd599ca35.jpg

4b4f273e76e01391075409e7e09b8ed9.jpg

13a5556c0bf819b37194d66fd9c7a89f.jpg

These are some of our personal comfort food choices - yummy ! As always, food opinions are subject & personal in nature, YMMV.

5cf0930387d69ab7e56b4e952c49bd8b.jpg

Sent from my dual sim KIW-L24 Honor 5X using Tapatalk

Edited by mking8288

OSH does a hot breakfast daily, nice & big (except on disembarkation morning ... where you can get a limited Express Breakfast Menu in the MDR that's open ... I will post that later)

OSH's Breakfast Menu is here, not as nice as the MDR with much more options, but ...

Nice & quiet on the Gem, they bring the food out to you.

527458006ceefe9a2407563403c023f5.jpg

9988103c7cfec8eee906c903f2bc3898.jpg

3d7eca6f0ff552aa0eafd3dd011514c1.jpg

O'Sheehan's is so yummy! On our Christmas cruise, I feel like I went there constantly.

We tried 3 of the 4 wings, everything except BBQ & they were all delicious. The spinach & artichoke dip became a regular for us. The nachos were the kids favorites without jalapenos for them, with for us. That brownie cheesecake though...soooooo good!

We didn't get to try breakfast there but that's on our list for our June cruise.

Good thing I'm eating lunch MKing while you post food pictures.

We've pretty much liked the menu over the years even with the changes. Artichoke dip (DW eats) seems to have improved from a runny mess to not too bad. We've only had mozzarella sticks offered on the BA - seems not all ships carried them at the time before they were discontinued.

I also liked just the plain, grilled chicken breast. It was always good - just loose the top bun as too much bread. But we also liked the newer items like chicken or steak fajitas and the reuben. Haven't tried the chili dogs as I find it hard to go low when on a cruise although I did track down the hot dog cart on the BA when we were on at the same time.

Good thing I'm eating lunch MKing while you post food pictures. We've pretty much liked the menu over the years even with the changes ...
Are you sure, haha ?

Here are some from older days.

Chef's Salad

f86663728fbe8b5a04beb51f18a0fcaf.jpg

Grilled Chicken Breast on a Bun

4850be550716776afcd1c96f450f63dc.jpg

Hot Wings

6d66009c85f88a04b7976db0c860f8b7.jpg

Fish & Chips

43832bd8a299eb1890e0ce8d43122c87.jpg

Chicken Pot Pie - most definitely gone, for sure !!

67a767463c0c1fee35b7b52bc027d2f9.jpg

Edited by mking8288

Thank you for posting this. We are sailing on the BA in April (transatlantic) and I know we'll spend lots of time here. On the Jewel, Dec '16, this actually turned into our favorite breakfast place. Yes, slightly smaller selection than MDR, but there was still plenty. And it was a well kept secret...never more than half full. Decent service and fairly quiet, even though it was right near the Centrum. And getting a late night snack after a bit of drinking...VERY much appreciated. We mostly sail RCCL, but one thing NCL has all over RCCL is the 24 hour joint. Getting a burger at 2am is the height of decadence!

Yum! . Though every time I see that menu I want to shouting “The relish on a Chicago Style Hot Dog is NOT sweet”.

Lol! I think I was scarred for life by a place that opened up when I was a kid that had the audacity to not just put sweet relish on the dogs here but also ketchup. Um no. Just no. ( The place ended up closing super fast and my parents were more carful to only take me to places after that where they actually refuse to put the ketchup ( for the fries) on your hotdog!

Breakfast is important to us, and so much nicer skipping the buffet ... few of us need to pile 2,000 calories in the morning. Majority aren't in Haven and face it, room service without a carted table & white cloth, just eating in one's lap on a stool (unless you have an unoccupied sofa.) IMHO, this is where one should go ... with kids & young children, a bit challenged ... head for the MDR that's open or OSH. Sometimes, depending on the ship, Moderno might be doing a complimentary buffet breakfast or the "Outdoors" with scaled down options.

Availability varies & I've heard that, it seemed, 2 of the non-mega ships aren't following everything closely or exactly. These menus posted aren't definitive, just a generalized guide on what to expect. Who knows - only the Executive Chef onboard the ship would know ... based on their provisioning and rotation of stocked items. Special dietary needs, gluten-free, etc. - speak up & alert them ahead with advanced notice, it's that simple so at least they get a chance to do it right as your "vacation hero".

Even for disembarkation morning, this is where you will find us ... and the Express limited breakfast menu, no Eggs Benedict, but plentiful. Why rush to get a ride, enjoy life.

Next, the MDR daily Lunch Menu ... boring to some.

Get creative if you are on the ship without land in sight for days.

314dfd732b61ec6d3dfc4e51e91803a3.jpg

e9ac100c093235ec8e99da7006a7da61.jpg

cb9bf8e6e35894e512249e0f4778554d.jpg

Express (Disembarkation Specials) MDR Breakfast Menu - 1 of 2

3cebd93886835a8e32dbf9fa72fd8c86.jpg

Express (Disembarkation Specials) MDR Breakfast Menu - 2 of 2

b6f7b35b555639175c985b7812c4948c.jpg

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

Lunch is often quiet on port days if you stay on the ship.

MDR daily Lunch Menu. Pictures ... looked pretty good too, right.

Just saw an email from NCL, last minute T/A on Breakaway in April for as low as $39 pp/pd

Salmon burger ... (didn't see it last time)

This was the salmon burger in the MDR, Cajun style, so good ... now, it's a grouper or just plain fish fillet on a bun. Still, a healthier choice.

c5206cad44633f16924299fb27439936.jpg

MDR daily Lunch Menu - 1 of 2

5efa4fec52f137cb74162c407d6927b5.jpg

MDR daily Lunch Menu - 2 of 2 (everyday, no rotation)

5ab1333fc9d47cfd103010576d0731f7.jpg

Pictures of the ones we ordered for Lunch (and, liked)

0ae4faddb7d078cc00e10d545524ed8e.jpg

Dessert, anyone ...

44694f988a28250795a0adb93f52beec.jpg

Edited by mking8288

Is it 24 hours? ... No takeout, right?

Just about, 24/7 ... it was 23 days a day in the "Blue Lagoon" days (on the Dawn ... and she's coming home to NYC again). Takeout, answer is usually officially a "no" - especially when the host/ess is looking. But, cough# cough#

... Loved it on the Star on the Oct. 2015 west-east TA and can't wait to revisit it on the Jade on the April east-west TA...

You are welcomed (and, everyone else ... no need to thank us) just sharing good old memories while I am moving our collection of pictures around to a different server at home & found some (more) old pix. We did the Star earlier than you, twice ... never did the Jade - any plans to do a write-up, let us all know, or, just do pictures ... worth a thousand words each, ya know. Happy & safe, smooth cruising ... it's the big Atlantic, right :halo:

Just about, 24/7 ... it was 23 days a day in the "Blue Lagoon" days (on the Dawn ... and she's coming home to NYC again). Takeout, answer is usually officially a "no" - especially when the host/ess is looking. But, cough# cough# :halo:

I certainly appreciate the pictures. Especially when I've never been before.

So the host/hostess might say something? Are there waiters?

I take it "some" people may walk off with their plate? I wonder if they can get away with that more than once? ;);););) After all, I'm sure the cabin steward would be happy to take care of the plates in exchange for a small monetary token of appreciation.

I certainly appreciate the pictures. Especially when I've never been before.

So the host/hostess might say something? Are there waiters?

I take it "some" people may walk off with their plate? I wonder if they can get away with that more than once? ;);););) After all, I'm sure the cabin steward would be happy to take care of the plates in exchange for a small monetary token of appreciation.

If you ask for takeout they will say no. You could always dine and dash but who knows what they'd do.

Are you sure, haha ?

Here are some from older days.

Chef's Salad

f86663728fbe8b5a04beb51f18a0fcaf.jpg

Grilled Chicken Breast on a Bun

4850be550716776afcd1c96f450f63dc.jpg

Hot Wings

6d66009c85f88a04b7976db0c860f8b7.jpg

Fish & Chips

43832bd8a299eb1890e0ce8d43122c87.jpg

Chicken Pot Pie - most definitely gone, for sure !!

67a767463c0c1fee35b7b52bc027d2f9.jpg

Yep, there it is - the chicken sandwich. DW has had the salad a couple times - o.k. by her. DW and kids have had fish and never really impressed in the old days but now say it is a bit better.

Never seen those type fancy plates - which ship was that on - one of the older ones like Sky or Sun?

Yep, there it is - the chicken sandwich ... Never seen those type fancy plates - which ship was that on - one of the older ones like Sky or Sun?
Had to be from older ships, we had similar colorful patterned ones in LeBistro a few years ago with the full setup, like they used to even in the MDR.

< These just don't look the same these days onboard ...

nevermind the taste & how it's prepared, even the "presentation" of how it look, subjective opinion, of course >

fd00ca6a5cd1a545b915bcc1b1fe652b.jpg

Edited by mking8288

This post has the Room Service menu sheets from 2016-17 with the service charge, except for the Complimentary Breakfast, Continental Style delivered 6:30 to 10 AM. Items offered might vary by specific ships - this is generalized for the "planners" only - subject to change without notice, etc. etc.

72b286c064fe93903aeb9db3b5f69a47.jpg

0deec5ad2247430cdb9acd613c36900e.jpg

Different variations of the Breakfast / full Room Service Order Forms

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ygp0gzcgd5su1ug/IMG_20160522_135118.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pef2um211wyp4ds/IMG_20160522_214732.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vkmtizp9v1y0y3w/IMG_20160522_214802.jpg?dl=0

Hot Breakfast items are not complimentary, and will result in one convenience (service) charge of $7.95, regardless of how many items are placed for delivery to one stateroom or cabin each time.

*** Footnote: be sure to order "extra" coffee as the insulated carafe has been downsized per "serving". There should be a "door hanger" to place breakfast orders outside your stateroom for AM morning delivery (if not, ask your Room Steward for them.)

O'Sheehan's serve up a full, hot breakfast (see menu several posts above) + juice, coffee/tea (and, milk) until 11 AM, it's complimentary ... For Bagels & Lox, you can still (hopefully) get them at the MDR for breakfast, or ask for them behind the chilled counter during the morning buffet hours. See that basket of baked goodies - ask for them as they no longer automatically offer or bring it out to each table at breakfast.

74c67cb7c8e561facbfecdda1b758b51.jpg

The All Day Room Service Menu, including Pizza, also has a one time convenience charge of $7.95. Like the hot breakfast charge, it is not tipping directly the person doing the delivery for her/his service; that is suggested & optional ... we carry dollar bills to use for that.

*** Will post an updated Dropbox link to these menus for CC'er who wish to download & save them to their own iPad, tablet or smartphone or iPhone, easier to zoom & read the fine details.

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

Hi all, I see many are asking for pics and menus on NCL cruise line. June 3, 2017 my daughter and I were on the Gem and took many pics. My daughter is known as canvasowl on cruise critics and you can see all the pics and menus at.........

Norwegian Gem Food Photos! June 3rd-10th 2017 (under my daughters screen name canvasowl I believe the menus are the same and no changes have been made.

ENJOY!!

Edited by ladyrizza
left out info.

We have an upcoming cruise on the Pearl from New Orleans. I read through a recent Dailies posting from a Pearl sailing last month from New Orleans and it showed "O'Sheean's Today's special PrimeRib! (Deck 8 Mid) 5:00pm to 9:00pm" on embarkation day.

I do not recall O'Sheean's doing a prime Rib special on previous sailings. Is this something new? We have a reservation in the mdr for embarkation day but we might prefer to go to O'Sheean's if the Prime Rib will be the same as the mdr offering.

Anyone know anything about this? tia

I

... pics and menus on NCL cruise line. June 3, 2017 my daughter and I were on the Gem and took many pics ... daughter ... as canvasowl on cruise critics and you can see all the pics and menus at.........

Norwegian Gem Food Photos! June 3rd-10th 2017 (under my daughters screen name canvasow ...)

ENJOY!!

(y) < Thumbs up > Much obliged, very much appreciated & welcomed - thanks, etc. for sharing, let's link them up together, make it easier for newbies to find & search, and reference them. These are much better & more current than some of the ones on Beyondships2 website - which, has, lots of other useful & practical info as well - eveyone should continue to reference it as another resource. Menu & picture links, as cited - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2509690&highlight=Norwegian+Gem+Food+Photos%21+June+3rd-10th+2017

Now, I am curous about the Norwegian Joy since it launched - haven't seen any menus, regular & special ones. Would be interesting & fun, just to see what they are serving in the MDR for breakfast & lunch ... which I understand, is a mix of popular, typical East & West items ... rice congee/porridge (for sure ... it's on the Breakaway, yes :p) but things like soy bean milk, scallion pancake & steamed plain buns, etc. :D Although, the Joy catered nearly exclusively to its mainland China-based clientele. Just came across a short Haven video review, non-English narration so not useful to most here on CC ... Tappanyaki wasn't selling out, it seemed - interesting, was 50% to 75% full, it seemed - that would be a "dream" for the rest of NCL fleets as it's booked up full & solid early.

Back on O'Sheehans/- NCL can "migrate" some of the items now only available on Shanghai Noodles and make them available 24/7 (or, maybe not at breakfast) ... dumpling & rice noodles soup is easy to serve, just add broth or a good soup stock, viola.

Meanwhile, no words of any new NCL fleet(wide) and/or ship-specific 2018 dining menus, yet. Waiting - we sail this early Spring & will post if we come across them.

We have an upcoming cruise ... a recent Dailies posting from a Pearl sailing last month from New Orleans ... "O'Sheean's Today's special PrimeRib! (Deck 8 Mid) 5:00pm to 9:00pm" on embarkation day. I do not recall O'Sheean's doing a prime Rib special on previous sailings. Is this something new? ...
Well, isn't that's wonderful for enjoying prime ribs, not entirely new - was offering that on other ships in the past year. Had it on the Gem & Breakaway, just not the most recent BA sailing last November - they offered several nightly specials, also with BBQ, "Seafood" Basket at OSH.

It was also offered in the MDR, if not the same evening, then the following evening or vice versa - so you won't "miss" it. Besides, you can always enjoy a supersized "supper" by eating again, not what if they are swiping your guest keycard to keep track of meal counts - it's complimentary.

What was different last November was the "themed" specials shifted nightly in the Breakaway's buffet, i.e. Italian, BBQ, Asian and "American", etc.

Get a hold of the "current" Freestyle Dailies upon embarkation & glance to see what's being highlighted & offered - that's "freestyle dining" without planning ahead, much easier on mid-sized ships. Roll Calls just ahead of your upcoming cruise are also great source of "intelligence" to make last minute decisions.