Just save $100.00

rjrice1

Just bought two $500.00 gift cards from AARP (nice to be over 50)

Saving $100.00 .

FYI, ANYONE can get the gift cards from AARP & Allstate, you do not have to be over 50 and you do not need to be an AARP Member. (I am nowhere close to 55 and have been buying these for a long time)

We always pay off our cruises, gratuities and all onboard spending with the gift cards. It's nice to save $400-$500+ on a cruise.

How do you purchase?

AARP Rewards for Good program:

www.aarp.org/rewards-for-good

You establish an account (you do NOT have to be a member) and start taking quizzes. You do not even have to pass the quiz, simply completing one gives you points. Once you accumulate enough points you can buy the gift cards with a 10% discount. A $500 gift card costs you $450 and 5000 points.

I had already accumulated my points in anticipation of them becoming available. These were e-cards, so the whole process of purchasing the cards and applying them to my outstanding Carnival balance, took no more than ten minutes.

Edited by dsotm73

You are absolutely right...

FYI, ANYONE can get the gift cards from AARP & Allstate, you do not have to be over 50 and you do not need to be an AARP Member. (I am nowhere close to 55 and have been buying these for a long time)

We always pay off our cruises, gratuities and all onboard spending with the gift cards. It's nice to save $400-$500+ on a cruise.

You don't have to be 49 1/2 or older to join AARP. People younger than that can get an associate membership. I get all AARP discounts. The only things I am not eligible for are the insurance products.

You are supposed to call AARP to get an associate membership since it isn't available or even mentioned on their website. An associate membership is the same price as a regular membership($16/year). The first year should be $12. When you call, you may get a rep that will try to charge you $16 for the first year. Be polite but firm and you should get it for $12.

https://wallethacks.com/is-aarp-worth-it/

AARP members have the same 5,000 daily point limit but get points faster than non-members. AARP members don't have to spend as much time taking quizzes. Members get 75 pts per day for logging in and double points in all quizzes. Newsletter points and points sent with physical gift cards aren't doubled.

I am 33 years old and I have an AARP membership. As others have stated you do NOT have to be over 50 to join.

A personal vacational planner from Norwegian actually signed me up. At that time Norwegian would offer 5% discount on cruise fares for AARP members

I am not an AARP member but I still participate in The rewards for good program. We paid for our cruise, an excursion and we will pay for onboard expenses using gift cards purchased through this program. It doesn’t take long to earn points. I usually do the quizzes when I’m watching TV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just ordered mine from all state, balance isn’t due for a few more weeks, but I only ordered $450 for 500 right now to make sure I get them in the mail in time... saving $50 bucks.. I’ll take any savings!!!!

FYI the eCards (when they have them) are MUCH MUCH better than having to order a physical card. If you order more you may check for them. :)