Swings on Havana Cabanas on Horizon?

I just read that all of the swings on the Havana Cabanas on the Horizon have been removed due to safety issues. Has anyone else heard about this? Sailing on July 31.

source? Where did you read this? Review? with Pictures? FB group (always suspect without photos)? JH's blog/FB page (semi-reliable if from JH himself, not comment section)?

Our swing chair un-threaded from the ceiling on the Vista when hubby twisted it up with hopes of spinning around. It fell with him in it and the upper hardware landed on top of his head. We spent sail-away getting stitches in the infirmary. We didn't use it again the rest of the cruise. He probably shouldn't have done that, but he also said that shouldn't have happened.

Our swing chair un-threaded from the ceiling on the Vista when hubby twisted it up with hopes of spinning around. It fell with him in it and the upper hardware landed on top of his head. We spent sail-away getting stitches in the infirmary. We didn't use it again the rest of the cruise. He probably shouldn't have done that, but he also said that shouldn't have happened.

hoping your hubby is better. I'm guessing between your experience and probably others noticing unthreaded swings, newer ceiling connections are needed. So it's a good thing to take down temporarily if intent is to replace.

Oh no, I am so sorry someone had to get hurt in order to reveal the problem! Hope he’s okay.

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed the swing chair on Vista but it isn't a make or break for me. I am a little disheartened that they removed the key card access to the room from the lanai on Horizon. I will miss that next year when we have another cabana.

I can only speak for myself. My wife and I had a Havana Cabana cabin on the Vista in January, 2018. I was sitting in the swing as we were leaving port in Miami and the bolt holding the swing in the overhead snapped. I fell and the bar at the top smacked me in the head and gave me a golf ball sized knot. The hardware was rusty and it wasn't a surprise that it broke.

So I completely understand if they've removed them.

I can only speak for myself. My wife and I had a Havana Cabana cabin on the Vista in January, 2018. I was sitting in the swing as we were leaving port in Miami and the bolt holding the swing in the overhead snapped. I fell and the bar at the top smacked me in the head and gave me a golf ball sized knot. The hardware was rusty and it wasn't a surprise that it broke.

So I completely understand if they've removed them.

Have you spoken with your attorney on the matter ?

No, I am not one to try to make money off of every little accident that happens.

Good for you ,with that being your first post I thought there would have been more information to follow .

Even if you had ,it would have been confidential . Sorry about your knot head :)

bump_on_the_head_smiley_face_tile_coaster.jpg?height=460&width=460&qv=90