Miami airport to pier

Flying into Miami in AM...how far is the pier and are there taxis available to take us to the pier..Price for the trip? would apprecite any info...just the 2 of us. thought a taxi would be the quickest and easiest.

When we took RCCL out of Miami we took their bus. This was 5 years ago and it was $30 a person round-trip. Sounds like taxi is more affordable from the above post.

Carnival Tropicale 10/15/98 Western Caribbean

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 11/22/99 Bahamas

Carnival Fascination 09/23/00 Southern caribbean

HAL Statendam 05/20/01 Alaska

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 11/08/01 Bahamas

Pacific Princess 09/29/02 Bermuda

Carnival Inspiration 12/14/03 Western caribbean

Carnival Miracle 04/09/04 Bahamas

The taxi rates are regulated in Miami. It is a flat rate $20 (+tip) to go from MIA to the cruise ship pier on Dodge Island.

As others have noted elsewhere on CC, you get a cab, you go. When taking the bus, you have to wait for it to fill. The taxi is just a better deal all the way around.

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

detroit100.gif

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;10;9;7;10;00&timezone=GMT-0500

And then:

Carnival Spirit 12/10/05 Mexican Riviera

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;12;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

• 11 years later...

I will be staying at this Days Inn a night http://www.daysinn.com/hotels/florida/ft-lauderdale/days-inn-fort-lauderdale-airport-north-cruise-port/hotel-overview

before embarking on the Eastern Caribb cruise. Has any one stayed in this hotel, and were they able to drop off people to the port? Your replies will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I will be staying at this Days Inn a night http://www.daysinn.com/hotels/florida/ft-lauderdale/days-inn-fort-lauderdale-airport-north-cruise-port/hotel-overview

before embarking on the Eastern Caribb cruise. Has any one stayed in this hotel, and were they able to drop off people to the port? Your replies will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You would get more visibility on your question if you posted it to the Florida Departures forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Flying into Miami in AM...how far is the pier and are there taxis available to take us to the pier..Price for the trip? would apprecite any info...just the 2 of us. thought a taxi would be the quickest and easiest.

The precise answer is that for a taxi it is a fixed fee of $27.00 for the taxi (not per person) between Miami airport and Port Of Miami. I have seen all sorts of other prices mentioned in this thread and they are wrong. :)

On top of this a tip would be appreciated and expected. :eek:

Keith

I don't understand your question.

Are you asking if the hotel has a shuttle between hotel and port?

If so, I would just call the hotel.

Keith

From a west-of-downtown Ft Lauderdale hotel to the Port of Miami you are looking at a triple-digit cab fare. No hotel provided shuttle will make that long a trip, nearly an hour each way considering the time it takes to get in and out of the port.

And that hotel is too far away from FLL airport (and in the wrong direction you need to go in the first place) to use the private shuttle services that pick up from FLL and nearby hotels for transport to Miami.

(Oh, and that hotel is a dump, right down the street from both the Salvation Army and the Ft Lauderdale municipal jail).

Edited by fishywood