Ruby Princess E730/731 or D732/D733?

snorkly

Hi Everyone,

I need help choosing a mini-suite for my parents on the Ruby Princess. They love being on their balcony for cruises so I thought maybe they would enjoy a bigger one. So, I was thinking E730/731 might be good, but unfortunately it's over Club Fusion. And, I know if they heard any noise from it, they'd be really unhappy as they're early-to-bed, light sleepers. How are D732 or D733? Is the balcony the same as E730/731? Is there a lot of motion or wind in the aft?

Thanks for helping me make this decision!

Hi Everyone,

I need help choosing a mini-suite for my parents on the Ruby Princess. They love being on their balcony for cruises so I thought maybe they would enjoy a bigger one. So, I was thinking E730/731 might be good, but unfortunately it's over Club Fusion. And, I know if they heard any noise from it, they'd be really unhappy as they're early-to-bed, light sleepers. How are D732 or D733? Is the balcony the same as E730/731? Is there a lot of motion or wind in the aft?

Thanks for helping me make this decision!

What if they want some shade?

Dolphin balcony fully exposed to cabins above.

Emerald (our favorite) are covered.

I would not worry about noise from CF. :)

We will be in E730 on the Crown in Feb. After researching it seems that E731 is the preferred cabin of the two because it is not over the dance/stage area that could generate some noise, but seems to be minimal. I would have preferred E731 but it was taken.

• 9 months later...
Do the twins make up in to a King/Queen in D732.

Thanks,

Yes, they do. On the Crown, Emerald, Ruby, D732 is no different than any other mini. Just has a bigger balcony. And yes, it can get windy. E730 is noisy, especially for light sleepers.

I've been in E725 a couple of times and absolutely LOVE the location. It's extremely quiet, the balconies are very private as well as covered and protected from wind and rain. The bandstand for Club Fusion is over E730 but, IMHO, it's a no-brainer: I'd go for E731 if it's available. You probably won't hear noise from Club Fusion from that cabin and you certainly won't hear anyone in the hallway.

Here are photos of my recent Sapphire mini-suite, E725. E731 would be very similar except for a larger balcony.

1831592603_Mini-suiteE725-1.jpg.353171e732c90bb4a358dab26bd620ea.jpg

1000270810_Mini-suiteE725-2.jpg.9be5c63b3d0d7460d361f3dc6948c48b.jpg

We were in E 730 on the Crown and NEVER heard a thing from Club Fusion...we rebooked it on the Ruby next April.....:D...love the BIG balcony.....

We had the last mini starboard, Emerald Deck on the Grand in October. PERFECT! I believe the same as E731. NO noise, end of hall so it was very quiet and the BALCONY! HUGH wrap around and we saw part of the wake. Fully covered. Would book it in a heartbeat.

These 4 cabins are the only mini's we book.

Please don't tell anyone about them... ;)

Speaking only from experience with the Ruby, the Dolphin deck balconies are a little bigger than the Emerald and offer THE BEST views for picture taking. The Emerald units are covered so most folks prefer them for the shade and rain situations.

Being an avid photographer, I much prefer the Dolphin balconies since they offer wide open vistas for great photo opps. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed in e731 on the Emerald Princess back in April. It was the best cruise that we have ever taken! We practically lived on that balcony. It was incredible! So beautiful! I'm posting a few more pictures of the balcony for the folks who might be interested in (obsessed with) seeing the balcony if they have this cabin booked for a future cruise (I was!).

570225569_e731balcony2.jpg.ebc61bd56750e25b3c4e0e76518f96c0.jpg

1684276880_Emeralde731.jpg.eb86d5ae19bdd98ae65a2f4926a82f67.jpg

75800270_e731wake-view.jpg.ef77f959953dbd035740d16312249848.jpg

1236597565_e731balcony.jpg.bb4455a6d4c75c544aedaf0d0ea8b95f.jpg

If E731 is available grab it! We have been in that location and the balcony is huge and we heard nothing from the club!

We just had it on the Crown. Great location and balcony. My wife heard noise from club fusion once. I didn't hear a thing.

• 2 weeks later...
We stayed in e731 on the Emerald Princess back in April. It was the best cruise that we have ever taken! We practically lived on that balcony. It was incredible! So beautiful! I'm posting a few more pictures of the balcony for the folks who might be interested in (obsessed with) seeing the balcony if they have this cabin booked for a future cruise (I was!).

Thanks for the pics. We have D733 right above that on the Ruby booked for our August 20 cruise. Popped up just before final payment and we grabbed it. Can't wait to sit and stretch out on the big balcony after a long day of touring in the hot Mediterranean.

Archived