Celebrating Birthday/Anniversary on Princess

weedhopper

Did Princess change their policy for celebrating the birthdays for the cruiser? We just returned from the Coral, and they do place balloons on the door, but that was all they did. What happened to the nice desert during the evening meal, singing "happy birthday" and a card????

Did you mention the celebration to your waiter in the dining room? Sometimes, often depending on the dining you have decided on, they will leave a card in your stateroom to give to the waiter during dinner. Sometimes it slips past them, but all that needed to be done was a mention to your dining staff and the cake and song would have been supplied, even without the card.

Sorry they missed you. Next time, just a little word in the right ear and it won't be missed.

My friend celebrated her birthday on our cruise a couple of weeks ago. Her husband arranged for the balloons on the door - I think there were 3 of them and at dinner our waitress brought over a cute little one serving mini cake for her. We sang and she blew out her candle. It was cute. At various times at dinner - we heard other tables singing and clapping. You have to tell them what you want in advance or how else would they know??

ENJOY

:)

Maybe there are too many birthday and anniversaries people are celebrating and they are cutting back.

My husband and I do not celebrates birthdays, anniversaries, or holidays any more. Makes it easier because he never could remember special days anyway.

We celebrated both anniversary and DW's birthday last year on the Crown.

Info was in Personalizer, flowers ordered from Princess for the room.

No balloons, and if someone else hadn't mentioned it to the wait staff, I don't think there would have been a cake. No Happy Birthday song.

Did it matter to us? Absolutely not. It wasn't about the birthday or anniversary, it was all about the cruise. The rest is just fluff.

I just celebrated my birthday onboard the CB. Our room steward put balloons around our stateroom door and we were given a card to give to the dining room server at dinner. For dessert they brought a really cute chocolate cake and candle and sang happy birthday to me. The cake was out of this world, a chocolate lover's dream. So they must still be doing it on the CB. Toto I think you are correct. DH must have said something:)

Linda

On the Golden in May we sat at a table for 4 in Anytime Dinning. At desert she was unhappy that they didn't bring her a cake. I asked if she talked to the maitre'd or head waiter, since they wouldn't know when or where she was dinning and she looked at me and said No. I told her to order the Princess Loveboat Dream (that is was much better anyway) and the waitress put a candle in it. I personally don't care about getting the cake I want the balloons and then I take them in the room and put them infront of the mirror, so it looks like there are more of them. I acutually took one home the last time, the flight attendant said, it will pop, but it didn't.

We had booked Sterlings Steakhouse for a group of us on DH's birthday one year. There were about 12 of us. After the meal they brought out a 'huge' fresh strawberry birthday cake (sorry, didn't get a picture of it). So, it will vary from ship to ship and dining venue to dining venue. ;)

Love the rum in the cake mix. I'll have to find the head chef and give him or her (my hubby can do that) a big ol' whoppin kiss and a cash stash for our anniversary cake. ;)

We are actually celebrating our anniversary and DH's b-day. I was able to put both in the personalizer and I have been told about the card in the room. I think it's great they celebrate with you, but even if they didn't, it's still just so cool to be celebrating both on the ship! :)

We were on the "Emerald" this past April and no Balloons on Our Door. No card left in our Cabin either on this voyage to give to Maitre"d. Going on the CB next week and will be celebrating our Anniversary. Will see if We get Our Balloons & Card in Cabin to give to Maitre"D. Sailed Princess over 20 times(ELITE) and when this happened to us back in April, We felt that they did away with these little perks.It didn't ruin our Cruise at all... IKE

Did Princess change their policy for celebrating the birthdays for the cruiser? We just returned from the Coral, and they do place balloons on the door, but that was all they did. What happened to the nice desert during the evening meal, singing "happy birthday" and a card????

On our August Cruise on the Golden we celebrated a birthday and an anniversary. We noted it on our cruise personalizer and both balloons at the stateroom door and desserts in the MDR were enjoyed. Several of the waiters sang happy birthday. Everyone had a great time.

The first night of our Caribbean cruise, the head waiter brought a card and cake to our table to celebrate my birthday. Okay. Interesting, since neither DH nor I put anything in our Personalizer. I never said that it wasn't my birthday and accepted the cake and card graciously. I told our tablemates about it and we all had a nice laugh and piece of the cake. When I looked at the card, it was signed by the wrong Captain. Captain Romano had just returned from California and Captain Kent had been on the ship the week before that. I thought about it for a few days and, since I was going to put the card in my scrapbook, decided to talk to Passenger Services about it since I had met Captain Romano many times throughout the cruise and he knew me by name. Passenger Services and I had a nice laugh and they gave me the card with Captain Romano's name on it.

We received balloons on our door for my DH's birthday and our anniversary on our Diamond cruise in June. We also got an envelope that contained a card to present in the dining room on my husband's birthday which I snuck in without him knowing. The waiter brought him a little cake with a candle and they all sang to him. It was fun to see him cringe in embarrassment!

I'm glad to hear that, in most cases, birthdays and other celebratory events have been acknowledged onboard in the usual manner. My DD is going on a cruise on the Star with me on Sunday, and I put a request in the Personalizer for a birthday recognition for her "Big 4-0". I hope they do the whole bit, including singing the birthday song to her.

We went on the Dawn to Australia last year- there were 4 couples- wires got crossed- and two of us were end of Oct. birthdays- but we got balloons- end of Sept. shortly after we boarded- - and cakes and singing. We mentioned it to our room steward- that our birthdays were really the end of Oct- we got them again, on our birthdays- It was a hoot- the staff do try so hard to please and make our trip enjoyable. rlb

Archived