FCC - Did they make the changes yet?

Cruise Junky

If I am not mistaken, the FCC paperwork actually says right on it that it is good for the first two passengers in a stateroom. I was trying to locate it to give you the exact wording. I will continue to look and see if I can find it.

I have mine and yes that is what it says and you need to read the footnote (the fine print) and than relate it to the offer .... I can see where you are coming from. On another tack, I supose there is no real differnce in using the second FCC and puting up a $100 except that you are burning up any "dry powder" that you have in reserve....right now I need a reload.:)

I am going to print this a put it where I can find it (I hope) for my next discussion with our TA. With our last bookings we wre on a 3 way call with Princess on the topic and the CSR was quite emphatic that we needed to both use a FCC....but I am happy to learn the contary is correct.:)

As was the word of the onboard future cruise rep, both are wrong.

Its amazing isn't it!!

Guess I'm feeling pretty lucky right now not having had to tell them what their policy is. :) When I booked with Princess two weeks ago and said I wanted to use my FCC she than asked if I wanted to us DH's for him and when I said no just mine for this cruise she said, "great then you'll just have to pay the $100 deposit for him and have $100 OBC for each of you!" The OBC's showed up on both the confirmation invoice I recieved a few minutes later and is showing on our cruise personalizer.

Couldn't beleive my luck when I got the same girl when I called to inquire about the three day sale this week since I knew she'd know what she was talking about;) Needless to say I didn't book anything this time and she thought that was a good idea.:) Hope I get her next time!

Guess I'm feeling pretty lucky right now not having had to tell them what their policy is. :) When I booked with Princess two weeks ago and said I wanted to use my FCC she than asked if I wanted to us DH's for him and when I said no just mine for this cruise she said, "great then you'll just have to pay the $100 deposit for him and have $100 OBC for each of you!" The OBC's showed up on both the confirmation invoice I recieved a few minutes later and is showing on our cruise personalizer.

Couldn't beleive my luck when I got the same girl when I called to inquire about the three day sale this week since I knew she'd know what she was talking about;) Needless to say I didn't book anything this time and she thought that was a good idea.:) Hope I get her next time!

Know what you mean... when we booked our B2B the lady was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.... my first price reduction the guy was O.U.T.S.T.A.N.D.I.N.G... second price reduction.. she was a D.U.D..didn't know a thing. Truly is hit and miss.

Recently had a booking direct with Princess (booked at the end of July for November 20 sailing) where they took only one of my FCC's for the deposit. However just before final was due I wanted to turn over to an agency for additional onboard credits. After I faxed the transfer request I noticed on my personalizer that another FCC had been added to the booking. I contacted Princess and this is what was emailed back to me:

I had to apply the other FCC's due to a Travel Agent is taken over the booking. Here's why,

IMPORTANT NOTES:

• We have received several comments regarding this issue as passengers are now coming to OBSMs (OnBoard Sales Managers) asking to only purchase one FCC per couple rather than one FCC per person. Please know that we do not support this request as this is against our policy. When a passenger comes to calls in and states that they only want to use one future cruise deposit per couple, please make sure to advise them that this will not cover their full deposit.
  • Second, for quite some time now, there has been a system glitch where when you apply a single FCC, the shipboard credit applies to both passengers (pax 1 & 2). Please know that this is NOT our policy. The FCC program was designed for each passenger to purchase one FCC and receive a shipboard credit, not for one FCC to be purchased by one person and both pax receive shipboard credit. Please be advised that we cannot guarantee that the shipboard credit will apply to both passengers as this is a system glitch.

Please know that we are in the process of trying to fix this problem.

I 'm so sorry about all this but I have to stick by policy.

Interesting though, we have another booking for next September with just one FCC holding that sailing deposit and nothing was said about that booking.:confused:

Recently had a booking direct with Princess (booked at the end of July for November 20 sailing) where they took only one of my FCC's for the deposit. However just before final was due I wanted to turn over to an agency for additional onboard credits. After I faxed the transfer request I noticed on my personalizer that another FCC had been added to the booking. I contacted Princess and this is what was emailed back to me:

I had to apply the other FCC's due to a Travel Agent is taken over the booking. Here's why,

IMPORTANT NOTES:

• We have received several comments regarding this issue as passengers are now coming to OBSMs (OnBoard Sales Managers) asking to only purchase one FCC per couple rather than one FCC per person. Please know that we do not support this request as this is against our policy. When a passenger comes to calls in and states that they only want to use one future cruise deposit per couple, please make sure to advise them that this will not cover their full deposit.
  • Second, for quite some time now, there has been a system glitch where when you apply a single FCC, the shipboard credit applies to both passengers (pax 1 & 2). Please know that this is NOT our policy. The FCC program was designed for each passenger to purchase one FCC and receive a shipboard credit, not for one FCC to be purchased by one person and both pax receive shipboard credit. Please be advised that we cannot guarantee that the shipboard credit will apply to both passengers as this is a system glitch.

Please know that we are in the process of trying to fix this problem.

I 'm so sorry about all this but I have to stick by policy.

Interesting though, we have another booking for next September with just one FCC holding that sailing deposit and nothing was said about that booking.:confused:

Who is that from?? Your TA?

Sounds like a little kid wrote it. :eek:

Seems pretty simple to me if they want to change this. All they would have to do is to take that fine print off the bottom that says "This offer applies to the first two passengers in stateroom only, and is not applicable to upper berth passengers." And replace it with "One FCC is required per person for the lowered deposit and shipboard credit attached to this offer"

Doesn't seem like any glitch to me, since Princess is the one that had these FCC receipts printed.

All I know is I have used one FCC per booking for the last several years, and even as little as two months ago, no problem whatsoever. ;)

How did you get that e-mail then.

I may not have been clear but I faxed a transfer request to the PVP to release the space to a Travel Agency. At this point is when the PVP removed another FCC from my bank ( Per the PVP because I was using a Travel Agent). When I noticed the FCC removed on my personalizer (within hours of the transfer request) is when I contacted the PVP to ask why this was done and she replied with the email I posted previously.

I may not have been clear but I faxed a transfer request to the PVP to release the space to a Travel Agency. At this point is when the PVP removed another FCC from my bank ( Per the PVP because I was using a Travel Agent). When I noticed the FCC removed on my personalizer (within hours of the transfer request) is when I contacted the PVP to ask why this was done and she replied with the email I posted previously.

I have NEVER heard of them doing this before. So it sounds like they originally allowed you to use your one FCC for two passengers but removed a second FCC from your account when transfering to a TA? Correct? If this is correct, What happened to the other $100 you put down for the second person then? Was it just deducted from your original price?

[quote name='Colo Cruiser']Interesting how Princess uses the word "GLITCH". :eek:[/QUOTE]

The word "glitch" is the same word that the future cruise sales person used in July.

I usually don't book in advance. I spoke to my agent on Tuesday or Wed of this week and asked if she heard anything and she said "they keep telling us that things are going to change but they haven't yet". I went ahead and did 4 bookings this week and used 3 FCCs. My agent had a $100 deposit sale this week and I used that for the 4th one. The 4th one is a duplication of a cruise - I just wasn't sure which week I could cruise so I booked 2 of them and I will decide later. My paperwork shows that we both got the OBC and this was as of Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. I held t he cruises on Sunday and then my agent deposited them mid week.

My main reason of booking was that I wanted a specific cabin for the 2 cruises that are "farther out there". They are pretty pricey for me right now and I am not sure if I am going on them but I picked the cabin and I will see if the prices come down.

So - as of this week, $100 fcc and $100 deposit worked for me.

We've bought FCC's since our first Princess cruise in 03. Ironically, we had the same FC Director on the first 3 or 4 cruises. She always told us that we needed one for each of us in order to do the $100 deposit and to get the onboard credit, but that we could hold a cabin with just one. Our TA and Princess applied our last 2 FCCs to our upcoming British Isles cruise. We were never offered the option of "saving" one for a different cruise even though I know many on Cruise Critic have done that.

BTW, these FCCs that we just used were "missing" for a couple of years. Princess and TA both insisted that we had used all we had purchased. DH and I knew we had 2 more, but I couldn't find the paperwork at the time. I had not been into my Captains Cirlce account for awhile since we were sailing on HAL, so I was delighted to find that those FCCs were finally listed, but we only had til Nov, 2010 to use them. I went back through our FCC paperwork from 06 and did find the paperwork for them. I think most of the problem was that Princess was in the process of changing/upgrading the Captain's Circle web page, and it just took some time for our info to get inputted. Either that or the other FC Director didn't turn her information in on time.

[quote name='Coral']My main reason of booking was that I wanted a specific cabin for the 2 cruises that are "farther out there". They are pretty pricey for me right now and I am not sure if I am going on them but I picked the cabin and I will see if the prices come down.[/quote]
This is a big reason we keep returning to Princess (and still would, whether it's one FCC plus $100 booking a cabin, or two FCCs)...the ability to book a specific cabin for just $100. It's a no brainer, and a definite Princess benefit over its competitors, who offer FCCs, but require full deposit amounts to book a specific cruise. We are already booked for 3 B2B2B in 2011. If we want the same cabin for all 3 cruises, we have to book ahead. Princess makes it easy and financially pretty painless to do that.

[quote name='Carolina Cruisr']Recently had a booking direct with Princess (booked at the end of July for November 20 sailing) where they took only one of my FCC's for the deposit. However just before final was due I wanted to turn over to an agency for additional onboard credits. After I faxed the transfer request I noticed on my personalizer that another FCC had been added to the booking. I contacted Princess and this is what was emailed back to me:

[B][FONT=Arial]I had to apply the other FCC's due to a Travel Agent is taken over the booking. Here's why,[/FONT][/B]

[U][B][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]IMPORTANT NOTES:[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/U]
[LIST]
[*][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]We have received several comments regarding this issue as passengers are now coming to OBSMs (OnBoard Sales Managers) asking to only purchase [B]one FCC per couple[/B] rather than [B]one FCC per person[/B]. Please know that we [B][U]do not support this request as this is against our policy[/U][/B]. When a passenger comes to calls in and states that they only want to use one future cruise deposit per couple, please make sure to advise them that this will [B][U]not[/U][/B] cover their full deposit. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=red]Second, for quite some time now, there has been a system glitch where when you apply a single FCC, the shipboard credit applies to both passengers (pax 1 & 2). Please know that this is NOT our policy. The FCC program was designed for each passenger to purchase one FCC and receive a shipboard credit, not for one FCC to be purchased by one person and both pax receive shipboard credit. Please be advised that we cannot guarantee that the shipboard credit will apply to both passengers as this is a system glitch.[/COLOR] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[/LIST][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][B]Please know that we are in the process of trying to fix this problem.[/B] [/SIZE][/FONT]

[B][SIZE=3][FONT=sans-serif]I 'm so sorry about all this but I have to stick by policy.[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

Interesting though, we have another booking for next September with just one FCC holding that sailing deposit and nothing was said about that booking.:confused:[/quote]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=green]Last March we cruised on the Crown. I had booked through an online agency using one FCC and $100.00 deposit for second party. She did not receive the OBC. When I questioned them onboard I was also told it was a "glitch" and for both of us to get the OBC we should have used 2 FCC's. This was last March, you would think they would have it straight by now:confused:[/COLOR][/SIZE]

We just got off the Caribbean Princess yesterday with two FCCs - and they each still say they are good for the first two passengers - the Future Cruise Consultant didn't know anything about a possible change in policy.

[quote name='san diego sue']Can't believe that they have such un educated reps. I just wanted to lock in my price as I got one of those lower than my friends prices on line. Will probably switch the booking if another agency has lowered price than that. In checking around this week, no one had that low price. Next time I call Princess , will just hang up if I get a dumb rep.[/quote]
By any chance was this Hannah? I got that rep two times myself. The first time I KNEW she didn't have a clue as to what she was talking about. The second time I called (hoping to get someone else) she answered...so I hung up! Called back later, got someone else!

[quote name='san diego sue'] Will probably switch the booking if another agency has lowered price than that. In checking around this week, no one had that low price. Next time I call Princess , will just hang up if I get a dumb rep.[/QUOTE]

Sue - you just need to find an agent who discounts and then transfer the booking to them. My agent will discount ANY price that Princess quotes - so it doesn't matter what I find online (compared to what I have booked with Princess) - she will discount the price Princess gave me.

You are already locked into a good price, an agent who discounts can lower that price regardless of how good of price Princess gave you compared to others.

Archived