First suite

earl_m

I recieved a phone call from my TA yesterday , if I wanted a upgrade from a SY stateroom to a SA suite for $300.00 each. I couldn't say yes fast enough. I now have a suite in front of the Neptune Lounge NO. 7065. first time having a suite. I plan on taking full advantage of my perks. I am going to read up on what is offer.

I may never leave the room during the cruise!!

Congratulations!!!! :)

We tried an SA for the first time on our May cruise, and it was wonderful having all that extra room since we like to relax in our cabin a lot. The one "perk" I thought we'd have no use for was the concierge, and instead we found her to be wonderfully helpful.

I hope you both really enjoy it!

Hope you enjoy your suite! :)

We were offered the same, upgrade from an SY, but we turned it down. We would not use $300 worth of "perks" each. But people seem to really enjoy all the frills, so I say go for it.

Enjoy your cruise!

I think you get free laundry, not sure about dry-cleaning, but probably pressing for certain...and some suites, if you arrive early you can embark early through the "special" line, not unlike airlines do for their first class pax. Plus you may receive special lounge access so it will let you get away from the crowds if you wish, or enjoy the greater space in your cabin if you wish...but from what other posters have said in other threads, you won't want to go back to a "regular" cabin after this!!! Enjoy and let the good times roll.

I recieved a phone call from my TA yesterday , if I wanted a upgrade from a SY stateroom to a SA suite for $300.00 each. I couldn't say yes fast enough. I now have a suite in front of the Neptune Lounge NO. 7065. first time having a suite. I plan on taking full advantage of my perks. I am going to read up on what is offer.

Your going to be so spoiled, you will never go back, welcome to the suite life.

Just back from a suite on the Volendam - loved it! To me it certainly would be worth $300. Between the Neptune Lounge, great room service options, and using the Kings room for a special breakfast we never made it to the Lido buffet all week. Be sure to try the Pinnacle Dining option at least once.

DaveOKC

Boy oh boy did you make the right move. :p

The Neptune Lounge is great but so is that cabin! Lots of extra floor space. I will admit to getting sort of lost returning from the powder room on the first night. After that I kept a light on.

I predict that you'll enjoy the experience.

congrats on getting your upgrade and after talking to a neighbour last night, they were telling us on how they also got an upgrade on a cruise and how they saved $4,000 by getting that phone call. Lucky you, and lucky them, but the question I have is, why would I still want to go thru with my "S" booking for a 21 day Panama cruise? Now, I know I would never be lucky enough to get the upgrade, but man, it sure would get to me if I found out that I paid 14,000+ for the cruise and find out a few other passengers got their suites for 8,000 + $300.00 each to upgrade. Like I said, lucky you, but boy, I know myself, I would really be upset. And this upgrade system is really turning me off with HAL (and I haven't started to cruise with them yet).

I don't understand the philosophy to fill the rooms at a discounted price at the risk of upsetting full paying customers? I haven't seen anyone else discussing this, I just see the excitement over the upgrade fairy...am I off base here?

Congratulations on a sweet upsell! We were in 7061 and had an outstanding cruise. Careful, though... you'll be spoiled forever!

We were just offered an upsell from SS to SA for $599 each and turned it down. I've never paid that much!

Mariner%203%20Star.gif Candy the ZuiderPrincess and Sir James

I'm a sucker for the aft corners myself, but the SA's will have you just as spoiled :)

Enjoy the espresso machine in the Neptune (my personal highlight when in a suite)

Thank you all ! I am sure you are right, Once you have a suite , you won't want to settle for less!

Ibcursin!! I know its not fair for the people who paid full fare for a suite. but I am not going to pass a bargain like that.

congrats on getting your upgrade and after talking to a neighbour last night, they were telling us on how they also got an upgrade on a cruise and how they saved $4,000 by getting that phone call. Lucky you, and lucky them, but the question I have is, why would I still want to go thru with my "S" booking for a 21 day Panama cruise? Now, I know I would never be lucky enough to get the upgrade, but man, it sure would get to me if I found out that I paid 14,000+ for the cruise and find out a few other passengers got their suites for 8,000 + $300.00 each to upgrade. Like I said, lucky you, but boy, I know myself, I would really be upset. And this upgrade system is really turning me off with HAL (and I haven't started to cruise with them yet).

I don't understand the philosophy to fill the rooms at a discounted price at the risk of upsetting full paying customers? I haven't seen anyone else discussing this, I just see the excitement over the upgrade fairy...am I off base here?

I know. I guess it's the drawback of booking early to get exactly what you want. :)

For me, that "chance upgrade" would never come through, so I don't risk it.

I tend to avoid upgrade threads so I don't see what a bargain others have received while we paid the going rate because I'm just not a gambler.

The other reason I tend to avoid "upgrade threads" is because, for the life of me, I do not understand people who don't book the cabin category in which they would be happy sailing. Upgrades are never guaranteed, and I'd rather have my guarantee and know what I'll be sailing in ahead of time. The "how do I get upgraded" threads annoy me, so I just avoid them.

I'm more of a "bird in the hand" kind of girl, and bottom line is that I agreed to the price when I booked exactly what I wanted.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

It happens all the time anymore.

We have been on a couple of cruises recently -- booked the SA -- then found out once we were on the ship that several people in SA's got last minute deals to upgrade to those cabins.

Nothing you can do about it.

If you are unhappy -- book the cheaper cabin and hope the upsell fairy visits you.

We choose not to take that chance.

I know. I guess it's the drawback of booking early to get exactly what you want. :)

For me, that "chance upgrade" would never come through, so I don't risk it.

I tend to avoid upgrade threads so I don't see what a bargain others have received while we paid the going rate because I'm just not a gambler.

The other reason I tend to avoid "upgrade threads" is because, for the life of me, I do not understand people who don't book the cabin category in which they would be happy sailing. Upgrades are never guaranteed, and I'd rather have my guarantee and know what I'll be sailing in ahead of time. The "how do I get upgraded" threads annoy me, so I just avoid them.

I'm more of a "bird in the hand" kind of girl, and bottom line is that I agreed to the price when I booked exactly what I wanted.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

I was perfectly happy with My SY stateroom , This is what I bought ,this was what I wanted.

My TA offer me this deal, Was I suppose to pass it because other people pay alot more than me for this suite. If a good deal comes along , It would be foolish to pass it up.

I was perfectly happy with My SY stateroom , This is what I bought ,this was what I wanted.

My TA offer me this deal, Was I suppose to pass it because other people pay alot more than me for this suite. If a good deal comes along , It would be foolish to pass it up.

No you were not suppose to pass up such a good deal. Who knows when another one will come along.

Enjoy your SA!!

Absolutely not! This is supply and demand and the cruise line wants bodies on their ships, not empty cabins! Whether you sail in an inside or a suite, once a certain date has passed, it really does not matter. What will matter is onboard spending. Go and have a great time and enjoy your bargain!!!

Archived