Packing diapers

Cruisin Around

Hi All!

I figured I'd turn to my trusty CC friends for this question. I was planning on packing two packs of diapers in my suitcase with a big pack of wipes for our seven day cruise. They are taking up a lot of room and I was wondering if I could just tape them up in a cardboard box and bring it to the pier. As long as all the information is on it, will that be OK (name, room, number?) Will they have to open it to inspect it? Should I do it in a large duffle instead? Has anyone else done this? What's your secret to packing diapers, wipes, clorox wipes, hand wipes? Help!

Thank you!

They don't have to be in a suitcase---in a box with your name and cabin is fine. Who knows--they may open it for inspection, but so what? It's diapers! Or, you could just tape (or tie) a couple boxes of diapers together...they don't have to be "in" another container.

I throw a few Clorox wipes into a zip-loc bag...you don't need the whole container of them! A few will do!

I don't think they would open the box unless they saw something on the x-ray to make them suspcious. Even then, they would probably call you down to the naughty room to open the box up rather than opening it themselves. A box or 2 of diapers shouldn't show up anything dangerous on the x-ray...well, maybe after the diaper has been used ;)

Maybe you could invest in one of those duffles that sort of zips into itself, into a flat square, but opens up into a duffle. You could fill it with doapers and a few other things, and as you use the diapers, you would gain space for souvenirs...EM

Hi All!

I figured I'd turn to my trusty CC friends for this question. I was planning on packing two packs of diapers in my suitcase with a big pack of wipes for our seven day cruise. They are taking up a lot of room and I was wondering if I could just tape them up in a cardboard box and bring it to the pier. As long as all the information is on it, will that be OK (name, room, number?) Will they have to open it to inspect it? Should I do it in a large duffle instead? Has anyone else done this? What's your secret to packing diapers, wipes, clorox wipes, hand wipes? Help!

Thank you!

The BEST advice I was given as to packing diapers was to shove them into the outside pockets of your suitcase after you have packed. After all, they don't really weigh much. Wipes, etc, if you cant purchase them once you land then you just have to pack them.

I found that the diapers took up less space and were much more compacted when they were still in the packaging than after I had taken them out, so leave them in the packaging if you can. I like the idea of taking them in a duffle bag that can then be used for souveniers. I used to take refill packages of wipes rather than the boxes of wipes as they would take up less space as you used them up. Just put them in a large ziplock bag if the sticky closure tab loses it's stickiness.

Hope this helps,

N.

I've taken a box filled with items on each of my last six cruises. Diapers, snacks, etc. that we'll use and not be bringing home (nothing liquid that wouldn't be safe if it broke inside a zip loc - I don't want to take any chance that the diapers will be ruined and I'll have to search for them). I just paste a luggage tag to the box and it shows up in my cabin. Then I break the box down and the cabin steward takes it with the trash. I duct tape it closed and have never had a problem with them wanting to open it at the port (I've also taken a large bin filled with toys, floaties, etc and duct taped that closed and never had a problem).

Best,

Mia

Well... I also decided to call Royal Caribbean, and I love them, but as is the norm when you contact them, I really don't know know more than I did before! LOL I called once and talked to a man that told me no problem packing a cardboard box that was taped just. They'd just send it through an x-ray machine with no problem. So as is the norm for me, (ha!) I called back again immediately, got a different agent and she told me that they have to have everything opened and probably wouldn't have tape so they wouldn't like it and couldn't guarantee that things wouldn't fall out! Oh well!!!

Archived